Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Can I stop outfits from wiping when aging from teen to adult?
Hello,

I aged up my sims' teen daughter last night, and it scrambled her outfits. I was under the impression that having Dresser configured for 'Reroll outfits on age up - False' would prevent this, but apparently not, or I needed to toggle it or something. I still have the save file from before I aged her up. Is there some way (or mod) to either keep her teen outfits or, failing that, copy her teen outfits and paste them into her adult outfits? I recreated one already, but some of the others are proving more time-consuming due to Create-a-style replication.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:27 PM
Sims don't age up directly from Teen to Adult. I know it sounds pedantic but there is an age stage in between there that is specifically called Young Adult (YA), not Adult.

The reason that sims seem to pick up all new outfits upon aging up from Teen to YA is that teen outfits won't fit them. Teen and YA sims are a different height and shape. There are some outfits that it seems should translate over with a YA version that might look similar, but they are really different outfits (usually). Whether a Teen with a particular pair of pants, for example, picks up the YA version of that pair of pants if it exists depends on how the clothing parts were designed and frankly whatever the game feels like doing at the time.

Dresser's settings to not re-roll don't preserve Teen outfits on older sims, they potentially stop the invalid parts checks on the next age stage (I think) and potentially stop any of this from happening when sims age up from YA to Adult. That one is different because YAs and Adults have the same body shapes and can thus wear the same clothes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 2:34 AM
Oh, I did mean from teen to young adult, my bad. I see, thanks for your detailed answer. It seems I'll just have to replicate the outfits from screenshots or something, thanks!