Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:12 PM
Default seed spawners on lots vs seed spawners in world
Hey guys! I edited a world in caw and placed seed spawners, common and uncommon throughout the world. When I played this world in-game, however, every seed I picked up was an unknown or some supernatural seed, all of which I hate. I knew something was weird because I just played another world where the majority of seeds were lettuce, apple, tomato, etc, common seeds ready for planting.

After investigating the other world I found that their seeds were placed on lots only by using buydebug. I made the fix to my edit and have found that does make a difference on what seeds are spawned.
So I was wondering if thats an intentional thing. Buydebug seed spawners placed on lots seem to be intended to be immediately found and planted by sims. It makes sense, never considered it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:52 PM
I have to say, I never encountered these issues. There are different types of spawners - the autosoils that grow a harvestable plant, and the regular spawners that would spawn seeds/fish/gems/small pets/ ... that sims can gather/collect/catch/ ... But sooner or later all spawners I placed would spawn whatever they are supposed to spawn.

Some general things to consider:
- Spawners often take several to many sim days to spawn. Saving, quitting the game and restarting from desktop seems to help to make them spawn quicker.
- If the seeds are "unknown" your sim lacks the skill to identify them.
- the game likes to spawn additional stuff from all of your EPs no matter if you placed spawners for it or not

Probably not very helpful But I would agree that buydebug spawners placed on lots spawn more often than those placed in the world. That's just a feeling though, I never really paid much attention to that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I have to say, I never encountered these issues. There are different types of spawners - the autosoils that grow a harvestable plant, and the regular spawners that would spawn seeds/fish/gems/small pets/ ... that sims can gather/collect/catch/ ... But sooner or later all spawners I placed would spawn whatever they are supposed to spawn.

Some general things to consider:
- Spawners often take several to many sim days to spawn. Saving, quitting the game and restarting from desktop seems to help to make them spawn quicker.
- If the seeds are "unknown" your sim lacks the skill to identify them.
- the game likes to spawn additional stuff from all of your EPs no matter if you placed spawners for it or not

Probably not very helpful But I would agree that buydebug spawners placed on lots spawn more often than those placed in the world. That's just a feeling though, I never really paid much attention to that.

Ok thanks! I do think there's a different algorithm or something though. At least when I play there's a very noticeable difference. HOWEVER, I'm playing with bohemian fruits and nuts and I don't think they are accounted for in CAW, so therefore buydebug seed spawners in my game clearly have more variety to pull from and maybe that's what I'm noticing.
I forgot to account for that.
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:49 PM
I have that set, and I'm much more likely to find blueberry or raspberry seeds than any others from the set. TBS, my current world is overrun by mandrake seeds and button mushrooms.
Site Helper
#5 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 2:56 PM
( I hope that your spawners on lots are on lots that will NEVER be edited, rotated, etc....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:24 PM
Oooooo what happens? For future reference of course.
Site Helper
#7 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:05 PM
If you have never patched, or not patched very far, the spawners duplicate themselves every time the lot is rotated, and frequently when the lot is edited and then saved again. One spawner on one side of the lot can become 12 spawners all over the lot in no time.

There was a patch that claimed to have fixed that. The "fix" deletes them. (Sometimes...) In my experience it has been more reliable at deleting harvestable plants.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
dodgy builder
#8 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have never patched, or not patched very far, the spawners duplicate themselves every time the lot is rotated, and frequently when the lot is edited and then saved again. One spawner on one side of the lot can become 12 spawners all over the lot in no time.

There was a patch that claimed to have fixed that. The "fix" deletes them. (Sometimes...) In my experience it has been more reliable at deleting harvestable plants.

That is an important point, but I think there is a difference with CAW. A world cannot be turned, so I think and have the impression it's only relevant to lots.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:41 AM
I'm patched to 1.67 and spawners still duplicate every time I rotate a lot I've downloaded when placing the lot in a town. Copies of any spawners also stay behind on the empty lot if the lot is deleted. The spawners then have to be cleaned off the "empty" lot. I just make it a practice to check this when placing downloaded lots or deleting lots. I think it might help avoid having to rotate lots if lot builders set the front of the lot before exporting it, but I'm not sure. I always reset the front of any lot I've had to rotate. Volvenom is right that this doesn't apply to spawners on a map. It shouldn't apply to lots included with a town as long as the creator has been careful.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:54 PM
The seed spawners on the world lot should spawn all seeds that you have installed, including those from the Store. IIRC the bohemian set seeds as well as cucumber, corn, eggplant and lemon seeds are basically apple seeds, so any spawner that spawns apple seeds should also spawn the others.

And yes, the issue of spawners remaining on a lot and therefore duplicating when you rotate one has not been fixed, contrary to whatever EA claimed.