Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't export textures from sims 2 body shop?
Alright, I just started playing Sims 2, Ulimate addition, you know the one that origin gave away. Well, Body shop just does NOT want to work, Yes, it'll come on, and I can look through the clothing and what not, but when I try to export it so I can modify it, it gives me the message "There was a problem exporting the selected textures" It absolutely refuses to let me export it.(This happens with everything, it doesnt matter if its clothing or hair)

I've been on ea help, an well. they're clueless and completely unhelpful.
To go into detail, I haven't played the sims 2 yet, because I wanted to make my own custom things before. I haven't installed any custom content either so its not anything glitching.
I've also tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling the entire sims 2 game, nothing worked.
PLEASE i beg of you guys for help!
Thanks!

http://sta.sh/08k9265riaz
(Picture pertaining to question!)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:14 PM
Is the Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Projects folder there? Is it set to read-only (it shouldn't be), and are you listed as the owner in the Permissions tab?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Is the Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Projects folder there? Is it set to read-only (it shouldn't be), and are you listed as the owner in the Permissions tab?

I have this problem, too. I added the folders and unchecked the "read only" box for all the folders just in case and it didn't help at all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:20 AM
This usually happens if the textures Bodyshop tries to export has the wrong dimensions, if Bodyshop detects missing parts, or something else that doesn't seem right. Bodyshop is very sensitive.

In such situations SimPE can be helpful in detecting what the problem is, because it allows you to see through the contents of the file.

(@kribaker, in the future you may want to make your own help topic instead of posting in old ones. Reviving dead topics is usually frowned upon in most forums unless you have something new to add)