Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:31 PM Last edited by Mia Moonstar : 31st Oct 2014 at 10:46 AM.
Default Missing GMDC for clothing (SOLVED)
I'm trying to make my own defaults of the school uniforms (for male and female, teen and child) but I can't find the GMDC for any of the outfits!
They show up correctly in CAS (except for the male outfits: I need to use debug mode) and on the students, so obviously the game needs to pull the mesh from somewhere?
This is what I've tried searching for, both with SimPE namemap search and manually trough the Base Game Sims03 file (where the GMDCs are supposed to be):

tmbodyopencoatlongpants_pvtschool
cmbodyopencoatlongpants_pvtschool
umbodyopencoatlongpants-pvtschool
tfbodyblazerpleats_pvtschool
cfbodyblazerpleats_pvtschool
ufbodyblazerpleats-pvtschool

All I find are TXTRs, TXMTs and LIFOs. I've tried other people's defaults and they turn up just fine too.

Quote:
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. - Colette
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:56 PM
_pvtschool is the recolour name; the mesh name is all the stuff before the _. Take off the _pvtschool and you'll find the meshes in Sims03.package.

Make sure you grab the regular meshes, not the LOD15s.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:15 PM
In Finder tab, namemap, regular expression
.*yourmeshname.* (yes, with a period and a *)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM
The teen and child files are there in Sims03. They're called:

tmBodyOpenCoatLongPants_tslocator_gmdc
cmBodyOpenCoatLongPants_tslocator_gmdc
tfBodyBlazerPleats_tslocator_gmdc
cfBodyBlazerPleats_tslocator_gmdc

The ones starting with "u" are not in that file. So I have no idea where the game is pulling them from, or what you need them for...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:14 AM
ufbodyblazerpleats uses the same mesh as tfBodyBlazerPleats, only the texture name is different and must be called for private school only.
I tried finding it too, and there is only texture files. But look at them...it is the same mesh, pretty sure.
Once you edit the tfBodyBlazerPleats, use the same texture and replace the ufbodyblazerpleats with it..if you want to make a default.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:45 AM
*facepalm* Feel like such an idiot. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, guys Off to make defaults then

Quote:
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. - Colette