Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2020 at 1:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default How to downsize the grid of an existing lot?
I have a building that was originally on a 30x30 grid, but I've downsized it so it can easily fit a 20x20, this is so that I can place it in other parts of town. However, I am unable to change the size of the grid. Is there anyway I can just copy the buildings on the lot and paste them onto a 20x20 grid? Or downsize their existing grid?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2020 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
nope! :D

Okay lets try another question -- is there anyway to place lots that don't exactly fit in Edit Town mode, using a cheat or something such as objects with moveobjects on?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th May 2020 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cureem
Okay lets try another question -- is there anyway to place lots that don't exactly fit in Edit Town mode, using a cheat or something such as objects with moveobjects on?

If the size of the lot you want to place (let’s say 20x20) is smaller than the lot you want to place it on (maybe 30x30), then yes.

If the lot you want to place (30x30) is larger than the one you want to place it on (20x20) then no, it’s not possible with the way the engine is hard coded. Cheats and mods won’t do anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2020 at 12:05 PM
Thanks guys
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2020 at 1:28 PM
This is one of those things TS4 actually does better for a change. But of course, that's cancelled out completely by the fact that you can't really add or move lots at all.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )