Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 9:44 PM
It's not fun anymore (the sims games), in need of some opinions (?)
( Apoligizing beforehand for the incredibly long text )

I stopped playing the sims (any game from that franchise) for a while because it just didn't seem fun to me anymore and it used to be one of my favorite games to play to just forget about the bad things in life I guess xD. But I'm not sure if I've outgrown it.

I was playing the sims 4 for a while and it bored me to a level I didn't even expect until I modded it, and then it still bored me after playing for some time.
I still have the sims 2 and the sims 3 (with expansions) on my old PCs, so my "question" is:

- For the people that have played TS2, TS3 and TS4, which would you say is the most fun/enjoyable game out of the three and which one is worth revisiting the most? -

I loved the sims 2 when I first started playing it, the sims seemed much more "alive" and a lot funnier and the gameplay was a lot of fun than in TS1 and TS4 for me.

The sims 3 gave us, the players, create-a-style which I loved because I could finally make my sims look almost exactly like I wanted them to even though they all kind of had the same face no matter how much I played around with the sliders (the sims), for me this game was the most fun I ever had playing the sims, I remeber playing with just the base game and having SO MUCH to do and having a lot of fun with how random the sims in that game were and how they got stuck (the weird glitches in TS3 made me laugh so hard sometimes).

The Sims 4 to me is kind of boring, but the create-a-sim is the best in all of the games, I love how flexible it is and building has become a lot better as well, BUT that's pretty much it, aside from the fact that I LOVE how my sims look, I get pretty bored after playing TS4 for a while because there really isn't a lot do I guess.

So what do you say? Which game should I take another look at again?

(sorry if I posted this in the wrong place by the way - feel free to move this to "Derpy McWTF" if I've done that I guess xD)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 9:49 PM
definitely sims 2,many reasons make it the best game and it even had emotions so i don't get why sims 4 bragged about that.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
definitely sims 2,many reasons make it the best game and it even had emotions so i don't get why sims 4 bragged about that.

Could you tell me some of your reasons as to why? I haven't played TS2 in ages so I mind need a refresher or just a diferent opinion than my own.
(sorry if it feels like I'm interrogating you btw)
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
well:
-the premades have proper backstories family trees meaning they are more realistic.
-the cc is for the most part is safer to download as in ts3 and ts4 they mostly add ad.fly or something to their links.
-the content in expansion and stuff packs is decent and worth paying (if you have the UC you don't need to worry about price)
-having the right mods means you can play for hours without getting bored.
-you can create custom hoods

there is way more stuff with a few cons but i need to go offline now.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:32 AM
I agree! I had sims 3 base game for several times and there were so much fun to do! I got the Barnacle Bay disk and I could register my game to get the Barnacle Bay world, but it didn't work out._. I just don't know why.... However I had many fun with just the base game, I made stupid stuff and was obsessed with ghosts. :o
I think sims 2 is not good enough without expansion packs. I think Seasons is a must.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:22 PM
It's a battle between The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 for me. I think The Sims 2 is the most fully-realised version of the game, while The Sims 3 introduced a lot of features I miss going back to The Sims 2 and when playing The Sims 4 like the open world and Create-A-Style.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM
Ever tried The Sims Mobile? Whenever I crave to play and I'm not at my computer that's my go to for my fix lol.