Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:09 PM Last edited by VictoriaMounier : 29th Dec 2018 at 7:21 PM. Reason: Issue is completely resolved now :-D

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Resolved
I just got a brand new computer on June 2nd. It isn't a refurbished PC and is an HP Omen Ryzen Edition specs: Windows 10 Home 64 bit; AMD Ryzen 5 3.2ghz quad core proc; 8 gigs memory, ATI RX580 4 gig video card.

My Sims 2 Ultimate Edition installs just fine and runs fine, I edited the graphics rules in both places that they appear in stuff pack 9 so that I can use the resolution I prefer rather than being stuck in 800x600. I applied the 4gb patch to the .exe so that I would be able to use all my custom content. I installed CEP and then I installed the Sims2Pack installer...and it will NOT work...like at all...I downloaded a fresh copy of it and let it check for updates. I point it to the right folder and it cannot find anything in it when there's 50gigs of stuff in it and I have it all separated into 1.5gig in each folder (to make CC installation much faster while using the utility).

I decided to just drag/drop stuff into my downloads folder and then the game wouldn't load at all...and, with no real way to determine what was causing the issue, I deleted all of the stuff in the downloads folder and it still wouldn't load. I have uninstalled the game and have reinstalled it. I want to be able to use my CC but without the Sims2Pack Installer functioning properly, how would I go about it?? Note that this is my first time ever using Windows 10 so I might need stuff detailed out to me in laymen's terms to understand what is being asked/told to me for me to try...I am still learning where everything is on my new PC so bear with me. I should probably note that my PC came with 2 hard drives and everything installs on my 2ndary HD (Labeled as Data) by default.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:28 PM
Okay - I am not sure why the Clean Installer does not work (I assume you are using this one here: http://modthesims.info/d/409950 ) - because it certainly works for me and has since both the UC and then Windows 10 came out. Of course you only need it for lots and sims, other cc you can just put in a downloads folder in your game, you may need to make one yourself.

The other thing that I found to be essential is to download a new copy of the CEP and install it. It has to be new, and if you ever have to repair or reinstall, remember that.

The game not loading at all may be due to various things, so I suggest first delete the cache files as well as the thumbnails folder and try to load it again (without cc).

I don't know what combo of disks you had before the UC, but what is important is that mods, where applicable, should be updated to work with AL and M&G.

If you had the Store Edition, it should be uninstalled completely.

Good luck
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:09 PM
The newest version should recognize the UC, but if you use the no-install version or if you have the game installed in a different way than the auto setup, you may need to fix the settings.

I had some troubles with the newest version (I don't have the UC), but changing the settings like explained on page 19 of the coments helped. There's probably something later in the comments for the UC, if you need to set the path.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Okay - I am not sure why the Clean Installer does not work (I assume you are using this one here: http://modthesims.info/d/409950 ) - because it certainly works for me and has since both the UC and then Windows 10 came out. Of course you only need it for lots and sims, other cc you can just put in a downloads folder in your game, you may need to make one yourself.

The other thing that I found to be essential is to download a new copy of the CEP and install it. It has to be new, and if you ever have to repair or reinstall, remember that.

The game not loading at all may be due to various things, so I suggest first delete the cache files as well as the thumbnails folder and try to load it again (without cc).

I don't know what combo of disks you had before the UC, but what is important is that mods, where applicable, should be updated to work with AL and M&G.

If you had the Store Edition, it should be uninstalled completely.

Good luck

I activated my retail copy of Sims 2 Base game and when Origin released the freebie UC, I snatched it up and haven't used my retail copy since that point. I always grab fresh CEP and Sims2Pack installer on a new installation of the game and let them search for updates as well, just to be sure I have the latest one. I typically use the 2pack installer for everything I install because I have found that sometimes duplicates (like over 200 PAGES of the exact same thing has happened twice even though none of the file names/downloads were similar except on one file that was a duplicate ) occasionally do appear within the game once I get into it after installing CC as it automatically detects any duplicates and if I drag/drop into the Downloads folder, sometimes it doesn't detect that on its own so I often have more issues than just that. And I have been playing Sims 2 since it first released and have lost the game and all expansions...and had to repurchase them...4 times lol. My last time purchasing I just got the base game and then they gave away all of it, including stuff packs and I felt like I wasted $45. I have never had these issues with installing CC arise before now.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:11 PM
Oh, I have all the disks, and some duplicates, but when I installed the UC, it was due to having broken (clumsy me) my base game disk I could not find a replacement where I live (South Africa) - I could find one on another continent, but the delivery cost was just not worth it. So I used UC since it became available ( then still on Windows 7).

It may work to try simmer 22's advice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:38 PM
Sims2Pack will allow me to view the sims2packs but will not allow me to install anything using the program...I can view them...it gives no option to install whatsoever anymore...guess back to installing every 2pack one by one....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 1:27 AM
This is just an update on the issues I have been having...soo after uninstall/reinstall via Origin the game will not launch anymore, like at all...I used CCleaner to remove registry files and rebooted before I reinstalled the game...and now it won't even run...I love the game but...wondering if it is even worth this headache anymore... *sighs sadly*
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 7:45 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 10th Jun 2018 at 12:53 PM.
Note that it is really not necessary to uninstall/reinstall the UC - instead of that, just do a repair in Origin. I would suggest trying that first.

Be very careful of using CCleaners - they may remove some of the .dll files that the game needs to run, (I believe this may be your problem here); you will have to know exactly what to do if you want to use any registry cleaner. A driver may also have been dropped - for that you just need to restart the pc, Windows 10 should put it back.

A repair, at any time, will keep your downloads in order and will not have any influence in your hood or your game.
You may have to some things again after a repair, though (but that will be for a reinstall too) : I have to redo the graphic rules, the camera mod, the CEP and the 4GB patch myself when I do a repair.

I believe the trouble is worth it, because the UC really runs well and if you want to play the game, you will need to find out how to make it work
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VictoriaMounier
Sims2Pack will allow me to view the sims2packs but will not allow me to install anything using the program...I can view them...it gives no option to install whatsoever anymore...guess back to installing every 2pack one by one....

Like I said above, the paths in the program are probably wrong (I had a similar problem, but with a regular CD version of the game). You need to compare the actual paths for your game vs the paths in the sims2pack "S2PCI" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sims2Pack Clean Installer (or wherever you installed the CleanInstaller).

Comment #19, here: http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost
but use the path for your game (it's probably different for the UC). Easiest way is to open the "The Sims 2" folder found in Documents, click once in the path line so it turns blue and shows the whole path, and ctrl+C to copy it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:25 AM
I eventually figured it out...please delete this thread...not sure how to do so...or close it...sorry for so long since I replied...life got busy :-)
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:36 AM
@VictoriaMounier Just edit your first post and change the subject to Solved.