Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 11:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "*Interactions: Object Menu" and Headmaster?
I tried to solve this on my own, but I'm really confused and I need outside help.

I read somewhere to change my C:/Program Files Sims 2 folders to read-only (I have Ultimate Collection, if that's important), so I think it may have something to do with that.

What happens is I try to invite the headmaster over, and everything goes fine until after dinner, the children now have only one interaction available with the headmaster: "Interactions: Object Menu".

At first I thought that this was because I had boolProp testingcheatsenabled on, so I exited out without saving and tried the scenario again without cheats. Still, it appeared.

This family has a nanny, and the interaction does not show up with her, nor does it show up with anyone but the children. What I'm wondering is there something wrong? Will this corrupt my game? Does anyone know anything about this?

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:42 AM
Hi,
first you should go through the game help steps, in order to eliminate all the usual suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Hi,
first you should go through the game help steps, in order to eliminate all the usual suspects

I've done everything to deleting my cache files, and the problem is still there (on a side note, I now have a new problem with a different neighborhood: some wants are just blue boxes, ugh).

I don't know if the headmaster thing is that big of an issue to the point I need to reinstall, but it's still annoying.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 9:05 PM
So this happens every time the Headmaster comes, and even with a dummy newly generated The Sims 2 folder, without Downloads, in a brand new neighbourhood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:13 AM
So this happens every time the Headmaster comes, and even with a dummy newly generated The Sims 2 folder, without Downloads, in a brand new neighbourhood?

Yes, exactly, even in a completely new neighborhood and folder without downloads.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 9:23 AM
Oh, then I guess that would be a case in which you need to reinstall, only I don' have the Ultimate Collection, I don't know if it can be related, or how that "Repair" option on Origin works.
I'm sorry I couldn't help, all I can say is many of us play in debug mode all the time (the boolprop cheat on) and it doesn't cause that.
Also, rather than making the whole Sims 2 folder read-only, the usual recommendation is to make all of the objects.package read-only.

(Just to be sure, you say the children don't have any other option in the menu, is it the same for the parents?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 3:17 PM
Oh, then I guess that would be a case in which you need to reinstall, only I don' have the Ultimate Collection, I don't know if it can be related, or how that "Repair" option on Origin works.
I'm sorry I couldn't help, all I can say is many of us play in debug mode all the time (the boolprop cheat on) and it doesn't cause that.
Also, rather than making the whole Sims 2 folder read-only, the usual recommendation is to make all of the objects.package read-only.

(Just to be sure, you say the children don't have any other option in the menu, is it the same for the parents?)

The parents are fine; the children are the only ones with that option.

And thank you for helping, I'll try to reinstall sometime.