Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 8:36 AM
Default Trying to track down a bug
So I ran across a bug awhile back I think it is something EA intended but to me it is a bug.
What happens when a toddler or baby are idle the parents will randomly walk over and pick them up and just stand there even if free will is turned off.
Now I know family oriented will do this from time to time and the father did have this trait (and nurturing) but the mother did not have these traits so I changed his traits.
Both parents would still randomly walk across the entire lot to get the child and well this is very annoying. The biggest problem is it does not show up in the parent's queue
and the toddler's queue only shows Be Held. So now I need to find an invisible interaction so that I can disable it and was hoping someone could help me track it down.

For now I have tossed together a no autonomous pickup baby mod but that only fixes the symptom not the cause (at least I hope they are not the same) and has issues of its own like sims must already be holding a baby before they can put them in the crib, high chair, etc.

I am thankful any advice you can offer
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 10:10 AM
Yeah, that's something that came with the Generations EP and as it happens even with autonomy turned off and only appears in the toddler's action queue I am not entirely sure that any tuning mod can really prevent it from happening.
Site Helper
#3 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:00 PM
What about a No Autonomous Be Picked Up mod?

Although that would also affect putting the child in the crib or the high chair... Unless you could find a way to exclude a pick up where the adult has another interaction involving the child queued and only nerf the ones where the adult is randomly picking up the child for no reason.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook