Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 4:29 AM
Default "Boo yeah, that was a great week"
the other day while playing my sims i got a pop up message in the corner that said "boo yeah, that was a great week! lets make next week more of the same!" i have NEVER seen this before! i thought it was so weird! has anyone else ever seen it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 4:35 AM
It's one of the EPs that triggers it (can't remember which). At he end of the week (or start of the new?) they'll tell you how good or bad the week has been for them. That's probably one of the 'good week' messages. I tend to get them if I actually play through a whole week with a sim family (it's Monday all year long in my story lots, to hinder the schoolbus from coming).
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 5:16 AM
A Sim family usually receives a good week message if their aspiration levels have been filled up often into the gold or platinum levels. If their aspiration levels haven't be fulfilled (or have been deducted due to fears being fulfilled), then they will display a this-week-has-been-terrible message.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Inventor
#4 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 5:48 AM
I always "hear" that message in Stuart Scott's voice. Yes, I have watched way too much ESPN over the years.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's one of the EPs that triggers it (can't remember which). At he end of the week (or start of the new?) they'll tell you how good or bad the week has been for them. That's probably one of the 'good week' messages. I tend to get them if I actually play through a whole week with a sim family (it's Monday all year long in my story lots, to hinder the schoolbus from coming).

now it makes more sense, i usually never stick to one household for a week, im always getting bored after 2 days and making new families haha so i never had a chance to see it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 6:43 AM
also off topic, how do i change the timezone on this site? it seems to be american timezones and i want australian ones
Alchemist
#7 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adelemuller
also off topic, how do i change the timezone on this site? it seems to be american timezones and i want australian ones

User tools>control panel>edit options.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:03 AM
This annoying feature comes with Freetime
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:23 PM
It's annoying mostly because it's sort of broken. In the sense that a Sim could be in aspiration failure on Monday, but if you manage to get them back to platinum before that report generates, it'll still be their greatest week ever. Which is asinine. I modded it out a long time ago. The mod I use is on this page: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 1:17 PM
I like the description lol.

"Stops the idiotic dialog every week from sims about their aspiration score since even if their entire family died last week, if you happen to get them platinum right before the dialog pops it will be the best week ever. Stupid Eaxis."

My sim had a miserable tour while on holiday once. While she was puking on the pavement after the tour bus pulled up she got the best week ever message. *facepalm*
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:47 PM
One of my Sims recently had a family member die. Their aspiration bar plummeted to aspiration failure. After being revived by the Therapist, he picked up the phone and called a friend. After a few minutes, the two became best friends, fulfilling his want for 30 Best Friends. His aspiration bar shot up to platinum, and then he told me he had the best week ever. Yeah, what a good family you have here.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 7:13 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten that before. But it may be because I tend to skip around a bit with households. I usually try to play every household from Monday to Wednesday before I start a new rotation that goes from Thursday to Sunday. So if I do, I'm probably too busy with other parts of gameplay, or I'm simply just not paying enough attention.