Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 9:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trouble Deleting Flashing Blue Fridge ; as it's the same one as the in-game fridge.
When it's connected to a refrigerator in the game ?
It's the "Econo Cool" fridge, and I deleted my 'Silent Hill' fridge ( it's from Cradle of Darkness -- looks the same so I assume it was made with this fridge as a mesh) and the flashing blue one is still in the bin, right beside the in game ones.
Can't delete the flashy blue one as the other fridges come with the game.

Is there a program to identify and delete this blue flashing fridge from my downloads folder ?
It's not showing up in the Downloads folder. Unless it's one of those long random number/letter sequences.

I typed the "Boolprop testing cheats enabled true" while playing the game, and went to a lot and clicked on this Econo Fridge and tried to delete the flashy blue one.
Nada.
But with the cheat on ... it (flashy blue fridge) displayed a list of numbers, starting with # 0x7 ....and so on.

So I exited the game and went into the downloads folder and tried to find those numbers. None of them started with a # or a 0x7....

Would Sim PE do it ?
I haven't DL'd Sim PE up until now as I'm not into creating.

But would this program ID the offending "blue flasher" in my sims 2 Downloads , in the pc's My Doc. folder ? Then I can delete it without starting the game.

I had the "Silent Hill" fridge in my game ages ago... and the flashing blue Econo Fridge didn't show up before.
So I don't think it's a mesh for the SH fridge.
Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:38 PM
If the fridge is trying to use the same GUID as the original fridge, the best thing you can do is to do a 50/50 search to find the problem item.

How did you delete the item from your game? If you deleted from ingame, this can sometimes cause problems if there are GUID conflicts or if the item is an improperly made or accidental default replacement file. It's always safest to delete items from your Downloads folder, because you're less likely to delete or break something you weren't supposed to.

Flashing blue usually means it's a slaved mesh, or a mesh with broken texture resources.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:47 PM
I deleted it ("Silent hill" fridge that looks like it was made from the "Econo Cool"fridge) from the downloads folder, while not running the game.
I may do the 50/50 (remove half the downloads and see if it goes away --- is that what you meant ?? ) as I don't know how much polys this flashing blue fridge is using up in my game.
I always do frequent backups of CC as I don't want to lose anything.
Crazy how much I've got backed up.

" Inama Nushif "