Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 6:48 PM
Default Still Being Creeped On
This dude who calls himself Jason Lowe (dunno if it's his real name or not but he always posts that name in public) has been contacting me every so often for about half a year now. He's the same creepo who was harassing my friend - he even acquired her personal contact information like her home phone# and used it to creep on her more.

He will burn his deviantart account every time I tell him to leave me the hecc alone and then later on make a new one and contact me again. And the thing is, he keeps on apologizing and saying that I don't need to forgive him. Now I forgive him, sure, but I don't need to let him be part of my life, and well, he seems to be trying to guilt me into doing just that. Not gonna happen.

If he keeps on doing this, I'm gonna report him. Ever have a stalker like that?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 6:49 PM
my ex husband and his wife

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 8:01 PM
Good thing I don't use my real last name online. My friend did and he searched out her phone number. Creeeeeeepy.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:09 PM
Ugh yes, had an ex boyfriend who stalked me for a while.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ugh yes, had an ex boyfriend who stalked me for a while.

*hug* What made him finally stop? Stalkers can be so obsessive... I mean I used to be an online stalker myself, and dealing with crap like this is making me realize how I made people feel fifteen years ago, back when I was a creepo.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
*hug* What made him finally stop?

I killed him and buried the body.

But really, I think he lost interest after a few months when I failed to react.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 11:07 PM
I see. I reacted rather... angrily. I told him several times in quite a few angry posts that I wanted him to go away and stay away from me. He just keeps on coming back to grovel and apologize. Guh... I hate it, and now I know why someone I tried apologizing to back in late 2003 never replied.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 11:37 PM
Report him, and stop answering (ignore) him. If he's not thrown off the site by the moderators, eventually he'll probably go away when he realizes you're no longer interested in answering him.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Report him, and stop answering (ignore) him. If he's not thrown off the site by the moderators, eventually he'll probably go away when he realizes you're no longer interested in answering him.

Thanks. Um... will the admins on deviantart ban the dude if he keeps burning his accounts and making new ones to contact me? I mean I figured that if I was mean enough, he'd get it through his head and leave me alone. Buuuuuuh...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:08 AM
Oh I will talk to the admins if he keeps on doing what he's doing. Next time he shows up, I'm gonna just straight up block the dummy.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:11 PM
My stalking happened before the internet and before stalking laws came into effect. It was really bad. I changed my phone number and moved multiple times. Finally, I changed jobs, moved one more time, changed my phone number and unlisted it, got a new car, and dropped out of sight. My town was big enough that I could hide in it. But, I had to quit going to church, and no longer contact ANY of my former friends. I disappeared. I changed everything about my habits and my life.

He took me to court, of course. That was his hobby. But, I had gotten into the habit of having my parents make the visitation exchange with my child and they told the judge my ex could always contact me through them.

I ended up hiding for 30 years before I finally moved out of the area.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 10:37 PM
Yikes! I was stalked online by some people back in like 2004, with one of them saying that I apparently was under the delusion that he was my enemy made me "Super-awesome - WOW" or something like that. I eventually faded away on livejournal and came back as dacapo. Had to abandon a fandom that I loved and avoid making any references to any characters or stories I had written as my previous persona.

Fun fact is I used to also be a creepy stalker - the kind who just didn't understand that what she was doing was freaking people out. Maybe I deserved the livejournal call-outs, deviantart shadowing, and raids from 4chan. Yup. I got raided. By then, I went kinda heehee-loopy due to some embarrassing info about myself getting leaked and started running amok on deviantart, telling others to lighten up.

Then years after that big nasty incident where stuff I confided to some people I thought were friends got leaked, I get harassed by this guy. When I tell the dude that the emails that he was sending to my friend were NOT emails that normal people would send, he was like "Looks like I'm gonna have to kill her."

Not joking. He also sent her this creepy voicemail last year I think saying "If this is [Name Redacted]... Don't F*** with me."

He eventually nuked his account, then made a new one to contact me and my friend. He apologized and stuff, but oh wow it sounded like he was trying to get us to feel sorry for him. I know because I used to do that. Now I know how it feels. Told him off for it, told him that he was creeping me out, and of course he made a couple videos where in one he was telling me off and in another he was supposedly apologizing but really he was just making excuses and sounding a lot like the dude who was stalking Tress MacNeille back in the days. I told him off, he deleted the videos, and he nuked his accounts I think on deviantart and YouTube.

Now he periodically comes back with a new account and either notes me or messages me in some other way to grovel and whine an apology, and while I feel sorry for the dude, I just don't want him contacting me, and I will get cross with him and make a journal entry warning my watchers. Then he nukes his account again - he also nuked his account after my friend blocked him, and he just keeps on trying to get my sympathy and get me to want to be his friend.

Still, this is a good lesson from a different perspective, and it taught me a lot about empathy - and made me realize that I was a jerk back in the days and not completely innocent.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:09 PM
Nope my friend did though. It was honestly sad. He followed her everywhere, writing love letters and we ended up confronting him.

He's a budding serial killer.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purplestuddedcoffin
Nope my friend did though. It was honestly sad. He followed her everywhere, writing love letters and we ended up confronting him.

He's a budding serial killer.

Yikes... I think the guy who has been stalking me and my friend might be a budding rapist or serial killer.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 9:37 PM Last edited by purplestuddedcoffin : 15th Jan 2019 at 9:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Yikes... I think the guy who has been stalking me and my friend might be a budding rapist or serial killer.

Probably. I mean. If someone has it in them to invade someone's boundaries like that it's only natural progression to eventually take it a step further, eventually.

To be honest, the fact someone was forcing me to watch American Crime Story while her stalker saga unfolded yet again this year, and that the guy looked like an extremely unattractive version of Darren Kriss probably contributed to my theory about his future erm career

Also. I just looked up that name out of curiosity. Jason Lowe was at the center of a rather publicized case where he murdered his girlfriend. Maybe you've got a Tumblr true crime fanboy on your hands here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 4:08 AM
Yipes. Might be a different Jason Lowe. He's still free and able to meet the likes of Todd Haberkorn and Johnny Yong Bosch after all.