Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 7905 (Who?), Viewed: 704626 times.
Page 317 of 317
Theorist
#7901 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:30 AM
Planning on reinstalling Island Paradise- is the lag largely contained within Isla Paradise, or does it affect other worlds as well?
Instructor
#7902 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Planning on reinstalling Island Paradise- is the lag largely contained within Isla Paradise, or does it affect other worlds as well?

I think Nraas go here and the route fixed worlds take care of most problems.
Theorist
#7903 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:14 PM
So it sounds largely like an issue caused by Isla Paradiso itself? Sound good
Alchemist
#7904 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:21 PM
The only problem I have with the IP expansion is in worlds where sims try to route places by boat, but the waterways are too narrow (e.g., Riverview) to allow for that and they get stuck going in circles with no way to reach the shore. NRaas GoHere, the current version, fixes that with its option to disallow boat routing.

As for Isla Paradiso itself, I had only minimal problems there once I took some steps to fix the world up, get rid of a few very difficult or impossible to fix residential lots, and move most of the premades living on houseboats to residences inland because there were far too many of them on houseboats to start for that to work well. Since then another approach has evolved.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...oving-ip-lag/p1
Theorist
#7905 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:37 AM
Is there any way of removing foundation posts (the ones from the IP patch) from lots after you've placed them from the Library?

It seems like another one of those bugs they never fixed.
Forum Resident
#7906 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Is there any way of removing foundation posts (the ones from the IP patch) from lots after you've placed them from the Library?

It seems like another one of those bugs they never fixed.

Answer is yes, there is a way. Sadly, I don't recall how I did it. I remember it being tedious and never used those again because any changes are tedious... Part senility, part just a terrible memory that I didn't want to relive Pretty sure it involves a NRAAS mod (all good things come from NRAAS mods) like MC or Debug, and clicking on each post.

Sims are better than us.
Page 317 of 317