Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 1:37 AM
I agree with Doc's point. It's all about the relationship and the context it's used in. I've seen girls who are best friends and they will call eachother insulting terms such as skank and not have a problem such because they know that they don't really see eachother as that. As strange as it is, I've seen alot of close relationships where those involved insulted eachother alot but didn't care because they knew the other didn't really mean it.

That's how it is with other races calling eachother their own racial slurs. When I'm called a paki by another Pakistani I know that they don't mean it in a demeaning way, it's just to make fun of the term. But if a non-Pakistani called me a paki, I wouldn't know whether they meant it in a demeaning way or not and that can cause alot of misunderstanding. Also, knowing how cowardly alot of bigots are they probably would lie about it too, so they could throw an insult at me without giving me a justafiable reason to call them out.

It's the same with other races and using their own racial slurs. For alot of slurs there's a history behind them and the remnants of that history can be found in the oppressed and the oppressors. Racism still runs rampant, and abuse of those words too. Personally, I would perfer if people from both sides just didn't use racial slurs. But I'm just tired of people crying about how they can't say nigger. You can, it's not like you'll get arrested or anything. No one is stopping you from using that word. Whining because you got a bad reaction from a black person is as pointless as whining because a guy you didn't know was fine with his best friend calling him an idiot but was mad when you called him that.

Page 2 of 2