Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on Yesterday at 7:25 PM
Replies: 8046 (Who?), Viewed: 711877 times.
Page 322 of 322
Alchemist
#8026 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Just wondering, why NRASS doesn't come with pie menus rather popping new windows for every interaction? Imo it would be much more intuitive, won't disturb the flow of time and would be quicker to exit.

Probably because of the relatively small number of pie menu items that can show on-screen at a time as compared to the much larger number that can show and be scrolled through on menus.
Instructor
#8027 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Not positive about this, would have to check the next time I am in-game, but I think there might be such a command available if you temporarily enable debugging on Vector. I do know that a command to completely cure one or more sims who already have a disease is there. The Vector debugging commands were never documented.

Thanks! How do you enable debugging on it?
Alchemist
#8028 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 14th Oct 2018 at 5:40 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakme
Thanks! How do you enable debugging on it?

On City Hall, NRaas > Vector > Show Debugging > True

You would want to switch that back to False once finished though as the debugger will start generating all sorts of Vector related disease reports that are not necessary and can potentially drag down regular gameplay if it is left on.

Edit:
Finally remembered to check this. Yes, the debugging function puts an NRaas > Vector menu on sims that isn't otherwise there with the choices of Infect, Cure, and Inoculate and then a choice of which disease(s) you had in mind. Not sure that I'm happy to have helped or sad that your sims can now be miserable on demand, but take your choice.
Alchemist
#8029 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:01 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 14th Oct 2018 at 10:36 PM.
If I save sims to the bin, do they keep all of the purchased property they own or do they need to repurchase them? All of the lots in question are part of the hood the said sims live in.
Field Researcher
#8030 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
If I save sims to the bin, do they keep all of the purchased property they own or do they need to repurchase them? All of the lots in question are part of the hood the said sims live in.

Pretty sure that if you put them into the bin and place them down later they have to purchase lots again.
Alchemist
#8031 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
Pretty sure that if you put them into the bin and place them down later they have to purchase lots again.

I think so too, but before I commit to a all-nighter filled with pizza and caffiene while rebuilding my hood, I figured I'd ask.
Alchemist
#8032 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
...before I commit to a all-nighter filled with pizza and caffiene...

General rule of thumb, any late or all night session the plans for which begin this way is destined to end well, due to proper advance planning. No good can come of anything that is done at 3am or later without those two necessary ingredients.
Alchemist
#8033 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 1:29 AM
Quote:
General rule of thumb, any late or all night session the plans for which begin this way is destined to end well, due to proper advance planning. No good can come of anything that is done at 3am or later without those two necessary ingredients.

I hope you're right because I might be inclined to swap out the caffeine for something stronger. Since I haven't had a drink in years, that would end with me getting nothing done other than being passed out in my chair. I've been known to do that with a child's dose of Benadryl.
Alchemist
#8034 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 9:00 PM
A shot of whiskey and passing out in my chair would have been the easier way to deal with my game's issues.

I didn't have this problem before; sims running across water at 9:00 PM to gather laundry that somehow made its way to that point. My game is also removing sims that I don't want removed. They're supposed to be role sims, but SP (?) has decided that they need to go. Other sims like Milo Prince was also has removed. Granted, he is a pain the ass, but not a sim I wanted eliminated from my game.

I don't typically don't have problems like this, but now that I am, it is giving me a frickin' headache. The only things I've added to my game is Vector and CC...clothing. I'm not using a old save as those were a mess because the burglar problem I spent what seems like forever complaining about and the hood I'm playing is the same one I have been playing since the middle of August. rubs temples

I haven't watched TV in years, maybe I'll start doing that. If all else fails, I'll fall asleep from boredom. Meh! If anybody knows what is causing all of this this BS, I'm all ears.
Top Secret Researcher
#8035 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:25 AM
Do you have Error Trap or Overwatch?
Alchemist
#8036 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
Do you have Error Trap or Overwatch?

I have both.
Instructor
#8037 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 10:58 AM
It happened once in my game too. http://modthesims.info/t/608986

Nraas Go here might be able to help you here. But I don't think it's completely avoidable

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/PuddingFace
Alchemist
#8038 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:28 PM
Quote:
I didn't have this problem before; sims running across water at 9:00 PM to gather laundry that somehow made its way to that point. My game is also removing sims that I don't want removed. They're supposed to be role sims, but SP (?) has decided that they need to go. Other sims like Milo Prince was also has removed. Granted, he is a pain the ass, but not a sim I wanted eliminated from my game.

Hmm. Maybe I should have been more specific but if the "pizza" had been a store brand version that once cooked tastes more like cardboard than the real thing and the caffeine had been of the instant variety rather than something actually brewed, the results are not likely to be as good.

If it's not too late, I would suggest an MC Reset Everything on that world and then a reload in the hopes that it resets the routing. I've heard of games where this happens, sims doing laundry for example end up all over the map trying to reach places that are undefined or should have undefined coordinates. A similar issue can sometimes be seen in these games where sim protests are staged under water or in a forest on the world lot at the very edge of the map. I would not want to play a world forward once it starts doing that, if the MC Reset doesn't fix things.

I don't know who Milo is, would that be a resident Role Sim or a homeless NPC? You may want to switch off SP's homeless management option (I never intentionally have it on myself anyway) if it's going to start doing unwanted things with your world's homeless population. By default though, there shouldn't be any emigration of actual residents out of the world with SP in charge.
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Households > Manage Homeless > False
Test Subject
#8039 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:48 PM
I have a stupid question. I could probably figure this out myself by just going into CAS and trying it but I have to share a computer and I can't get on it right now. It's kind of weird because I've been playing this game since it came out and I hadn't thought of doing this till now. My question is, can I create step families in CAS? Like say a woman who already has two kids, but has married someone else and had more kids with them? Will the family tree thingy in CAS allow me to do that? Or would it be better to try and change their family tree in game with mods or whatnot?
Inventor
#8040 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 16th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM.
Making step families In CAS? Not really. See pictures of my Flynn-Fletcher blended family

Easily done with NRAAS MC+Cheats tho'. Okay, not that easy... Click Sim->NRAAS->MC->Advanced->Family->Add Parent or child, whatever->Choose filter (or not). Scroll down and add the relationship.

In EA CAS, you can make two separate child parent relationships, but if you marry the parents, all the children become children of both parents. It's just too damned wholesome. I mean Disney has a thing for blended families, and EA whimps out on it?
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#8041 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:47 PM
On the other hand, this is the same EA that makes existing adult romantic couples unable to touch each other if a parent of one gets romantically involved with (or is it marries?) a parent of the other because eww, we are stepsiblings now. The levels of breakage of step-relations in this game are pretty horrifying if we allow ourselves to dwell on them for too long.
Alchemist
#8042 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote:

If it's not too late, I would suggest an MC Reset Everything on that world and then a reload in the hopes that it resets the routing. I've heard of games where this happens, sims doing laundry for example end up all over the map trying to reach places that are undefined or should have undefined coordinates. A similar issue can sometimes be seen in these games where sim protests are staged under water or in a forest on the world lot at the very edge of the map. I would not want to play a world forward once it starts doing that, if the MC Reset doesn't fix things.

I don't know who Milo is, would that be a resident Role Sim or a homeless NPC? You may want to switch off SP's homeless management option (I never intentionally have it on myself anyway) if it's going to start doing unwanted things with your world's homeless population. By default though, there shouldn't be any emigration of actual residents out of the world with SP in charge.
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Households > Manage Homeless > False

I'm too stubborn ( or stupid depending on how one looks that things) to give up on my game. If I'm going to toss in the towel, I'm going to make sure I can say with honesty that I did everything I could. That and I spent a wad of cash on a new tower just so I can play which acts like a built-in guilt factor if I were to just to quit.

I tried resetting, it didn't do anything. After a few hours of sleep and feeling less grumpy, this morning I found my original save for this particular hood and played it for a couple of hours. The sims in question have done laundry, been out and about, gone to work, ect... and there hasn't been any routing issues.

Milo is a resident sim. He's not homeless or a role sim. I don't know why he was deleted. The only reason I know he was gone is because when I clear cache files after I'm done playing, I go through any script errors that have shown up. His name appeared with the role sims that were deleted. I don't have any attachment to this one sim, but it was irritating finding out the sims were being deleted that shouldn't have been.

I've disabled immigration and I've gone through my mods folder with a fine-toothed comb in the event that perhaps there was something in there that was causing a conflict. I have many tuning mods which to the best of my knowledge are harmless, but the ones that I'm not using for one reason or another have been removed.

As for the world itself, I love this world that I'm playing. It is the first world that I've played where I didn't get bored a few weeks in. Sans my 3 week break from playing sims entirely, I've played almost daily since I installed it on Aug 15. I'm inclined to think that something was causing these issues rather than the a problem with the world itself. Only time will tell.

If these problems persist, I'll be over at NRAAS with script errors in hand. As always, thanks for the help.
Alchemist
#8043 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 5:43 PM
Gargoyle, just to clarify, I never meant to imply that you should give up on the entire game if that part was directed at me. Or on that world even, it was just that instance of it that sounded broken. But if things have fixed themselves or the revert to a prior save did so, then perhaps all is well.

Still not sure what to say about Milo without more information. When sims are and remain proper residents, SP does not push them out of the world unless emigration (not immigration, they are different) is somehow enabled or a social worker is involved, but he didn't sound like a child or younger to me. There is a Run Out of Town scenario that can engage if Milo were to have no friends and a town full of enemies, but you should be notified if that one is ever about to fire and it should be pretty rare. I wonder if for whatever reason he was evicted, booted out of his own house, or ran away from home so to speak, quit his job, and became homeless thus potentially subject to SP's Manage the Homeless function if that is activated.

Sometimes the sims listed in ErrorTrap logs have become corrupt beyond the point of being usable for anything and ET is just cleaning up the debris, and sometimes they are duplicate sims or those who really belong in another world and it's really their tourist or mini-sim data that is being cleaned out.

Will be standing by (well, sitting down really) looking for updates and error logs, but hopefully none of that will really be necessary.
Instructor
#8044 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote:
As for the world itself, I love this world that I'm playing. It is the first world that I've played where I didn't get bored a few weeks in. Sans my 3 week break from playing sims entirely, I've played almost daily since I installed it on Aug 15. I'm inclined to think that something was causing these issues rather than the a problem with the world itself. Only time will tell.

If these problems persist, I'll be over at NRAAS with script errors in hand. As always, thanks for the help.

Which world is this?
Test Subject
#8045 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Making step families In CAS? Not really. See pictures of my Flynn-Fletcher blended family

Easily done with NRAAS MC+Cheats tho'. Okay, not that easy... Click Sim->NRAAS->MC->Advanced->Family->Add Parent or child, whatever->Choose filter (or not). Scroll down and add the relationship.

In EA CAS, you can make two separate child parent relationships, but if you marry the parents, all the children become children of both parents. It's just too damned wholesome. I mean Disney has a thing for blended families, and EA whimps out on it?

Thanks! I thought that would be the case, that if you married the adults then the children would belong to both of them. It's a pity there aren't more options with the family tree in CAS. Thankfully there's Mastercontroller!
Alchemist
#8046 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote:

Still not sure what to say about Milo without more information.

There is nothing more to tell. My curiosity got the better of me after reading your post in lurk mode, so I went with it.

I've spent the past hour or so in game trying to figure out where Milo lives as he's always at one house in particular when he's not working. He's not part of that household at all, he's a NPC. He 'shares' a apartment with a bunch of other NPCs. I'm not still not happy that he was removed for whatever reason, and none of this explains any of the other stuff that was going on, but the Milo mystery can now be put to rest.

When you run out of coffee, let me know. I'll get some to you ASAP. In the meantime, I'll be sitting in the corner with my dunce hat on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakme
Which world is this?

Generations version of Grey Meadow
Inventor
#8047 Old Yesterday at 7:51 PM
Default The Hunt for EA Bugs and my Stupid question
Quote:
On the other hand, this is the same EA that makes existing adult romantic couples unable to touch each other if a parent of one gets romantically involved with (or is it marries?) a parent of the other because eww, we are stepsiblings now. The levels of breakage of step-relations in this game are pretty horrifying if we allow ourselves to dwell on them for too long.

I'm gonna try that without Woohooer, which may have fixed it. Marry off two sims, and then have their parents marry.

My Stupid Question of the Day
Anyone know of a good tutorial on making movies with Sims 3?
Particularly, the "look at" feature. Seems I saw a video of that being demonstrated a few years ago. I tried it, got nothing.
Is there any way to add animations besides those in the EA list when using the moving making cheat?

Sims are better than us.
Page 322 of 322