Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 1:56 AM
Default I think I just might have the largest downloads folder ever!
I started playing sims with, of course, The Sims (2000) and then started playing Sims 2. I've been playing 2 since it came out in 2004 and I've been collecting CC for that long, too. At this point my Downloads folder has 325 Gigabytes (775,910 files) in 5,614 folders. Does anyone else have a downloads folder as big or close to as big as that? (And, yes, I have a super-fast high-performance computer but it still takes about twenty minutes for my game to load. LOL!)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 4:18 AM
Why do you need so much stuff? Are you a stuff monkey?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 12:59 PM
Weird flex, but ok.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 6:36 PM
You must have a lot of now unobtainable files and other cool stuff :P
Most I've seen is someone having around 50gb and claiming it took about 1-2 hours to start up the game.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:43 AM
What sorcery is this?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 11:09 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Dec 2018 at 10:42 PM.
I've had around 35 GB but with my setup (that computer was too powerful in today's standard) it took me an hour or so to start up, and I occasionally got the pink-flashing issue, sometimes also a bit of lag.

Makes me wonder which kind of setup you have on your computer (because I'd like to copy it for my next computer...)

Also... 20 min loading with 300+ GB of CC??? Is that even possible???
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edinfresno
I started playing sims with, of course, The Sims (2000) and then started playing Sims 2. I've been playing 2 since it came out in 2004 and I've been collecting CC for that long, too. At this point my Downloads folder has 325 Gigabytes (775,910 files) in 5,614 folders. Does anyone else have a downloads folder as big or close to as big as that? (And, yes, I have a super-fast high-performance computer but it still takes about twenty minutes for my game to load. LOL!)

325? That's insane. What do you have on there?
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 6:42 PM
i also have many cc's 9 of the 10 times it's the hairs, although the game keeps loading on the newest hair even though i checked them out earlier

it's not just that, when i use the cheat Deleteallcharacters it take a while to delete ALL of the sims even though there's less people on my own created city
the loading part when the sims starts up, it takes me 15 minutes or something when it goes do something

i want to download ALL of the hairs on this website, paysites (must be destroyed) TSR and other websites because in reality everyone is unique and has their own hairstyle
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:30 PM
...How is all of that currently in your game? Would you mind posting your computer specs? My game throws me the pink texture bug after about 30 gigs. Still runs smooth, loads in about 3 minutes, but I genuinely didn't know the engine could handle that much. How do you navigate your catalog in the game? I'm in awe. You're a CC legend.