Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 10:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default A one time paparazzi now "Moved In" to active household's needs are static
My Sim was forced into this relationship because she was lonely and they fit. She asked. He moved in and now his needs remain static (the only one that goes down, albeit slowly, is social) and any romantic interaction only comes up as "Take Romantic Photo" or whatever.

I've reset the sim.
I've used Testing Cheats- the bars won't even slide manually.
I've reset the needs with NRaas.

Is there any way to reactivate this Sim so he's actually mortal and the two of them can actually be made to further their relationship? Thanks.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:59 AM Last edited by ejnarts1 : 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:21 AM.
Yup. That worked. Thanks.

Nope. No it didn't actually. He was still acting paparazzi-ish. You can take the Sim away from the paparazzi, but you can't take the paparazzi out of the Sim.

So, I cloned him in CAS, killed him off in the clipboard and then recreated him and gave him all the old skills, relationships and what not with NRaas. And he doesn't remember a thing.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 11:07 AM
The paparazzi role needs to be removed from the sim to turn them into a regular NPC, it's one of those roles that don't get dropped when you invite an NPC to "move in".

One of my sims married and had two kids with Anne Song in Sunset Valley while she was a paparazzi, first day in that save was the only time she ate, slept, bathed or used the toilet, noon on the second day and her needs were maxed and locked by the role.

And Yes she was out chasing Celebs while pregnant.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:52 PM
I was wondering how you got that to work without removing the role from the sim. And yes, that would be NRaas Register.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I was wondering how you got that to work without removing the role from the sim. And yes, that would be NRaas Register.

What exactly is the path to do that? That would be nice to know for next time instead of the whole clone, kill, create thing I did. Thanks. And thanks to everyone else as well... appreciated.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ejnarts1
What exactly is the path to do that? That would be nice to know for next time instead of the whole clone, kill, create thing I did. Thanks. And thanks to everyone else as well... appreciated.

The Paparazzi are Global Role Sims, meaning a special kind that have no role giving object associated with them like a cash register or LN bar. So the procedure for these is a bit special.

On City Hall,
NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Remove by Sim
OR
NRaas > Register > Global Roles > Remove Paparazzi > (select sim)
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 5:03 PM
Thank you