Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 4:42 AM
Default Rent
I didn't know where to put this. If there are any RENT fans/Rentheads in here. I have crying-in-a-dark corner news. RENT, that has been on broadway for 12 years is closing its doors on June 1st, 2008.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/t...ter&oref=slogin
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 10:21 AM
I've only ever seen the movie which I love. That's an amazing run.
#3 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 2:05 AM
I'm obsessed, too.

and WHAT?!!!!!!!!

=[

at least I saw it with anthony rapp in it <3
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:44 PM
Ahh and the songs are so good in it as well. Shame
#5 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 1:50 PM
I've seen it in New York and have been a big fan since ages. The film was good too. Now they are closing - for me good. Because then I won't travel so far to New York to see it.
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:23 PM
Aaaah aaah aaaah RENT! I'm in England so would never have got to see it on Broadway anyway, but I managed to miss it when it was on over here as well. I was so annoyed with myself! But it looked like a really weird version, anyway. I'm pretty obsessed, but I've only seen the film... I love it.

Quote: Originally posted by Connectzeedots
at least I saw it with anthony rapp in it <3

You lucky lucky thing!
#7 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:35 AM
I watched the movie late one night of OnDemand and fell in love. It was probably one of the first musicals that I watched, and definitely was the one that made me realize I like musicals.
Now...I have the DVD and the soundtrack.

This was also the first movie to make me outright cry. Nothing has ever done that before, in writing or in film/TV.
#8 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 7:36 PM
Awww, dang...I loved that movie! Just like you, Axel, it made me realize I loved musicals and opera. Then Phantom of the Opera came and stole my heart away. Damn you Phantom! Damn you!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RENToholic
I didn't know where to put this. If there are any RENT fans/Rentheads in here. I have crying-in-a-dark corner news. RENT, that has been on broadway for 12 years is closing its doors on June 1st, 2008.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/t...ter&oref=slogin

I'm not a fan, but in school we did have to dance to it!
I made a friend out of the whole deal...so I have nothing bad to say about it now!

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Instructor
#10 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:54 AM
They moved the closing to September. Either way, I wouldn't be able to watch it. I'm too far from NYC. I did watch the movie, though.
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 6:54 AM
my bestfriend got a tickette to the last show and i had a fit because iv only seen the play 8 times and my goal in life was to see it atleast 15 times so i spent two hours trying to get her gimme the tickette

she wouldent budge =[

but she prommised me stuff

rip rent =[
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 3:06 AM
Aw. I never got a chance to see the musical, but the movie was amazing! Adam Pascal=love. :D

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
#13 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 3:09 AM
if it ever goes off Broadway or a theater group in your area is doing it i deff suggest you go see it. its not quite the same as the movie but in alot of peoples oppion [including mine] its better =]
#14 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 3:18 AM
It's off-broadway in September, twiggle

I don't know why people are freaking out SO much. We'll still have all our beloved RENT paraphenalia, and now everyone can do the show, even if they live around 2 hours from b'way.
#15 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 3:33 AM
no like... i know its going off Broadway. but if starts doing shows in an off Broadway theater. [thus "if it goes off Broadway"]

lots of really good shows go to off broadway =]