Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:41 PM Last edited by brett : 26th Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Peggy hair for children problem? [UNSOLVED]
Since I patched to 1.26 and installed Pets, none of my peggyzone child and toddler hair shows up ingame and all my child sims are replaced with a default hair mesh. There are also a few more clothing items that do not show up anymore ingame.

I was wondering if this was just me or if the patch broke the mods? And what could I do to fix it?

Thanks!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 4:46 PM
Seems to be a lot of issues cropping up with Peggy hairs. Have any of you contacted her and get her opinion on what's gone wrong?
If it is only happening with her hairs, then stop using them is one option...

Or is this affecting all CC kiddie hairs? The creators need to be notified too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:29 PM
I just sent her an e-mail, so we'll see what the response is.

And it seemed to only be peggy hair with no accessories. The hair with accessories all showed up fine... Almost all of my child hair is peggy, so its hard for me to tell if its more than just her hairs...

Ran it through the TSR tool, no results, but I didn't expect that to fix it, just thought I'd let ya know I tried.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:37 AM
A lot of my peggy hairs (and I think a couple that are unrelated), child and adult ones alike aren't showing up either since the patch. It's really annoying. :\ Hopefully she'll be able to update them or something soon. Just know you aren't alone. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I thought I did something wrong. XD
Inventor
#5 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:49 AM
Let's also hope that the fix is something easy. After all, Peggy has a shit ton of CC hairs out there and it would be really sad if she had to do a lot of work to get them functioning properly in-game again. *sad face* I feel bad for all the modders/creators.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:11 PM
Aww I was coming on here for exactly the same thing. Was hoping there was something quick I could do. I absolutely detest the EA hair especially for toddlers/children. Guess I won't be updating my story for a while. Hopefully Peggy will get around to fixing it soon.

Glad to see it isn't just me or something I did.
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:23 PM
Are the Peggy hairs you people having trouble with straight from Peggy, or are they re-textures, etc?
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:56 PM
Honestly I'm not really sure. I'm quite new to CC and only have about 6 hairs, all from Peggy and they all have her logo in the corner in game when you go to pick a hairstyle. They were the all age hairs. They still show up for teens and up, just not for toddlers or children.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Are the Peggy hairs you people having trouble with straight from Peggy, or are they re-textures, etc?
Straight from peggyzone's website.

Quote: Originally posted by Demenshia
Honestly I'm not really sure. I'm quite new to CC and only have about 6 hairs, all from Peggy and they all have her logo in the corner in game when you go to pick a hairstyle. They were the all age hairs. They still show up for teens and up, just not for toddlers or children.
I have about 50 different hairs from peggy, and none are working with children. I haven't checked the other ages because I mainly use her hairs for children.
Oh, and since your new to CC, just a tip, never get to where I am and have 600+ packages... It is horrible to update... Plus it slows up your game...

On a side note, I still haven't gotten a response from her yet.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:54 PM
Well most of the hair I have were for all ages, so I just double checked and they all still show up for teen and above, just not for below.

Wow, 600? I couldn't imagine keeping up with that much of it. I mainly just do hair since the default EA hair is awful. I checked out her website and the forums on there but they look all but abandoned. I didn't see any recent posts over there, so I might just have to go looking for a new designer for the kid's hair.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:59 PM
I checked out her website and the forums on there but they look all but abandoned. I didn't see any recent posts over there, so I might just have to go looking for a new designer for the kid's hair.

I sent her an email to an address that I got on the support section of her site, but yeah, her site looks abandoned.

If you find another good designer, let me know
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:28 PM
Will do Unfortunately most of the nice ones seemed to only be for teen and up so keeping my fingers crossed lol.
Alchemist
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brett
Straight from peggyzone's website.

In that case, have you tried downloading some conversions of the hair(s) in question? Could solve the issue, and give you better looking textures to boot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:57 PM
In that case, have you tried downloading some conversions of the hair(s) in question? Could solve the issue, and give you better looking textures to boot.

I haven't seen any of the child hairs converted/retextured anywhere else... Have you?
Alchemist
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:18 PM
I haven't seen any of the child hairs converted/retextured anywhere else... Have you?

Have you checked out: http://anubis360.blogspot.com ?

Seems like they are all "Pooklet'd for all ages".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:12 PM
Have you checked out: http://anubis360.blogspot.com ?

Seems like they are all "Pooklet'd for all ages".

Wow, never seen this site before. I'll try out those packages and see what the results are.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
That's actually where I got most of mine. I'm wondering if it isn't all toddler/child hair as I have some by Newsea as well that aren't showing up. But they all show up fine for the teen and up ages. Maybe they changed the way the child/toddler hair works or something and that is why they no longer show up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:04 PM
That's actually where I got most of mine. I'm wondering if it isn't all toddler/child hair as I have some by Newsea as well that aren't showing up. But they all show up fine for the teen and up ages. Maybe they changed the way the child/toddler hair works or something and that is why they no longer show up.

yeah I tried some from there and they didn't show up either. Its not all the child hair that is affected, though, because I still have a few that work.

Eventually, some creator should realize that they're not working and hopefully fix the problem.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:18 PM
The same thing is happening for me. I am very frustrated and just emailed Peggy. Hopefully she'll fix this soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Erica152
The same thing is happening for me. I am very frustrated and just emailed Peggy. Hopefully she'll fix this soon!

I emailed her 5 days ago. Still no response.
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:48 PM
My Peggy hairs for children and toddlers, and some for teen-elder are not working, and some of my clothes are also not working. My furniture doesn't work either, seems like a lot of people are having that problem. I think I'm gonna re-install and manually patch because I am getting frustrated with this.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:12 PM
All of my child/toddler Peggy hairs are not showing up, and most of mine are retextures from Anubis or Lotus. Just wanted to add my two cents.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:43 AM
This issue is still unresolved... Hoping to get some help from some creators soon.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:30 AM
I emailed her 5 days ago. Still no response.

Uggh! She has to be aware of it...maybe she's working on it. Until something happens, I have to find hair for my sim daughter!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:12 AM
Peggy uses her own "special" tools to make hair which have always been largely incompatible with mainstream tools, so it's not surprising to hear that her hairs have been broken by a patch. People have also said that some NewSea hairs are affected - any other creators? It'd be good to be able to establish a pattern.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 1 of 2