Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 7972 (Who?), Viewed: 708882 times.
Page 319 of 319
Forum Resident
#7951 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:55 AM.
My stupid question... In CAW, when you first start a new world you pick out a map with a height (100, 200, or 300) and set the maximum height in the drop down box.
Okay... Height of what? Is that the maximum height of the mountains or the camera? If it's the camera, then setting a lower height means I can set the camera routing much thinner so you don't see the edge of the world (and that the world is really flat!) effectively allowing the world to have more space. If it's terrain, then why would I want 100 or 200 when I can set it to 300 and just make smaller mountains?

Edit: Is it disrespectful of plumbot rights to put a plumbot charging station next to the washing machine? What if the plumbot has a crush on the washing machine? Is this ever okay?
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#7952 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:08 PM
I feel really stupid to ask because I'm sure everyone knows about the answer but me: so... what happened to Modyourpanties (the image sharing site of MTS)? I noticed months ago that I couldn't login anymore (I click on "Click here" and nothing happens). Has it moved? Or messed up behind any repair? or MTS doesn't pay for a site like that anymore?
Scholar
#7953 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 5:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question... In CAW, when you first start a new world you pick out a map with a height (100, 200, or 300) and set the maximum height in the drop down box.
Okay... Height of what? Is that the maximum height of the mountains or the camera? If it's the camera, then setting a lower height means I can set the camera routing much thinner so you don't see the edge of the world (and that the world is really flat!) effectively allowing the world to have more space. If it's terrain, then why would I want 100 or 200 when I can set it to 300 and just make smaller mountains?

It's the height of the world. If you use the sculpting tool with "Hill Steep" excessively in one spot you will at one point hit the ceiling And prove that the world is flat, actually. You would want to set it to 100 or 200 to save computing power. Not sure if there would be notable impact is but it's less space the game has to render and compute.
Screenshots
Tuesday is Soylent Green day!
retired moderator
#7954 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floraflora2
Has it moved? Or messed up behind any repair? or MTS doesn't pay for a site like that anymore?

It died:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611818
Attach images to your posts for now.
Test Subject
#7955 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 8:39 AM
Hi everyone
My problem is error code 12 actually I did EVERYTHING that was said to do I deleted many families and lots,I deleted bad save files and deleted everything unnecessary in my sims 3 folder I installed error trap and overwatch etc
And by the way my ram has a lot of free space
Actually my problem started when I lost my cd so I used no cd mod and I opened my game from program Files/Electronic Arts/Island paradise/Game/Bin.there is file name TS3EP09.ex and by clicking on this I go into my game
Is my problem related to this?
Have you ever faced this situation?
I know there are lots of topics about error code 12 but I saw them all and tried Doing them all
Please help me with this
Alchemist
#7956 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 8:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaghayeghyz
Hi everyone
My problem is error code 12 actually I did EVERYTHING that was said to do I deleted many families and lots,I deleted bad save files and deleted everything unnecessary in my sims 3 folder I installed error trap and overwatch etc
And by the way my ram has a lot of free space
Actually my problem started when I lost my cd so I used no cd mod and I opened my game from program Files/Electronic Arts/Island paradise/Game/Bin.there is file name TS3EP09.ex and by clicking on this I go into my game
Is my problem related to this?
Have you ever faced this situation?
I know there are lots of topics about error code 12 but I saw them all and tried Doing them all
Please help me with this

Hi, Shaghayeghyz,

Since this is more technical than what this thread is meant for, you'd be better off posting this in the Help Section .

On semi-internet break. PM if you want to chat...
Test Subject
#7957 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Hi, Shaghayeghyz,

Since this is more technical than what this thread is meant for, you'd be better off posting this in the Help Section .

Ok thanks
Forum Resident
#7958 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:35 PM
What is this dynamic challenge stuff in my downloads folder? it doesn't show up under 'downloads" when I go to install stuff. Is it some sort of Digital rights management?
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#7959 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 7:21 PM
Quote:
What is this dynamic challenge stuff in my downloads folder? it doesn't show up under 'downloads" when I go to install stuff. Is it some sort of Digital rights management?

Are you playing on 1.67? If so, whatever that is, it isn't in my game. I don't know if Origin uses download folders as a public dumping grounds or not with 1.69.

On semi-internet break. PM if you want to chat...
Forum Resident
#7960 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:26 PM
Yeah. I'm using the steam version of 1.67. I can also see some challenges XML tuning files in the gameplay.package. Maybe I should study this as there may be game magic inside.

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#7961 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:46 PM
Quote:

The Dynamic Challenge files are related to the Badges we can earn, as displayed on the old TS3 website under our profiles. You can delete them at the risk of losing some badge progress (many of us couldn't care less about that), they will return the next time you log in at the Launcher level. I usually just ignore them. It has nothing to do with DRM.
Scholar
#7962 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 2:54 PM
If you go into the notepad Sims3 file in the Program Files/Origin Games/Sims 3 folder, I know you can change the memory usage from the default 2 higher.
I have a total of 16 RAM on my PC. That means I can alter it to using 8 at the highest, right? Always half of your RAM in total.
Alchemist
#7963 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
If you go into the notepad Sims3 file in the Program Files/Origin Games/Sims 3 folder, I know you can change the memory usage from the default 2 higher.
I have a total of 16 RAM on my PC. That means I can alter it to using 8 at the highest, right? Always half of your RAM in total.

There is an urban legend of sorts still circulating out there that such a setting exists. If it's the one I am thinking of, that measures the potential total size of the script heap and if we count the zeros correctly we see that it actually says 20 GB, not 2 GB. I would recommend not changing that, no one except the developers knows why it was set to 20 GB but it doesn't do what everyone who propagated this myth across the web many years ago thought it did.

TS3 has been Large Address Aware (LAA) on Windows (not the Mac version) ever since Patch 1.17. That means it can and will reach for just short of 4 GB of RAM on its own if it needs to and if the RAM is available; the actual upper limit is ~3.7 GB due to some overhead. But as a 32-bit application, that is the best it can do. No 32-bit app can ever use more RAM than that, it's a laws of physics and mathematics thing, and if it tries to reach for more RAM than it can possibly use even for a split second the result will be a crash or Error12s upon trying to save. Unfortunately, EA never made a 64-bit version of this game that would have lifted such a limit.
Field Researcher
#7964 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:36 AM
What is inappropriate behavior for guests?
Yesterday I threw a rather big party in Bridgeport in hopes of finding possible mates for my 2 sims. Around 20 sims showed up to the party and brought food.
Some of them were stuck in the garage, as you do, and others went upstairs. My sims spend the whole party getting the "ask to behave" actions for almost all the guests(his brother was also getting the actions), but I cant figure out what those guests were doing wrong.
As far as I know being stuck in garage, standing on the front porch, taking in food and using pool are not inappropriate things?
Any ideas what my guests could have been doing that I did not notice that was "rude"?
Alchemist
#7965 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 9:37 PM
@igazor

How do the modules for Vector work? Can I create castes so my playables are left alone, but other sims can get sick from whatever module I pick, or does the module (s) infect everybody?
Alchemist
#7966 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
@igazor

How do the modules for Vector work? Can I create castes so my playables are left alone, but other sims can get sick from whatever module I pick, or does the module (s) infect everybody?

The outbreaks start with one or more random Patient Zeros, as designated by the mod's options on City Hall; I believe they are all one by default. Those that are transmitted by social interactions will spread if/when that sim comes in contact with others while they are contagious. The different diseases spread in different manners though, this is covered on the detail pages for each module that one clicks through to get to where the downloads are.

There are no options for castes (that's SP) or to grant actives immunity, although there is an option to prevent actives from getting a disease spontaneously when a new strain evolves. It's already False by default. There might be something in Vector's debug menu about further forms of immunity by sim, will have to check the next time I am in-game. I do know that you can cheat a cure to any sim already infected using the debug commands.
Alchemist
#7967 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 15th Sep 2018 at 3:24 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
The outbreaks start with one or more random Patient Zeros, as designated by the mod's options on City Hall; I believe they are all one by default. Those that are transmitted by social interactions will spread if/when that sim comes in contact with others while they are contagious. The different diseases spread in different manners though, this is covered on the detail pages for each module that one clicks through to get to where the downloads are.

There are no options for castes (that's SP) or to grant actives immunity, although there is an option to prevent actives from getting a disease spontaneously when a new strain evolves. It's already False by default. There might be something in Vector's debug menu about further forms of immunity by sim, will have to check the next time I am in-game. I do know that you can cheat a cure to any sim already infected using the debug commands.

Thank you.

I see this is going to require some trial and error on a different hood other than my save to see how each module behaves. If all else fails, I'll chicken out and stick with the Common Cold and Simfluenza.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7968 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
What is inappropriate behavior for guests?
Yesterday I threw a rather big party in Bridgeport in hopes of finding possible mates for my 2 sims. Around 20 sims showed up to the party and brought food.
Some of them were stuck in the garage, as you do, and others went upstairs. My sims spend the whole party getting the "ask to behave" actions for almost all the guests(his brother was also getting the actions), but I cant figure out what those guests were doing wrong.
As far as I know being stuck in garage, standing on the front porch, taking in food and using pool are not inappropriate things?
Any ideas what my guests could have been doing that I did not notice that was "rude"?

Using the pool is considered inappropriate behaviour.

An additional problem might be if the party was held in an apartment building, because as soon as a guest leaves the residential area of an apartment and enters a public area on the lot they are not considered part of the party anymore and are treated more like uninvited guests, even though they still behave like invited visitors.
Field Researcher
#7969 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
Using the pool is considered inappropriate behaviour.

An additional problem might be if the party was held in an apartment building, because as soon as a guest leaves the residential area of an apartment and enters a public area on the lot they are not considered part of the party anymore and are treated more like uninvited guests, even though they still behave like invited visitors.

I had no idea about the pool. Hopefully that's not the case with a pool party? xD I wouldn't know, I never threw a pool party
Site Helper
#7970 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:54 PM
I have thrown pool parties, and I'm still not sure if using the pool qualifies as inappropriate. Nobody ever gets into the pool!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7971 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 9:11 PM
I just know that when your own Sim is invited to an NPC pool party and uses the pool without the "Inappropriate in a Good Way" lifetime reward, he/she will be scolded.
Field Researcher
#7972 Old Yesterday at 8:52 PM
If I make a ghost in cas, can I revive them? Or can only sims that died in game be revived?
Lab Assistant
#7973 Old Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
If I make a ghost in cas, can I revive them? Or can only sims that died in game be revived?

I've never had a problem reviving any ghosts, no matter how they were created

omnis mundi creatura
Page 319 of 319