Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 4:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Some CC not showing up
Heyoo, everyone. It's me. Again. Back woty a fresh new hell of a problem.

So I got a new PC, and to avoid the headache of crashes and glitches of porting over my CC library dating back between now and 2004, I decided to start afresh. And for a while it went well.

Custom hood objects, wall textures and floors show up, but my CC objects, regardless of category, do not. I've tried just about everything. I checked to see if I was missing meshes. I gave the game admin permission. I even double checked my "enable CC" option. Nothing. Any ideas on what's the issue today?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 11:51 PM
Did you restart the game after enabling CC because you need to do that for it to work. If yes then try to take out your Downloads folder (cut+paste it to desktop or elsewhere to keep the files save), run bodyshop (you can close it after it has started up) and that should make the game generate its own Downloads folder. Paste the files in the newly created Downloads folder, delete cache files (=groups.cache, accessory.cache and cigen if you have them) just in case and then open the game again to try if that solves it. Sometimes for some reason the game doesn't see the Downloads folder if you create one yourself but so far that has always fixed it for me when I had the problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Did you restart the game after enabling CC because you need to do that for it to work. If yes then try to take out your Downloads folder (cut+paste it to desktop or elsewhere to keep the files save), run bodyshop (you can close it after it has started up) and that should make the game generate its own Downloads folder. Paste the files in the newly created Downloads folder, delete cache files (=groups.cache, accessory.cache and cigen if you have them) just in case and then open the game again to try if that solves it. Sometimes for some reason the game doesn't see the Downloads folder if you create one yourself but so far that has always fixed it for me when I had the problem.

I restarted the game, yeah. Nothing. I'll try rebooting my. Pc when I get home, we'll see what happens. More at 11.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic

Hey, Fox. Thanks for your help. I solved the problem.

I'm an absolute DIP. I popped up the dialogue box in options that simulates the "custom content detected" box on startup. while I had content enabled in the options, this dialogue box overwrote it because "Disable" was checked on THAT box.

Thanks again--back to breaking my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 5:42 AM
You can safely turn off the warning popup. All that does is slow your loading time. You will find that setting under the cog wheels. One area under the cog wheels allows you to turn it off and on in game, which can be handy when you are looking for some elusive maxis content like the sprinkler. The other one lets you turn the warning pop up off or on. This area is not to be confused with turning CC off on the warning pop up which legitimately turns it off completely. So 3 settings.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can safely turn off the warning popup. All that does is slow your loading time. You will find that setting under the cog wheels. One area under the cog wheels allows you to turn it off and on in game, which can be handy when you are looking for some elusive maxis content like the sprinkler. The other one lets you turn the warning pop up off or on. This area is not to be confused with turning CC off on the warning pop up which legitimately turns it off completely. So 3 settings.

That's just it--I did, but I never checked its "enable" box. For some reason, it superceded the authority of the same enabker in the options menu.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:22 AM
Glad you got it solved!