Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 2:02 AM
Default do you regret things you did when you were younger?
i have way too many to say it here so yes i did regret the stupid things i did when i was younger

for 1 examble: i had this first boyfriend when i was 12, we we're so in love with each other we couldn't live with each other for 1 day or else we'll get crazy
however years flies by and i happend to notice my first ex boyfriend barely comes to me like he used to, i kept having questions why he won't come to me like he used to (i said it on my mind actually)
then 1 day i got to spend the time with my best friend, and that's by that time when she told me he's seeing other people all the time or atleast for the last few months, i turned 16 for a month back by then

and right after she told me he was cheating on me i broke up with him, 1 day after i found out he was cheating on me
right before i found out i started to like this other (second) boyfriend but i didn't said it out loud, i kept it to myself

i was heartbroken to my first boyfriend 2 or 3 months after i got a heartbreak i told my second boyfriend the truth and forced him to break up with HIS girlfriend since he was taken back by then
and after that, we were dating each other and maked my first ex boyfriend jealous just so he knew what it's like to have in pain what i used to have when he was cheating on me (atleast i'm not a cheater unlike my first ex boyfriend)
when i saw my first ex boyfriend i kept being so angry at him I stuck my middle finger on and i kept saying fuck you to him

i got kicked hard when i keep saying the same word and when I stuck my middle finger on he also kept saying it wasn't what it looks like or anything like that
one day i forgave my first ex boyfriend for cheating on me but he had to promise me to just keep being be friends again and leave it all behind me since he still has feelings for me, i guess he accept it since my second boyfriend and i were dating for a while

then i turned 19 and so does my second boyfriend and in that year was the time i didn't got feelings for him anymore but it took me forever to tell him the truth
he thinks i make jokes or something when i know i'm not joking about that and he don't take the bad stuff very well in general (he has autism so he don't take things right)

then one day i told my mom i don't have feelings for him anymore, my boyfriend's mom did knew about that since i was irritating around him then i used to
they made an appointment when the dates was right to break up with him and tell's him the truth, then the day has come and it was right after the winterbreak/christmasbreak
i told him the truth i didn't got feelings for him anymore and that i decided to break up with him face to face

and of course he didn't took this very well and thought i was joking, it's like i saw this comment coming to him, he asked if i had a new boyfriend, but i answered no because i won't cheat on him, and when we we're about to leave after i told him the truth he wanted to kiss me for the last time and cuddles me, he begged me so i was like: alright alright

and now it's exactly 1 and a half years later: we both turned 21 last month and i happened to think i did all of this to get over my first boyfriend, to have no longer pain i used to have and to get rid of the heartbreaks i had
anf it all worked, i forgave my first ex boyfriend for cheating on me and i don't have a heartbreak after my second ex boyfriend and i dated for 3 years (yes you heard it very well, my second boyfriend and i dated for 3 years and 3 months)

i guess i learned my lesson not to have a boyfriend for revenge to do the same thing my first boyfriend did by hurting me i mean i only wanted my second boyfriend to do the same thing my first boyfriend did
so yes i regret that mistake

so yes this topic said it all: do you regret things you did when you were younger?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:13 AM
How far back we talking about? I can recall 26 years from memory out of 30. I can honestly tell you I regret doing bad in school. I would probably have a better college degree. I regret this car crash I had 3 years ago. I regret acting so bad when I was younger I was assumed to be autistic and criminal. I regret not doing what I should have done in my past jobs. I regret all the lawsuits I could have filed. I regret all the chances I didn't take cause I was an introverted loser and cared too much. I regret not being my true self at a younger age.

Dag-Dag
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:39 AM
A bunch of things. Mostly related to school stuff cos now I'm in a course that I don't particularly like. But I'm in to deep so I just need to get through it (without losing my shit) and then all will be well. Ish. Basically I can't do finance or accounting buy my particular uni focuses on those things and we were never told that and I did not realise that until late last year and by then it was too late anyway. It's my fault really, no one said I had to pick this course, but then again I should have made better A Level choices or I wouldn't be in this position in the first place

Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 1:00 PM
I used to work with men who were living in a halfway house after being released from prison. Some of those guys had been in for 20-30 years. They were filled with regret over what they'd done and the years of their lives lost to it. We would talk about it and I would always tell them to put it in the rear view mirror and remember it's not what you've done. It's what you've learned. Take that lesson and move forward with it.

We can't change our past, but we can use that pain to make us better people.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:18 PM
When I think about my younger teen years, I have regret that I didn't reach out for help when I needed it. I was in some dark places when I was 14, 15ish. I try not to think about it too much because all my Tumblr posts were rather cringy. I'd say I have more repressed anger about my younger years, though, simply because people didn't help me in the way I needed it.

I also regret the number of boys I've "dated." Y'know, silly high school flings and all that.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I've learned a few things since those days. For starters, I don't allow those kinds of people in my life any more, whether it be in real life or online. On the softer side, I've learned to cherish and treasure those that take the time to let me know when I'm headed off into the wrong direction. One of those people dubbed as 'my favorite human' has done more for me than he'll ever know. It isn't something we talk about or discuss. He isn't a angel either. If anything I worry about him more often than I should, but at the end of day, what he was taught me through being himself is priceless.

^ I have similar sentiments about someone who was once in my life. He was mentally and emotionally abusive to me over the course of six years, sure, but my relationship with him taught me so much about myself. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for him. I've come to terms with everything that happened...it wasn't until I graduated high school and went off to college that I realized our relationship/friendship was ridiculously toxic. It took me a few relationships to figure it out, but after being with my current boyfriend of almost a year I've finally learned that love is not abuse. My six-year friendship, on the other hand, helped me learn what love isn't.
Sometimes there are still moments where I wonder how I would react if said person tried to walk back into my life...or what I would do if I saw him by surprise while walking down the street. I do hold some happy memories close to my heart, though, and in certain fleeting moments, I catch myself still missing him a little.
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:03 PM
seeing as i am young (early teens) i can't say i've really regretted much from when i as a kid but in the future i'll probably regret beeing such a dick to everyone and generally not caring about school.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:46 PM
I really regret my later teen years. I would say 17-19 being the worst... Albeit for different reasons, if that makes any sense.

When I was 17, even going into 18, I was very immature and treated people around me like crap. I was also super negative and depressing. I also remember being incredibly selfish. This is all evident online as well as it was IRL. *sighs* But I never actually really hurt anyone, and the worst I can say is that I was just being a really bratty teenager... So why not move on? (Don't read past this point if you don't want anything really serious. I don't go into details... But this is all very deeply mentally scarring to me, and more)

It's what happened later on in the last months of me being 18 that makes my attitudes during my 17/18 years so painful to look back upon. My biggest regret ever for a reason. During that time, after all of my depressing, whiny attention-seeking (the sad thing is that I was growing up and actually learning to be happy before this), my life very suddenly took a legitimately dark turn. Some of it was things that just happen in peoples' lives, death and illness of close ones. However, one major part was medical issues I was confronted with straight out of my worst nightmares.

Everything happened at once. It's like my childhood ended right there in one fell swoop. And the problem was, I could not properly mentally manage all of it. At first I was open about what was going on, and might have gone for help. But then... I stopped. I shut down. I told my parents "Everything is fine. Don't worry about it anymore" and went on pretending like everything would be "okay". Having not ever really having been to a doctor, I assumed the worst of it all, that nothing could have been done at that point and that everything would happen quick and that I should just live on what was remaining like before, because anything else would be a waste (I really thought that if I confronted it, I'd be told by doctors that I wouldn't be able to play my bassoon anymore and would have to drop out of college for my dream career in music and everything).

I was foolish. So foolish. I now believe that if I had just confronted it that things could have been taken care of and that everything would be okay. Instead I didn't and my life is a mess, to say the least. I wish so dearly I could have a second chance. I'd give anything...

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 2:48 AM
Almost everything said and done from 14 years old and ongoing.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#9 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:03 AM
I always say that life is like a car's wheel: Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're at rock bottom. Sometimes you're sitting at that red light a little longer than usual, other times you can't stop spinning because you're barrelling down the road at 100 MPH. I feel like even now, I'm regretful of a lot of things that happened this past year. The only perks were that I met my current boyfriend, but otherwise, I made a lot of foolish choices or I let others walk all over me. Sophomore year of college taught me more about life than any other year.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
My relationship with my favorite human ( I didn't give him that name, somebody else did. I do have my own nicknames for him though...) has never been toxic in all of the 15 -plus years I've known him. We've locked horns a few times, but it was never over anything serious and the problem was solved almost as fast as it appeared. He's smart, a business owner, busts his ass everyday and is just a cool guy. The things I worry about are not really something I should worry about as his life is completely different than what it was a few years ago. Not that it was bad before, but he has a lot more responsibility these days.

That's wonderful that you can have that connection with someone, especially after 15 years.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:56 PM
I lost count of how many times I made regrettable actions without pause then to regret them now. In fact, I try not to let regret hold me back.

But my most regrettable action was when I messed with a satellite dish at top of the tallest tree in the Cascade Foothills. I was 18 and I somehow made the dish broadcast instead of receive data. I was a novice programmer and the neighborhood was upset with my parents and in turn, upset with me.

At least it didn't turn into a dysfunctional rigamarole involving someone who took advantage of prosthetic limbs and used them to their advantage in said rigamarole to say something to me like "That's why...we triple check our work."

All jokes aside, I find it unwise to hang onto regret, it becomes toxic and consumes you.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Alchemist
#11 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
I always say that life is like a car's wheel: Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're at rock bottom. Sometimes you're sitting at that red light a little longer than usual, other times you can't stop spinning because you're barrelling down the road at 100 MPH. I feel like even now, I'm regretful of a lot of things that happened this past year. The only perks were that I met my current boyfriend, but otherwise, I made a lot of foolish choices or I let others walk all over me. Sophomore year of college taught me more about life than any other year.

I think my wheel locked up staying on rock bottom, making me barreling down the road at a 100mph unable to stop for red lights.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#12 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:46 AM
I regret not moving to another school after I applied for the second one (which consist of 1-8 graders, but I joined it starting with 5th grade). I was socially and emotionally bullied a LOT. It was a train wreck through those years.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:41 PM
i regret the things i said to my dad when i was angry at home: i said he was a bad father and that i wished he was never born or that i wished he died, i didn't knew what to do back by then!
and of course he didn't wanted to see me for the whole day, i regret it after a few hours when i said ugly things to him (i know it's been 4 years when i said that last word when it comes to death but i regret it ever since i said that)

i also regrets for the self harming i did when i was a few years younger, i used to hurt myself, at first i did it for attention but then it became so addicted to that, i couldn't stop hurting myself when i was angry, scared or when i was crying
but then i watched a sims 2 episode (some of you might know that sims 2 serie) called my life from nataliefirexx and then i stopped hurting myself after roxy told maddie to stop hurting yourself because you won't get anything in your life
and when roxy told maddie her story i kind of stopped hurting myself since her story reminded a bit of myself when it comes to self-harmed (i sure had an other bad past as like epilepsy, bullying, my grandmother who was death already, feel like an outcast in my family, losing a few best friend because they were leaving me and so forth) i guess roxy's story got into me that i decided to stop hurting myself

and a few weeks before my grandfather died i had a serious talk to my cousin about some stuff that's been bothering me and she understood me like a lot, she gave me a couple of tips about a lot of stuff that's difficult to talk to anyone
i still have the document on my computer she shared it once at my mom's email but i don't look at it that much on my computer :o

i have less time or i wanna take a nap or i wanna relax by watching YouTube video's or listen to music so the time is never been right to watch it at the documents
it's been almost 2 years when i had a serious talk to my cousin about a difficult and embarassed topic (one of them was about how to deal with my emotions) and it was right before my grandfather died
so it's about the time i look at the documents how to deal with some stuff so i also regret by not watching my own documents what my cousin and i make once in a while when i'm in shit
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:01 AM
this thread dies

but i remember from 2 months or so ago i took a shower in the middle of the night while i was angry at my father.

i remember he asked if i could get the beer on the fridge, i asked him why he couldn't do it himself or something, and guess what? he got angry

and in that meanwhile while my parents were sleeping i thought it won't hurt to take a shower and cool me down
thank god i didn't got caught but it could've end up otherwise, it was almost in the morning when i finally fell asleep.

it was the stress that was the cause that i didn't fell asleep thanks to my dad

damn i still regret the things i did back by then
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:57 AM
Most of the things I did are what made me become me. I don't wanna regret myself...Though maybe I do regret. My grets of the re.

I regret not being as honest as I should have. But I've worked on that. A lot. And it gets really tiring to have to work on myself. I've told my brother the reason why we both had a fallout for like 10 years. And it was all my own fault. But I had to be truthful and tell him why. So maybe he doesn't understand.

Oh well. I lost a lot of friends because of my lies. But I can only be as truthful as my mind lets me and sometimes I had to say lies because the lies were all I had known. Then the climax happens and this movie's plot just started sucking. I want a refund for my ticket, but the man at the booth always tell me no. I get some popcorn instead and try to laugh at the film's cheesiness. But regret? No. Well maybe for the popcorn because it made me fat and ugly.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 10:14 PM
Honestly, yes I do.