Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mod lagging problem
Hey can someone help me with the Larger Households -- up to 50 family members *UPD 04oct2008* mod because I really wanna keep it but when I play with this mod it lags, so I’m just hoping someone who had dealt with this like me can help so I can get back to playing with this mod without that problem anymore, I really just wanna play my favorite game thank you in advance! : )
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:13 AM
Do you want to provide a link - some people won't recognise what you're talking about.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Do you want to provide a link - some people won't recognise what you're talking about.

here's the link http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:01 AM
I suspect that the lagging is simply that your computer can't handle the extra sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:13 AM
Does it lags when your household reach 50 sims? Or does it just lags because that mod is in your game? Like Charity said...your computer might just not be able to handle that many sims in one place.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:15 AM
How many sims do you have on the lot? The mod itself should not cause lag, but if you have tons of sims on your lot's, the sims will lag the lot. That isn't the fault of the mod but the fault of too many sims. If you have 50 sims you are lucky it doesn't crash let alone lag.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How many sims do you have on the lot? The mod itself should not cause lag, but if you have tons of sims on your lot's, the sims will lag the lot. That isn't the fault of the mod but the fault of too many sims. If you have 50 sims you are lucky it doesn't crash let alone lag.

yea one household has a lot of sims in that house i was just hoping that i could try and fix that so it wouldnt lag but thats not gonna help so thanks guys im still new with the mods and cc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th May 2018 at 4:08 AM
How many sims or how large a lot you can use without lag is on your computer. Fences and 'real' plants (not plastic ones) can cause lag as will high poly content, so you could try taking those out. There is some jewellery around with 20 thousand polys. Also check settings, higher settings will also require more of your computer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How many sims or how large a lot you can use without lag is on your computer. Fences and 'real' plants (not plastic ones) can cause lag as will high poly content, so you could try taking those out. There is some jewellery around with 20 thousand polys. Also check settings, higher settings will also require more of your computer.
now how do I do those things? is there a youtube tutorial or something?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:27 AM
Well if there is a lot of fences and plants delete them off the lot. Plants that need trimming that is, like I said you cans wap for plastic flowers and hedge. Same with high poly hair or jewellery, take it off, switch to something lower poly.
Check your game settings, try lowering some of them if they are high. Not sure what kind of tutorial you are after. If you mean to check poly counts, the download should hopefully say, but very curly hair, long wavy hair, detailed jewellery you can pretty much guarantee it will all be high poly. The more curves an item has the more detailed it looks is a good rule of thumb for higher polys. How many sims are on this lot and how large is the lot? Try using smaller lots or less sims.

~Call me Jo~