Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2020 at 10:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Accidentally reset the swings while in Build Mode so they won't change with Seasons
I was just editing Bridgeport Acres but I've accidentally reset the swings so they won't change appearance when the seasons change. The only reason I selected the swings was because I didn't realise that hitting the undo button wouldn't fix the problem. I'm rather irritated by it, especially since I don't know how to add other objects and have them only show up for certain seasons. It would be wonderful if I knew how since then I could replace various objects with more pricey ones with the same functions. Like I'm planning to delete the community benches and replace them with benches from the World Adventures expansion pack.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2020 at 10:52 AM
Oh, seems I've figured out how to fix the issue. And it seems that it won't matter if I don't fix it, because the appearance of the swings don't change with seasons.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th May 2020 at 11:40 PM
If you decide to change up the festival lot what you'll need to do is activate the testing cheats, then turn on the the buy debug and enter buy mode. That should cause the marker (which will look like a silver ball) to become visible. In Bridgeport I think it's at the front corner (in between the flower beds).

Shift clicking on that will allow you to edit the lot by season. The items that are visible in the common 'season' will always be there (which is where the park benches will probably be). Construction 'season' is what is in the park during that day in between the festival lots. You can also change around what the festivals are named and whatnot.

One word of caution- be careful where you click when you are editing a season. If you happen to click on something translucent (an item that's common through the seasons), it will shift that item to only being available in that season. My first time editing the lot, I ended up only having bathroom doors in one season.

If you'd like to turn another lot so that it changes with the seasons, the season marker will be in debug. In Bridgeport I have it set that the Aquarius (pool side club) has less chairs outside during the winter and usually my beaches will have more outdoor toys during the summer. You can use them on home lots too (if you decorate for the different seasons).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:48 AM
Yeah, I managed to figure that out via further research. But thanks anyway! :D