Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 9:09 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Oct 2014 at 1:15 AM.
Default Info | Sharing lots beyond the gallery
This was entirely written up by Christine11778; I only C+P it here so that it doesn’t get lost:

--

1. The first thing you need to do is find the “tray” folder:

2. Open the folder and go to the top and set “view” to “details” and then set “sort by” to “date modified”:

3. Now the files are sorted by date and time: the house I created is the eight files marked in purple (they all have the same modification date and there’s a “Blueprint” file among them).

(The files marked in red constitute a sim, not a lot – you can see that by the fact there’s a “householdbinary” file among them)

--

4. Make a rar/zip out of these and now you can share them like any other file –*the recipient only needs to unzip them and put the files in their Tray folder.

Thanks Christine, also for the screenshots!
Screenshots
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:54 PM
I did this but I can´t find the houses inside the game, only rooms....
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monica2m9
I did this but I can´t find the houses inside the game, only rooms....

Are you trying to install a house or save one?

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
See the menu at the top of the page? Create > Upload items (bottom right).

Sorry, I don't know where to look for "Create > Upload items (bottom right); can't find it on Main Menu, or my Neighborhood screen, or in Build/Buy.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:24 PM
veil, I was talking about the menu on this website, not the game =). The (now deleted) post above mine was asking for how/where to upload stuff here.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:20 PM
I downloaded Lassen's house today, unzipped the files, and moved all 7 files to a subfolder named Lassen in the Tray folder. I can't find the house in game. Is it because I put the files in a subfolder?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM
Yes. You can't subfolder Tray.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM
Thank you for the information.