Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 4:32 PM Last edited by suzannemariema : 30th Dec 2018 at 9:39 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default ANSWERED Inteen issue or intentional part of the mod?
Hey there!

I haven't seen an answer to my question, so I'm here!"

I've had no problems with inteen. I'm wondering if my current "issue" is intentional by the mod or if it's a glitch with the mod. Here's the scenario:

I have an adult female sim who is 5 days away from becoming an elder. I rolled a ROS that required her and her husband to woohoo many times. Her husband is an elder, and in my experience it's rare for an elder man to impregnate a lady, much less one who is so close to being an elder.

However, when I checked her biological clock the only options were "dispose" or "put away." *Usually* this means that the game is setting up a pregnancy, or at least that's what has always happened with my other sims when I see the same thing with their bio clock. However, it's been 24 hours (sim hours) since their last woohoo and the bio clock still only has those two options.

Anyone have an idea why that is?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 4:34 PM
Pretty sure it's part of the mod. I think Insim makes adults go over in a middle-age phase at around 5 days left to elder, so they won't get pregnant.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pretty sure it's part of the mod. I think Insim makes adults go over in a middle-age phase at around 5 days left to elder, so they won't get pregnant.

Thank you! I suspected as much, especially considering how close she was to getting old. I really didn't want them to have more children anyway. They are part of my BACC, and I've got new babies left and right from my younger couples.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Dec 2018 at 11:17 PM.
After a bit of investigation I figured it could possibly be part of the ingame mechanics. Couldn't find much in the Inteen info at Simbology, but the Sims Wiki says

Quote:
If a pregnant Sim becomes an elder, the baby will be lost. Normally, a Sim who is close enough to elder-hood for that to happen cannot become pregnant.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Pregnancy

Not sure if 5 days would count as too close to elderhood, but I wouldn't doubt it.

I've had Inteen for years, and I rarely let my adult sim reach elderhood, so there may be a few things I get mixed up...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:09 PM
5 days to elder is when females stop having the try for baby option, she can't get pregnant.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
5 days to elder is when females stop having the try for baby option, she can't get pregnant.

Good to know! I've never had this situation before, so I truly wasn't sure!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:12 PM
It's not inteen, this is vanilla game behavior. Any female sim 5 days away from elder can't try for baby
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
It's not inteen, this is vanilla game behavior. Any female sim 5 days away from elder can't try for baby

Yes, that's what I meant. I've never used Inteen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~