Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 3:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mirror/Skintone Bug?
i need help! when i change hair in sims 2 my sims face and skintone randomly change! pressing accept wont change skintone, but it will change face. what do i do? i did it after i removed some cc tho, but it was fine for my other families so idk? what i mean is i changed their hair fine. help me! coincidentally, this is for my drag queen. is the game secretly bigoted? LMFAO
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 10:43 PM
Make a backup, remove your download folder to desktop (except for NPC creating mods, no simloaded +smarter EP check) Does it work with CC pulled? If so it's a cc issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:37 AM
that doesn't work, putting in only my bug fixing annyoance fixing mods still causes the problem.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:01 AM
Any CC hiding in the Saved Sims folder?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:15 AM
sadly, i don't even have a savedsims folder. has this bug ever been reported before?
i can send a video if needed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:12 AM
So to be sure I have this right, you change your sims hair and it changes their skin tone.

Are you on the UC?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:10 AM
Yes, I'm on the UC. Here is a poorly recorded video, showing what's happening. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o...lOgrgd38jmEY8pa
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 3:30 AM
bump! bumpity bump bump bump. :3
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:01 AM
Is it only on that hair?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 1:50 AM
sadly, nope! also, B U M P !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:11 AM
Did you try fixing your game in Origin and please don't bump your thread so often.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 3:59 AM
Unfortunately, repairing my game in origin, still makes the issue persist.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:33 AM
Is this all sims or just one sim? If it's just one sim check the batbox, remove tans and burns.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:25 AM
Did you try changing appearance on the mirror? Maybe your gussy up hack is broken.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:34 AM
Yes, it would be good to test it in a completely vanilla game to see if it persists. The best way to do this is to just rename your Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 folder and run the game to generate a fresh one. Test by changing the sim's hair in the mirror.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 12:35 PM
I thought they had done both of those things ^ or am I misreading?

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:14 PM
Well the OP mentioned "putting in only my bug fixing annyoance fixing mods still causes the problem". And the video shows using CC and the gussy up mod. To rule out a userdata problem it's good to test with a clean set of userdata files, otherwise we are clutching at straws with any recommendations.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:56 PM
Well the title says mirror.

OP, apart from keeping in NPC mods, No Sim Loaded + smarter EP check, all other CC should be on your desktop when you test.

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
OP, apart from keeping in NPC mods, No Sim Loaded + smarter EP check, all other CC should be on your desktop when you test.

They already said that didn't work:
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
that doesn't work, putting in only my bug fixing annyoance fixing mods still causes the problem.

I would recommend to test with a completely fresh folder and no mods- this is a throwaway set of userdata to test, just to see if it's a problem with userdata or gamedata.
Game Help:User Files-Remove All User Fileswiki