Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 11:33 PM Last edited by aerosmithfan95 : 8th Feb 2011 at 12:40 AM.
Default Addig Memories Through SimPE
So, I have been using SimPE for a couple of days now. What I curently been doing is adding memories to the Sims of Bluewater Village. Now, what I did is gave Lisa Ramirez the memory "Got a Job", along with two "Got a Promtion" memories, then I placed her as a Nurse in the Medical career.

Now, here's the problem. When I go in game to make sure everything is correct, the is something weird. When I click on her "Got a Job" memory, the little picture is blank. It's supposed to show the medical career symbol, but it doesn't. Can some PLEASE help me figure this out??

Sorry if I sound like an idiot or I'm overreacting to something stupid, I just want to get it right. =P
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 12:19 AM
Terrible title. Please change it to something useful, like "Need help adding memories for sim". Also, one exclamation mark is more than sufficient.

Some memories require additional information, which is provided at the bottom of the plugin view. Let me find a "Got a Job" memory, so that I can tell you what parameters need to be set.

[Update:]

Looks like you may need to choose a subject of "Me" and then specify the job track as hex in the Raw Data area, because SimPE doesn't provide a text list of the job tracks.

Your best bet may be to find a sim with the "Got a Job" memory for the career track that you want, then copy those values to the Raw Data area, ensuring that you maintain your sim's UID.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Terrible title. Please change it to something useful, like "Need help adding memories for sim". Also, one exclamation mark is more than sufficient.

Some memories require additional information, which is provided at the bottom of the plugin view. Let me find a "Got a Job" memory, so that I can tell you what parameters need to be set.

[Update:]

Looks like you may need to choose a subject of "Me" and then specify the job track as hex in the Raw Data area, because SimPE doesn't provide a text list of the job tracks.

Your best bet may be to find a sim with the "Got a Job" memory for the career track that you want, then copy those values to the Raw Data area, ensuring that you maintain your sim's UID.

I'm a bit of a noob at SimPE,so can you explain that a little bit better. =P I found the Raw Data, but I don't know what to do from their. =P
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 10:49 PM
I'll have to think about how to explain this better... perhaps write a mini-tutorial for you. Whatever you do, be sure that you backup your entire save game folder before you start fooling around with the raw data, since it would be pretty easy to get it wrong.

Fooling around with memories can cause problems in the game if you don't do it properly. I wonder whether there's a simpler way for you to give your sim the "got a job" memory? For example, use a cheat in-game to give your sim the correct job, which should also give them the correct memory.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:16 AM
Ok, thanks. =)

I got another question, but it doesn't have to do with jobs. When I gave someone a memory of let's say "Got rejected from Private School", well in-game, the memory has a green background when it's supposed to have a red background. Do you know anythng about this??
Site Helper
#6 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:51 AM
There are probably two different "Got rejected from Private School" memories: one positive (green) and one negative (red). You've chosen the wrong one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
There are probably two different "Got rejected from Private School" memories: one positive (green) and one negative (red). You've chosen the wrong one.

Thanks!!

And I was asking because I picked both of the "So-and-so died" options and they were both green. =P
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 8:51 PM
to make the background red, go onto Raw Data and make the VERY FIRST LINE (0x0000) to 0x0004 and then the background will be red. To make a red one green, do the opposite.
Hope this helps!