Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 4:00 AM
Default A tribute to the 90s
I totally found this and I thought it was pretty friggin sweet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNsteyQYWM

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 4:17 AM
OMG FURBIES!

I remember those, they were annoying as heck. :P

Oooh, and Pokemon cards - I remember those. Everyone had them... even the Recess teachers. God those were good days...

And dare I mention the Spice Girls?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 5:30 AM
haha epic.
srsly
AaaHH!!! Real monsters fer srsly
And
Doug
and
Roco
and
RUGRATS!!!!

I MISS THEM ALLL!!!!!!!

#4 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 6:12 PM
awsome vid!

i remember my furbie! xD soo funny!
and almost everything there.
and the mood rings! Whenever i saw them, i wanted one :P
and beanie babies<3 i still have them all. i collected them.
#5 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 8:08 AM
That's an awesome vid.
Furbies scared me to death when they first came out, and they still do. lol They just look so evil to me. lol
But gosh I miss all of those Nick shows!
Rugrats, Doug, Are you afraid of the dark?
There aren't kid shows like that on anymore. lol

Did anyone else collect those Spice Girls barbies? LOL I had them all. *sigh*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 4:10 PM
I totally did haha. I loved them.

Kid shows now are just.....(to be honest) shit......
There is no really creativity in them. [/sigh]
The 90's was the friggin cartoon era.
Rugrats > Spongebob
Camp Salute Your Shorts > iCarly
Clarissa Explains it all > Hannah Montana
Point proven.

#7 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 4:25 PM
LOL I had all the dolls, plus the little action figure ones that came with the big stage. I remember it was always hard to find a Baby Spice doll.

I agree 100%.
I would still watch Doug and Rugrats. LOL
Clarissa Explains It All was so awesome. Kid shows now don't even compare.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hale
But gosh I miss all of those Nick shows!
Rugrats, Doug, Are you afraid of the dark?
There aren't kid shows like that on anymore. lol

Actually, I don't know that I'd make this statement at all. If what you're looking at to make the assessment are the Hannah Montanas and iCarlys of the world, I can see where you might come to this conclusion. Although I have see bits and pieces of iCarly that have looked fun. Not enough to want to see a full episode but btis and pieces.

On the other hand, have you been watching like Bob the Builder and Handy Manny? I prefer Bob. The characterizations of Bob's machines seem a bit better than of Manny's tools. But both shows are well-done and the atmosphere of warmth and teamwork is strong in both.

Or how about the Backyardigans? I love these characters. Every time I watch them it's like a happy flashback to the Muppet Babies cartoons of the 80's. The characters have really inventive imaginations and their little song and dance numbers are a joy.

How about the Danger Rangers? This is one of the best message shows I've seen in ages. An adventuring team of safety experts going around getting kids out of scrapes and teaching them how to be safer in the future. Good blend of action and education and the some of the Rangers are just hilarious. Especially their accident-prone android Fallbot and the brash, loudmouth mouse ranger, Squeaky.

I'll grant you there is a lot of dreck on all over the dial. But they do continue to mkae good stuff too. You just have to look harder for it than you did in the 90's. As rough a decade as that was for me and as glad as I am that it's over, the overall quality of the animated series that were out then is one thing I do miss.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:02 PM
I'm so glad that claymation became popular after I grew out of children's media- it scares the living hell out of me. I had to watch Bob the Builder when I was babysitting a two-year-old boy, and it was almost unbearable. Puppets and ventriloquism are equally frightening. Does anyone remember Rocco's Modern Life? I loved that show. Arthur, Catdog, Max & Ruby, Magic School Bus, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Clifford, and Clarissa Explains it All were my favorite shows.

Furbies were awesome... I remember when they used to come in Happy Meals. I can't believe that Bratz dolls are now more popular than Barbies, because Barbies ruled the 90's. I was such a doll fiend- I had forty Barbies, six American Girl dolls, tons of Polly Pockets (which were awesome), a wooden dollhouse, a plastic Fisher Price dollhouse, a Barbie dollhouse with a working elevator... toys nowadays aren't nearly as cool. Are EasyBake ovens still popular? I loved mine, even though the baked goods could be eaten in about three bites .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#10 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:16 PM
cappyboy: Disney shows are okay. But the new Nick shows don't compare to the old ones. That's just my opinion though. Is Nickelodeon still a channel? Or are they calling it something else now? I've watched Bob the builder with my baby cousin before, and I guess it is a good show for younger kids to learn from. What I mean by they don't compare to the older shows is that I have no interest in watching them now. However, if there was a Rugrats or a Doug marathon on right now...I'd be watching it. lol Especially Doug. That was just a good show.

Rabid: LOL. Catdog!I loved that show. And of course Rocco's Modern Life was great too. I think there are still Easy Bake Ovens. I think I still have my old one put up somewhere. lol

I forgot about The Angry Beavers. That was on a little later, but that was another one I loved.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:18 PM
PBJ Otter! I just remembered that one. Do the noooooodle dance... I loved that show :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#12 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:20 PM
Rabid: The Noodle Dance!! I forgot about that. lol
Didn't the song go something like "Noodle Noodle, use your noodle. Do the noodle dance" LOL Is it sad I remember that?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:25 PM
I miss the 90's, I only lived six years of my life in them but still. Anyone remember Banana's in Pajamas? Now that I've grown older I think it was corny but I loved it growing up. What about Doug and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood? My sister and I were way too energetic and got into everything, but flip the T.V. on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and we'd sit indian style in front of the television all day, really we just watched it to sing the ending song.

EDIT: I just remembered another one, Gullah Gullah Island :p

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 11:06 PM
I just found my old Game Boy Pocket in a box last week and it still works!!!! I've been playing Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. The game and the batteries were still in it, and the batteries didn't even leak after all of these years! I hope I run across the AC adapter soon.
P.S. I really need to get a PSP or DS or something...

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hale
cappyboy: Disney shows are okay. But the new Nick shows don't compare to the old ones. That's just my opinion though. Is Nickelodeon still a channel? Or are they calling it something else now? I've watched Bob the builder with my baby cousin before, and I guess it is a good show for younger kids to learn from. What I mean by they don't compare to the older shows is that I have no interest in watching them now. However, if there was a Rugrats or a Doug marathon on right now...I'd be watching it. lol Especially Doug. That was just a good show.

And I'd be right there with you for either one. Especially Doug. That show was just the hieght of awesome. That, Hey Arnold, and As Told By Ginger are the three Nicktoons I miss the most.

As for today, yes Nickelodeon is a still a channel. But the only cartoon for older kids they have know that I'm disappointed to miss is the Fairly Oddparents. Spongebob can be fun in short bursts as can Jimmy Neutron. But only the Oddparents make me want to watch the way a Doug or Arnold could.

And Cartoon Network? Well, I won't knock Ben 10 the way many will. But they do tend to cling to Ben a little much. There's certainly nothing as strong as The Powerpuff Girls or Johnny Bravo on CN these days. We need a new round of What a Cartoons that can possibly become series.
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cappyboy
And I'd be right there with you for either one. Especially Doug. That show was just the hieght of awesome. That, Hey Arnold, and As Told By Ginger are the three Nicktoons I miss the most.

As for today, yes Nickelodeon is a still a channel. But the only cartoon for older kids they have know that I'm disappointed to miss is the Fairly Oddparents. Spongebob can be fun in short bursts as can Jimmy Neutron. But only the Oddparents make me want to watch the way a Doug or Arnold could.

And Cartoon Network? Well, I won't knock Ben 10 the way many will. But they do tend to cling to Ben a little much. There's certainly nothing as strong as The Powerpuff Girls or Johnny Bravo on CN these days. We need a new round of What a Cartoons that can possibly become series.

As Told By Ginger! I forgot about that show. I loved that too.

I love Cartoon Network. I watch it at night though, when Futurama and Family Guy is on. What about Cow & Chicken? I use to love that show.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
I miss the 90's, I only lived six years of my life in them but still. Anyone remember Banana's in Pajamas? Now that I've grown older I think it was corny but I loved it growing up. What about Doug and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood? My sister and I were way too energetic and got into everything, but flip the T.V. on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and we'd sit indian style in front of the television all day, really we just watched it to sing the ending song.

EDIT: I just remembered another one, Gullah Gullah Island :p

I remember Mr. Rogers! That show was amazing and as child I always wanted to go visit him because I thought his neighborhood was real. Doug was cool, I even remember when they were promoting the movie, that they had some partnership with McDonald's and that in every Happy Meal you got a Doug toy, it was so cool!

I also really enjoyed Bananas in Pajamas too, and I believe they still play it here on some occasions.

Also, anyone remember the Power Rangers? That show is still on the air today, even after 16 and soon to be 17 seasons! I grew up playing with boys so of course I had to play Power Rangers with them. I was always the Pink Ranger because I always thought she was the prettiest. :P

As for music, I loved the Spice Girls growing up and still do today. I always admired Baby Spice (Emma Bunton) for some reason and had like all the dolls of her. I still really enjoy the Backstreet Boys too, I recently saw them in concert and they were just brilliant. It's like they've never aged and they had so much energy, it shocked me.
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheese
Also, anyone remember the Power Rangers? That show is still on the air today, even after 16 and soon to be 17 seasons! I grew up playing with boys so of course I had to play Power Rangers with them. I was always the Pink Ranger because I always thought she was the prettiest. :P

I was obsessed with the Power Rangers. I had a Pink Ranger costume when I was little. LOL & I had the Power Ranger toys that you could flip their heads to see the mask or their face. I still watch the movie. lol. It's so corny but I can't help but love it.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:01 PM
I remember Mr. Rogers! That show was amazing and as child I always wanted to go visit him because I thought his neighborhood was real.

Oh I know. For later 20th century kids Mr Rogers was pretty much a universal. Be it the 70's, 80's or 90's you turn on your PBS station in the late afternoon and you could pretty much count on him being on right after Sesame Street. My favorite parts were the "how they do it" film strips he showed on Picture Picture and the Neighborhood of Make Believe. Great times.

Oh man another constant. Although the earlier episodes are by far the best. You had more character continuity then rather than rebooting the franchise every year like they do now. Last watched it like a couple years ago. Want to say it was the Dino Thunder season. They had Tommy come full center and be the mentor to the current crop of Rangers and it made for a really neat dynamic. But rather than build on that group, they just kept cycling onward.

And you were so right about Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly being the prettiest back in those early eps. I was a good bit out of the target audience by the time the Power Rangers started but one of the reasons I watched anyway was because I crushed so hard for her.

As for music, I loved the Spice Girls growing up and still do today. I always admired Baby Spice (Emma Bunton) for some reason and had like all the dolls of her. I still really enjoy the Backstreet Boys too, I recently saw them in concert and they were just brilliant. It's like they've never aged and they had so much energy, it shocked me.

I kinda liked the Spice Girls too. And being a guy I know I was intended to have one of them I lusted for but I really didn't. Ginger's name seem to fit at times and Baby was always sweet and adorable. But they never appealed to me in quite "that" way. Did really enjoy the comraderie they had though

And man the Backstreet Boys. They were definitely my favorite of the 90's boy bands. I'd gone though high school in the 80's as a soft rock guy. So while I found all the boy bands hit or miss, when the Backstreet Boys were on their game, they could really bring back those happy memories.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:09 PM
Awww, childhood! *beams*

- As Told By Ginger
- Sabrina
- The Worst Witch
- Pokemon (I was soo obsessed)
- Tamagotchi's :D
- Beanie babies
- Art Attack!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 3:09 PM
It's kinda funny for a 15 year old guy like me. Still a good video though.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cappyboy
Oh man another constant. Although the earlier episodes are by far the best. You had more character continuity then rather than rebooting the franchise every year like they do now. Last watched it like a couple years ago. Want to say it was the Dino Thunder season. They had Tommy come full center and be the mentor to the current crop of Rangers and it made for a really neat dynamic. But rather than build on that group, they just kept cycling onward.

And you were so right about Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly being the prettiest back in those early eps. I was a good bit out of the target audience by the time the Power Rangers started but one of the reasons I watched anyway was because I crushed so hard for her.

Dino Thunder was awesome and I thought it was cool that Tommy came back, but to be honest, it wasn't why I started watching the show every now and then once again. I grew up with Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force, so I was used to somewhat "darker" plots (For Power Rangers anyways :P). So when I saw Dino Thunder, I thought it was such a nice change and was really interesting with all the pop culture influences brought to the show. I loved Kira out of all the characters because she was so easy to relate to and her personality really made her stand out.

Oh and since I didn't watch much MMPR, I was already use to them rebooting the franchise every season and in some ways it has backfired on them. These later seasons such as Operation Overdrive and Jungle Fury, haven't brought much to the table in terms of character focus episodes. We usually know at least two things about each ranger and then that's it. Well except for Red Ranger, where they have full focus basically the entire season. :P

Anyways, I just thought of another one, Sailor Moon. I loved that show and had like 2 VHS tapes of episodes! I even had the dolls for it and I was obsessed with Sailor Venus!
#23 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 1:52 AM
I was in love with the Power Rangers from 1994 when they first started until around 1998. I loved the original line up. These days whenever I see any of the Original group like Amy Jo Johnson, Archie Kao (I know he wasn't in the original line up but still) I expect them to magically transform into the Pink and Blue Rangers. The last episode I saw, was because I was really bored and it was on the weekend was one where they brought back Alpha 6, and the second guy that played the Red Ranger. I can't remember if it Adam or Rocky. Anyone remember Zordon and the Putty men? I used to pretend I was the pink ranger I hated being the pink ranger I always wanted to be the yellow ranger.

Another thing that I loved was Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The Backstreet Boys, love them. Always have, same with N Sync and 5ive. What can I say back in the day they were my favourites. Most girls loved one hated the others, but I couldn't do that.

There was also Danger Mouse, The Rescue Rangers and many more.