Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:49 AM
I just tried converting a child's dress over for boys, and it ended up working. =] I just had to clone a top for the boys instead of a full body, otherwise parts of the legs go missing and the wrist and neck overlap. Just letting you guys know that gender conversions work for clothes as well! (As least for kids)

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:27 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM.
Fixed my original long hair conversion to work in-game. I took a bit because I had to redo all the swatches and got lazy. :o
It still has a few shader issues from the import into MS3d, they are not that bad, as I said, but I sort of wish I knew how to fix them. :3
Thanks so much CmarNYC for the updated tools! So very appreciated!

Anyways here is the new download.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#53 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:16 AM
Lunar Eclipse, please do not attach downloads here -- uploads are working now, so please upload them as normal if you want to share (Create Menu, bottom right). Let us know in Site Issues in case you still encounter problems (I'm not a queue mod but I know there were some issues with other types of uploads ironed out yesterday -- haven't heard of any issues with CAS Part uploads though).

Downloads in this forum are are for testing / technical help ONLY. If you want feedback on a sorta-finished product that you're not comfortable publishing yet, please use Creator Feedback.

The one download for the Demo in this thread I haven't removed, since it's clearly labeled as demo (so, not a regular download) -- but if you want to keep that available, please PM me and we can move it to the demo downloads thread in Discussion, I believe more people will see it there.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Lunar Eclipse, please do not attach downloads here -- uploads are working now, so please upload them as normal if you want to share (Create Menu, bottom right). Let us know in Site Issues in case you still encounter problems (I'm not a queue mod but I know there were some issues with other types of uploads ironed out yesterday -- haven't heard of any issues with CAS Part uploads though).

Downloads in this forum are are for testing / technical help ONLY. If you want feedback on a sorta-finished product that you're not comfortable publishing yet, please use Creator Feedback.

The one download for the Demo in this thread I haven't removed, since it's clearly labeled as demo (so, not a regular download) -- but if you want to keep that available, please PM me and we can move it to the demo downloads thread in Discussion, I believe more people will see it there.

Oh okay, sorry about that, I was sort of unsure where to put the download, as I was not 100% on publishing it. I THINK they are fine, so I won't drop anymore downloads here anymore! Sorry for the trouble. :o
You can remove the downloads in this thread if you want, as the original posts don't work in-game and I've fixed them, so I no longer need feedback on that issue. Ppl don't need to download those files for testing anymore.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunar Eclipse
Oh okay, sorry about that, I was sort of unsure where to put the download, as I was not 100% on publishing it. I THINK they are fine, so I won't drop anymore downloads here anymore! Sorry for the trouble. :o
You can remove the downloads in this thread if you want, as the original posts don't work in-game and I've fixed them, so I no longer need feedback on that issue. Ppl don't need to download those files for testing anymore.

let me know if you are going to publish it and other male hair styles because i went to your first post on here and it only links me to your post which HAD the link but is now gone..... i wanna grab it, i didnt see it in downloads either or maybe im just looking in the wrong place?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#56 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunar Eclipse
I was sort of unsure where to put the download, as I was not 100% on publishing it.

You can use Creator feedback in that case! http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698

Just be specific about what you want people to test or give feedback on, and don't leave it there forever .. once you're happy with it, it's best to make it a regular download as those are much more visible to site visitors than a thread buried somewhere deep down in Create.

Thanks! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
#57 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxyScorpion
Oh boy, looks like I need to get more used to s4pe and modding in general. I'm just no good at these kinds of thing.

Did this happen when trying to convert a hat? I had the same issue. I'd be grateful to find out what went wrong.

Thanks, JD.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#58 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:36 PM
For the record, you can convert clothes, too.

Although you'll have to do some mesh-editing to line up the joints. I was attempting to make a kilt. Here's what it looks like with no modification to the texture or mesh:

You can see the waist on the skirt is too small (causing the texture to appear on the body where it pokes through), and the feet don't quite line up.

But with a few tweaks to the mesh (as well as a new texture and a beefier model):

Boom. Gender conversion clothes. I'll be uploading this when it's done, and writing a tutorial for those interested.
Instructor
#59 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Kilt? YES! Tutorial? YES!

I've yet to do a conversion with any success. I'd be grateful for a tut.

JD
Forum Resident
#60 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:06 PM
So after a bit of playing around I actually managed to get the short gloves available for males:
I'm actually surprised that the mesh is so flexible, you could say it fits the male Sim hands like a glove (sorry) There aren't even any glitches when the Sim moves his fingers, everything stays perfectly in shape!

Problem is only I had to use a clone of socks to create this (the wrist accessories didn't work because they had 4 GEOMs each, while the gloves only have one) so the thumbnail just shows two naked feet. Is there a way to replace the thumbnail and actually get the game to sort the gloves under the gloves category?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:25 AM
would love to see a tutorial !
Forum Resident
#62 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:13 PM
Okay, now I have a problem with hairs. I tried to make the braids available for men to give black men more options, but the game keeps crashing when I try to select the style?

Anybody an idea what causes this? Help would be very appreciated.

Scholar
#63 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Okay, now I have a problem with hairs. I tried to make the braids available for men to give black men more options, but the game keeps crashing when I try to select the style?

Anybody an idea what causes this? Help would be very appreciated.

In case you were wondering, Astraea Nevermore has a tutorial AND a download of the female braided hair converted to male - http://astraea-never.livejournal.com/3635.html (the download is at the end of the tutorial)...I'm assuming this is the one you mean; I don't think there's another braided hairstyle in the game, lol... I have Astraea's download in my game, and it works perfectly ... my only issue is, the townies wear all the CC in my game, as well as certain hairs I don't want them to have. Wonder if there's any way of untagging CC so townies won't wear it?

Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
For the record, you can convert clothes, too.
Boom. Gender conversion clothes. I'll be uploading this when it's done, and writing a tutorial for those interested.

Can't wait for that tutorial - most definitely want to gender convert some clothing items for my male Sims; looking forward to it

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#64 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
In case you were wondering, Astraea Nevermore has a tutorial AND a download of the female braided hair converted to male - http://astraea-never.livejournal.com/3635.html (the download is at the end of the tutorial)...I'm assuming this is the one you mean; I don't think there's another braided hairstyle in the game, lol... I have Astraea's download in my game, and it works perfectly ... my only issue is, the townies wear all the CC in my game, as well as certain hairs I don't want them to have. Wonder if there's any way of untagging CC so townies won't wear it?

Can't wait for that tutorial - most definitely want to gender convert some clothing items for my male Sims; looking forward to it

Thanks for the effort, but it keeps crashing :-( Anybody know why that could be? The gloves I made don't crash the game, even though they have colour options and everything, so why the hair?

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#65 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
There's a thread here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534519 for crash testing. Maybe you have a few minutes for testing?

Instructor
#66 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
So after a bit of playing around I actually managed to get the short gloves available for males:
I'm actually surprised that the mesh is so flexible, you could say it fits the male Sim hands like a glove (sorry) There aren't even any glitches when the Sim moves his fingers, everything stays perfectly in shape!

Problem is only I had to use a clone of socks to create this (the wrist accessories didn't work because they had 4 GEOMs each, while the gloves only have one) so the thumbnail just shows two naked feet. Is there a way to replace the thumbnail and actually get the game to sort the gloves under the gloves category?

Just wanted to say thanks for explaining about the socks and gloves package. I have been trying to fix the problem with the feet for the majority of the day with little success. But, I have uploaded the pair of gloves that I was working on anyway as I know there were a few people who wanted them.

JD
Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:31 AM
That kilt looks great so far. Could definitely use a bit more length though.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:02 AM
What about xgen conversions? Female child has some good hairstyles.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:39 PM Last edited by missgothika : 16th Sep 2014 at 2:55 PM.
hi! i'm trying to convert some male shoes to female.. and i think i'm doing it wrong. i just chose similar ones from each gender. saved the files from male version and deleted the females and imported the male ones. the final item appears as a red and white pattern with no shoes. what am i doing wrong? does this not work for item as in hairs? could someone give me a hand?

Edit: instead of deleting and adding the male version. i replaced each file with its corresponding one from the other version. now the skin (with read / white pattern) is fixed.. but where the shoes would be remains empty..

If i have to do the change in blender.. and resize it.. i have this problem that the ankles are in another light in game.. the seams are visible.. how do i fix that?, and the morphs are done like sims 3? there's no tutorial for what i'm trying to do yet right?
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM
Guys, how are you doing all these things? I wanted to try out my recently acquired Blender skills and make some custom hair for Sims 4, but I couldn't find any resources on how to approach that at all. Can I ask for some links to information and resources?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:24 AM
bloodredtoe: Check out Sims 4 Studio. =o Don't have too much to offer beyond that.

Maclimes: The kilt looks awesome! But I'm very curious... how did you fix the separated ankle/foot issue? Because that's what I keep running into. =/

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Test Subject
#72 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zovesta
bloodredtoe: Check out Sims 4 Studio. =o Don't have too much to offer beyond that.

That does help, thank you! Looks like there are some tutorials on the way too.

I have a very nagging question to those who managed to get to the mesh editing part - is it possible to edit UV maps? In my brief research of doing this for Sims 3 I vaguely remember people advising against using extrusion due to inability to correct mapping afterwards. Can someone tell me whether that's the case here?
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM Last edited by kiraianca : 24th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Help?

Edit: I can't figure what's wrong with it. It displays correctly in the Sims4Studio.
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:30 PM
whenever i convert a female top to male i get this neck problem
http://i.imgur.com/hAtBJG6.png?1
i tried sliding the neck wider but it doesn't help
Page 3 of 3