Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 3:59 AM
Game won't load with mods after power outage
ok so....the other day while I was playing my power went out, I tried to save my game before my pc crashed, my game was in the middle of saving when it shut off
now my game won't play....
I've removed mods and it starts....
before this though everything was working fine, now I can't play with any mods....
I've repaired the game, I've deleted the folder.... still, the game will start to load but then crashes back to origin...
any thoughts?
the games a bit boring without cc and mods....
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th May 2020 at 12:24 AM
I've had this happen to me too. Unfortunately, you may need to do a clean load. Pull the Mods folder slap it on your desktop. Hopefully the mods you do have are easy to locate to update. Mid-save crash borked your game...temporarily.
delete the thumbnail cache...(game will create a new one on loading)
Create a NEW Mods Folder
Load game....Everything should be hunky dory
Exit back out.
Open the Mods folder on Desktop
Right Click on the new Mods folder opening it in a new window. You should have (2) Mods Folders on your task bar open.
Locate mods that require a script file to operate i.e GAME mods not clothing, hair etc. but behaviors like careers etc. {personally I highlight all files and regroup by type. That is me not everyone else}
either drag or cut and paste those script files WITH their complimenting package files into the new Mod Folder.
Run Game create a new game to test. If the hard stuff works without throwing LE's Then we will do a quick save. Exit
Now add in the hair, clothing, makeup etc. These items technically shouldn't bork the game IF they don't tune or change behaviors.
Remember the Game HATES going more than 1 folder deep. So keep it simple. No .jpg files or read me files in the Mod folder. Less crap for the computer to have to look at while loading.

See if that has you set up. Anyone else more game Saavy , see if I missed anything. Good Luck