Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Finding the name of custom content?
How do I find the name of e.g. a hair so that I can bin it? I tried searching for the name that was in the description, in my downloads folder and on google, but no luck.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:07 PM
Make a sim in bodyshop with the hair, export it and then install the sim, or rather just their hair, with Clean Installer (you can set it to install for example on your desktop so you won't get duplicates in your downloads), that way you can see what the file is called. I'd imagine that's the easiest way.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:12 PM
Thank you, I wish there were a more convenient way :P
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:42 PM
You can run any Bodyshop files through the tooltip tool here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239
It adds the filename to the tooltip instead of any other non-descriptive tooltip. Makes it much easier to find stuff.

It fixes tooltips for Bodyshop content (won't touch buy/build items, and skips meshes), and there's a tickbox for changing existing tooltips (leave it unticked if you just want to add tooltips to items missing them).

I sometimes use it as a "lazy tooltip" tool when creating CAS content, when I have a ton of files and can't be bothered to copy/paste. I always add the filename to the tooltip, because it's a whole lot easier to search for files if you have the entire filename available.

I also used it back when I organized a bunch of old CAS content from my Downloads folder. Lots of junk there, and with pretty much no other way of knowing what was what.

The only things I don't like is that you can't do it opposite (rename the file after the tooltip), and it always adds ".package" to the tooltip. But since I normally edit the files anyway, it's easier to remove the ".package" text than copy/pasta every single name.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:16 PM
That's awesome, thank you so much!