Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:10 PM
Default How do I convert TS3 Hair to TS2?
I'd be grateful to whomever can help me. Keep in mind that I am a n00b with common sense.
Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:21 PM
Start with the body meshing tutorials so you know the basics of how to use the tools - the Unimesh ones. Bodies and hair aren't that different. If you can manage that, then there are some add-on tutorials that explain the differences between hair and bodies. You'll need to be at a point where you can make edits to TS2 hair meshes and know what you're doing with that.

To get from TS3 to TS2, you'll need Milkshape, and to get the TS3 plugins that allow import of meshes... You'll need S3PE to extract the bits you need... You'll want the highest LOD, and to scale and adjust it to fit the TS2 head. May need to make other adjustments too, split it into layers the way TS2 hairs are laid out, and modify the TS3 textures to recolour them.

I know this is a little vague, but once you've got the basics of learning the TS2 side of meshing, it should make a lot more sense and you'll be able to actually do what you want once you have those starting skills.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.