Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 7:54 PM Last edited by anadandy : 21st Apr 2011 at 8:45 PM.
Default TSM Developer Chat - new update coming April 28
I'm watching the live developer chat right now, and Lead Designer, Eric Holmberg-Weidler just announced a pretty significant update scheduled to come out Thursday, April 28. The sound on the chat is horrendous, but here are the things I caught.

- More 360 ability for lot cameras
- Ability to take some equipment with your CO hero when starting a new kingdom
- Children will be able to succeed their Hero parent. The way I understood it, when a Hero Sim dies, if they have any offspring there will be an option to have that offspring replace the parent. He said something about that new hero not having to start from scratch, but the rest was unintelligible so I don't what he meant.

[Update]
They're posting some of the chat on Facebook - (I fixed their typos):

Quote:
"At the end of an ambition you have the chance to carry over one hero to your next kingdom. With the upcoming patch that Hero will retain all their abilities and levels. That means your wizard can become an incredible Monarch (that can still cast spells and do everything a Wizard could do)!"

Quote:
The upcoming patch adds genetics so that your Hero's children will carry a blend of traits, abilitites, etc. from the parents.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:17 PM
Yeah, I was in the chat and couldn't hear a damn thing, lol... gave up after 15 mins, so I'm hoping they put up a list of the modifications that's coming with the update
Sounds good so far though :D

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:21 PM
Sounds like they've lurking around the forums and heard the people complain!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Sounds like they've lurking around the forums and heard the people complain!

We can only hope, alexp, we can only hope!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy

- More 360 ability for lot cameras
- Ability to take some equipment with your CO hero when starting a new kingdom
- Children will be able to succeed their Hero parent.

Yayyyy!!!!! Yayy!!! That's definitely a good start! Wahooooo!!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:51 PM
I hope they make wives/husbands playable characters who can actually help with quests. (I know, i can do this via mods too, but i want this to be integrated into the game from the beginning )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:55 PM
The full list from Facebook. Endgame improvements made me squee

Quote:
Update 1.3 is on the horizon and filled with player requests, more freeplay options, your children can replace a fallen hero, camera upgrades, and more! Here is a list of what will be included in the upcoming patch.

* New Feature: Free Play Ambition - Set up your perfect kingdom without worrying about long term goals. In this special ambition, you can play quests when you wish, or control up to four heroes at once in a more open free play mode.

* New Feature: Child Succession - If a Hero Sim dies, but already has children, you can choose to have one of the children grow up and take over their parent's job!

* Camera improvements - Have you ever wanted to get a better view of the action? The camera now allows tighter zooming and full 360 rotation in buildings.

* End Game Improvements - Similar to the Free Play Ambition, can now play quests, earn XP, and build buildings even after your ambition is completed!

* Hero Leveling Improvements - Can now gain XP beyond level 10 for all heroes, giving additional benefits.

* Brave New World Quest Improvements – When you complete the quest "Brave New World" and start a new ambition with that character, he or she will now retain several abilities from their previous profession!

* Kingdom Aspect Improvements - Can now gain additional benefits when increasing aspects beyond their maximum capacity

* Ambition Improvements – Certain ambitions now allow one or two additional buildings to be placed at the start.

* Increased the maximum number of residents in a household from four to five. Go ahead and have another child!

* Implemented game stability improvements that affected some players.

* Adjusted several quests for clarity.

* Fixed several bugs related to staying on a quest for a long period of time.

* Improved detection of monitor resolution for some hardware configurations.

* Fixed a variety of issues in Create-A-Sim.

* Fixed several text and art inconsistencies.
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for that list, anadandy - is much appreciated for those, like myself, who missed a lot of the info 'cos we couldn't hear, lol!

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:28 PM
Nice news! Hope that they fixed blue eyes too, when talking about cas:
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM
Wow, nice list! I can't believe we're getting all that and without even having to wait for an expansion pack. It's a rare gesture of generosity on EA's part.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 11:20 PM
YES!!!! thank you EA!!! you finally listened to us!

now i'm waiting for them to bring back build mode.(i.e. lockable doors)

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Thanks for that list, anadandy - is much appreciated for those, like myself, who missed a lot of the info 'cos we couldn't hear, lol!

I know, right? I kept thinking "This guy is a game developer but he can't figure out how to turn up his mic??" I figured I couldn't be the only one.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 11:08 AM
Default Update 1.3 is on the horizon and filled with player requests, more freeplay options, your children can replace a fallen hero, camera upgrades, and more!
Found this on simprograms. It's like a dream came true, and they make very much things, that are missing. Is this really true?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5592709.page
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:10 PM
I really hope it's true, 'cause all of that sounds wonderful
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DHNightshadow
Found this on simprograms. It's like a dream came true, and they make very much things, that are missing. Is this really true?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5592709.page

This same thing was in thesimsmedieval.com so I would presume it is valid.

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:20 PM
Thank-you...very interesting, indeed. I look forward to the new patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:42 PM
Yes, it's true - I posted about it yesterday.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440429

The info came directly from a live chat with the lead game designer.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy
Yes, it's true - I posted about it yesterday.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440429

The info came directly from a live chat with the lead game designer.

Thanks, did not see your post before.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 5:10 PM
That's really great. I'm glad the developers are taking such an active part in keeping the game running smoothly and even improving it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:27 PM
Definitely look forward to this. Maybe the game will feel a little more finished.

I like the idea of bonuses beyond level 10, and especially carry over abilities to new kingdoms. Will actually be a reason to bring over someone from a previous kingdom other then free levels.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:33 PM
I like the sound of the improvements but I can't help but feel like the game should have shipped this way. It's like we are still beta testing what should have been a finished product. I sure hope the blue eye bug is fixed, too.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 1:05 AM
All that stuff is great, but I need a fix for the borked pregnancy. Heirs do me no good if I can't actually produce them. ):
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 7:09 PM
This is good news indeed and maybe I'll get TSM.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 7:59 PM
I'm glad for the improvements but I'm still hoping for an EP and maybe an additional kingdom.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 8:05 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. Though now I need to make a kingdom with some crazy evil wizard, finish it, and then transport her to another kingdom to be a Sorceress Queen...hm...Sounds fun and like it will take way too much of my time
Page 1 of 2