Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 15th May 2013 at 4:28 PM
* de-lurks for a moment *

Just wanted to let you know that I am very excited to read about all the new goodies in the pending Sim Tracker "v2" & can't wait until its official release. It sounds wonderful!

Also, I saw were you asked about any possible interest for a Sims 1 version of Sim Tracker & while this is just my "two cents" talking, I think there would definitely be an interest in such a thing. Contrary to what many folks may believe the Sims 1 fan base is NOT dead & is actually growing. (Thank you Sims 3 for being so crappy that you have actually driven folks back to the original game! With luck your new friend Sims 4 will have the same effect for both Sims 1 & 2!)

I dunno if you have checked out "CTO Sims" or "Active Sims 1 Sites" yet, but if that doesn't tell you that the Sims 1 world is alive & well, I don't know what will!

CTO Sims (membership is required but worth it as it is THE place for all things Sims 1)
http://www.ctosims.com/

Active Sims 1 Sites of the World
https://sites.google.com/site/simsoftheworld/site-list

I actually installed Sims 1 on my laptop a few months back & have been having a blast! Sure, it isn't as awesome as Sims 2 is (for me) but it's still a lot of fun & brought back a lot of great memories for me.

Anyway that's my two cents.

Can't wait to see the new improved Sims 2 Sim Tracker & am thankful that you are plugging along despite the *silence* from the community.

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#152 Old 16th May 2013 at 2:03 PM
Thank you both for the comments. I am sure a lot of folks are looking forward to this upgrade, I know I am

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Inventor
#153 Old 19th May 2013 at 2:41 PM
Reba can I make a suggestion for inclusion? Can you make the traits (like skintones and eye colors) neighborhood specific? And which tabs are visible also neighborhood specific? I had (before my computer needed reformatting recently) one neighborhood where I default replaced the skintones with a set of colored skintones, thus I had renamed everything with the new color names (blue, yellow, pink, etc.) and have no desire to see pale, light, tan, and dark under my skintone drop-down menu, but I need them for a different neighborhood (which doesn't need the colored skintones visible). Also, the colored skin neighborhood doesn't need a lot of the tabs (magic for example) but my other neighborhoods do, and changing out which tabs appear every time I switch neighborhoods is a pain. So could the stuff we change in the neighborhood options be neighborhood-specific, b/c unless my tracker is malfunctioning, they obviously aren't.

In another note, I can't wait for this next version. Everything sounds amazing so far. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#154 Old 20th May 2013 at 8:39 PM
Violet, Those options are currently User dependent, so you could make a second user account to do what you are talking about, however, I can make the lists Hood dependent in this new version with little trouble. In fact, it would not be very hard to make it an option, so it can be done either way (Best of both worlds). The more suggestions I get now, the better.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 21st May 2013 at 3:50 AM
It took some doing but "Show Tabs" and "Sim Traits" can now be 'User' Dependent or 'Hood' Dependent.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#156 Old 21st May 2013 at 11:40 PM
Here is a new image of the Sim Tracker 2

The Notes Sections will, all, have a toolbar with "Save, Print, Print Preview, and Page Setup" buttons.

The Documents Tab will have a full featured (As full as I can make it) Rich Text Editor.

---
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 23rd May 2013 at 8:00 AM
I thought that I'd be out of ideas to put in because Sim Tracker has already been great and I have already suggested a lot. I just thought of something. Could there be a way to place information about Groups as in for outings and such? I have never really used them much mainly because I never really had a reason to, so it wasn't something that I thought of. Today, however, I was just thinking, "You know, I could use the group feature that came with Night Life for... hmm... Sim Tracker doesn't have that. Better tell Reba."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#158 Old 23rd May 2013 at 10:16 PM
That is something I can add (if not right away, then later), I'll need to figure out exactly what to do with it first though.
I've never used Groups either, so I am not sured how they work.

You will notice when I release this version I am making extensive use of toolbars, they allow me to do more things in less space.

---
Inventor
#159 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
It took some doing but "Show Tabs" and "Sim Traits" can now be 'User' Dependent or 'Hood' Dependent.
Thank you Reba! You're awesome!

Mad Poster
#160 Old 26th May 2013 at 7:44 PM
I am pretty excited that you're working on a new version...and can't wait for it to be released!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#161 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:30 PM
The new Sim Tracker 2 will be ready for beta testing soon, please send me an email to [email protected] to sign up to be a tester.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#162 Old 28th May 2013 at 11:50 PM
I am having some major financial problems (Car had to have new transmission). I don't normally ask for donations via the forums, but if anyone can donate (through paypal) it would be very helpful, and greatly appreciated.

If my next test on the new Sim Tracker goes well, I will be posting it at my skydrive for beta testing on saturday (6/1/13).

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#163 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 2:49 AM
Sim Tracker 2 is now in Beta Testing.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 2:47 AM
Icemandeaf and I are working hard to get this new Sim Tracker ready.

---
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 3:03 AM
It is really turning out to be great.
Inventor
#166 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 11:19 AM
I'd love to be able to help with the testing input, but my computer died right after I sent my email to volunteer to test. If you're still testing in a few months when I can afford to buy a new computer, I'll be glad to contribute then. If not, I'll just have to wait for the new version's release. ~VP

Mad Poster
#167 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 10:08 AM
I have a quick suggestion. I've just had a sim buy up a couple of restaurants and with owned restaurants, you can plan your own menus, so mine have different menus depending on the venue. Would it be possible to have something on the business page where we could note down what foods a restaurant serves?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#168 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 3:58 AM
sushigal007, there will be a notes section for businesses, where you could place that information.

If you have Auto Notes turned on it will not overwrite your notes, just add to them.

It would not be hard to add an inventory page, however.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#169 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 1:23 AM
Sim Tracker 2 will now have an inventory list for your businesses.

---
Mad Poster
#170 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 10:28 AM
Yay, thank you. :D
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:31 PM
Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that even though I just found out about this today, I'm REALLY excited for it! I have an overflowing 2" 3 ring binder dedicated to all my sims stuff and it would be nice to have it so much more organized!

I don't know if it has already been suggested or incorporated, but I know a lot of people do challenges for their games, would there be any way to set up various score cards in the tracker for these challenges?And/or even a 'random scenario' chart?

Challenge rules/scorecards take up A LOT of my binder space, because I like to do multiple at a time, or save them for a sim that seems appropriate for the challenge. I don't know how far you are with beta testing, but if you need anyone else, I'm willing to help.

Keep on keeping on!

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Instructor
#172 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:20 PM
When do you believe the offical date of the Sims Tracker? Also will there be instructions for slow (thick headed) sim players like myself to understand in simple terms? I'm sure it will be easy ti understand, but like I said I need like step by step guidelines and stuff. LOL.

Inventor
#173 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:19 AM
@NewSimgirl2011: I'm beta testing the new version (yay for getting a new (to me at least) computer!) and I can tell you that as long as you can use the first Sim Tracker, you will have no problems using the second one. Most things function just the same, they just might be located in a different spot than you're used to. ~VP

Instructor
#174 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:12 PM
The only problem @VioletPadfoot is that I didn't use the first Sim Tracker programme, I've only just heard about it. I know the shock of it! Lol. And I've only just been interested because I want to better track my Sims, so hopefully the beta tests will be fine and I'll wait for its realease.
Inventor
#175 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 2:21 AM
Oh! Sorry, I assumed you had been using the first one. It's really user friendly. I suggest getting the first one and using that to see if you like it and all. Especially since the new one has an import feature. At least I think it does. I haven't investigated that yet since my old Sim Tracker files got wiped out when my computer died. But I'm pretty sure Reba mentioned it way back in the thread due to a user request. ~VP

Page 7 of 9