Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 4:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default Question about a PC I want to get please help if you can
My toshiba laptop can not handle my game. It only has 2.1 gHz processor so it freezes and I wanna finish gaming. Someone is offering me a tower for $249 not sure if it worth it and can't find much on it.

It is a Dell i7 920 t3500 with 4GB ddr3 ram 1 Gb ati 7000 video card pci e series. I don't know how many Ghz yet but from research it may be 2.6. Will this be able to run the game with many Eps and custom content? I really wanna get back to gaming I haven't even been able to play pets or seasons I am so eager lol.

Also is it worth the price or should I negotiate or look around thrift stores for a tower or craigslist or eBay?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 6:03 PM
em... my laptop has only outdated, budget type 1.6GHz 2-core Intel, with budget Nvidia GT520M and 6GB RAM onboard also (Win7 64b). And while game experience is far from "excellent" (well - it *is* quite good if it's not snowing ingame and I use no cc directory) it's still able to handle full EP game with mods like Nraas SP enabled until population hits about 80 sims.

So... Am I heroic or something?

Quote:
It is a Dell i7 920 t3500 with 4GB ddr3 ram 1 Gb ati 7000 video card pci e series

*more RAM* I'd say

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
em... my laptop has only outdated, budget type 1.6GHz 2-core Intel, with budget Nvidia GT520M and 6GB RAM onboard also (Win7 64b). And while game experience is far from "excellent" (well - it *is* quite good if it's not snowing ingame and I use no cc directory) it's still able to handle full EP game with mods like Nraas SP enabled until population hits about 80 sims.

So... Am I heroic or something?

*more RAM* I'd say

Do you think it's worth the price? I only have 4 ram on my laptop and also updated to Windows 10... Not sure if that's why too. It was struggling before but now sucks. It was ok until I added seasons but even when I take some of the EP off it still sucks!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:18 AM
@LexCee,
you'd need to find out its exact tech specs, because according to http://www.dell.com/downloads/globa..._spec_sheet.pdf the base tower could be outfitted with several configurations. And also, if the previous owner had made any upgrades to it since its purchase? Ask them if they can attach the DxDiag to you in an email and you can in turn post the info here.

According to that specs, it has an Intel Xeon but you were told it has i7 920 CPU which is quite good in its day but not as good as that Xeon (@2008-2010 depending on the tower's release date) and a mid-to-high end range of GPU. So if Sims 3 (or 4) is the only game(s) you play, this tower might tide you over for the next 6months to a year depending on how it is running now and your usage patterns. But it might not last longer than that. So if this is the time period you'd take to save up to get a better machine, I say go for it.

Otherwise, might be wise to just stop playing for a while while you save up for a better and newer machine.
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LexCee
My toshiba laptop can not handle my game. It only has 2.1 gHz processor so it freezes and I wanna finish gaming. Someone is offering me a tower for $249 not sure if it worth it and can't find much on it.

It is a Dell i7 920 t3500 with 4GB ddr3 ram 1 Gb ati 7000 video card pci e series. I don't know how many Ghz yet but from research it may be 2.6. Will this be able to run the game with many Eps and custom content? I really wanna get back to gaming I haven't even been able to play pets or seasons I am so eager lol.

Also is it worth the price or should I negotiate or look around thrift stores for a tower or craigslist or eBay?

Why don't you post your device config here, maybe your Toshiba laptop is not so bad after all, because TS3 don't really needs high spec to run anyway, 2.1Ghz processor isn't bad for TS3, most problem with freeze/lag is because of bad cc and/or conflicting mods, maybe you also need to re-install your OS with fresh and clean installation, if you have at least 4gb RAM installed already in your Toshiba and your Toshiba's gpu is at least Intel HD 3000 , why not spent the $249 on SSD or add more ram (or both), because TS3 don't really needs expensive graphic card to run either, even if you have one you still need FPS limiter to protect it, what you need is a clean OS from malware/virus and good cc or mods so your TS3 runs reasonably good in your laptop..

I'm not saying it isn't worth it to get that Dell, but why not check on what you have already, because if you can get SSD and more RAM for $249.. that's worth it, you can always keep them for future use if you decided to replace your Toshiba with a newer one
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I wouldn't take that desktop if he PAID me $250.

First of all, i7-920 is a weak CPU for an i7 and is also outdated. For crying outloud, it is from 2008! He's probably upgrading that is why he's trying to get rid of this system.

ATI Radeon 7000 is decent, but I'd prefer Nvidia GPUs for compatibility issues. Still, it is a 1GB card, and just as old as the CPU imho. I need to know the exact brand specs to tell you more.

But most importantly, you can't run squat these days on 4 GB of RAM, so unless you're willing to shell out more cash to upgrade the RAM, this system is a lemon. It is only good for people with tech background who likes to play around and "soup up" an old system for fun. But I still wouldn't pay anything for it.

Why in the world would you do that? I wouldn't even recommend running Win 7 on 4GB of RAM.

Idk I'm not all that techy I think I read games run better when you update it was offering a free update so I did it. Everything was fine until I got seasons. Now it freezes within five minutes even if I don't run seasons. Maybe it could be mods but everything was fine until seasons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@LexCee,
you'd need to find out its exact tech specs, because according to http://www.dell.com/downloads/globa..._spec_sheet.pdf the base tower could be outfitted with several configurations. And also, if the previous owner had made any upgrades to it since its purchase? Ask them if they can attach the DxDiag to you in an email and you can in turn post the info here.

According to that specs, it has an Intel Xeon but you were told it has i7 920 CPU which is quite good in its day but not as good as that Xeon (@2008-2010 depending on the tower's release date) and a mid-to-high end range of GPU. So if Sims 3 (or 4) is the only game(s) you play, this tower might tide you over for the next 6months to a year depending on how it is running now and your usage patterns. But it might not last longer than that. So if this is the time period you'd take to save up to get a better machine, I say go for it.

Otherwise, might be wise to just stop playing for a while while you save up for a better and newer machine.
id like a new PC but life happens sometimes and you never know if I will need to pay a bill instead of get that new PC I was saving for. I emailed him to run the DXdiag and when I get it I will post here. Thank you all so much for your opinions and help because I was gonna trade in my laptop and other PC towards this tower. Someone else was telling me to go for this one because it isn't a bad machine and better then some laptops someone else is offering.

Another man has an Hp 6930p for sale he said I could game on it but I'm hearing it might not be much better than the laptop I already have. So I will post once he gives me additional info.

The tower has Windows 7 ultimate on it he says.

He says I won't find many towers at that price with 1gb of video card.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 4:02 PM Last edited by LexCee : 2nd Jan 2016 at 4:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Why don't you post your device config here, maybe your Toshiba laptop is not so bad after all, because TS3 don't really needs high spec to run anyway, 2.1Ghz processor isn't bad for TS3, most problem with freeze/lag is because of bad cc and/or conflicting mods, maybe you also need to re-install your OS with fresh and clean installation, if you have at least 4gb RAM installed already in your Toshiba and your Toshiba's gpu is at least Intel HD 3000 , why not spent the $249 on SSD or add more ram (or both), because TS3 don't really needs expensive graphic card to run either, even if you have one you still need FPS limiter to protect it, what you need is a clean OS from malware/virus and good cc or mods so your TS3 runs reasonably good in your laptops p..

I'm not saying it isn't worth it to get that Dell, but why not check on what you have already, because if you can get SSD and more RAM for $249.. that's worth it, you can always keep them for future use if you decided to replace your Toshiba with a newer one

I can try taking out all my cc and see what happens. I did get a bunch of new heels for my game but I got them from TSR3 or some other popular site. How can I reinstall my OS and how do I get you the report you wanna see? I want my game to run like Lifesimmer on YouTube fast and smooth or as close to it as possible.

I was under the impression I could not upgrade my laptop, can I? I would hate to let it go if I don't have to. It's not the best but I don't mind saving money right now if I can.

I have a Toshiba satellite L745-s4210 anything else needed let me know.
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:38 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:59 PM.
I can try taking out all my cc and see what happens. I did get a bunch of new heels for my game but I got them from TSR3 or some other popular site. How can I reinstall my OS and how do I get you the report you wanna see? I want my game to run like Lifesimmer on YouTube fast and smooth or as close to it as possible.

I was under the impression I could not upgrade my laptop, can I? I would hate to let it go if I don't have to. It's not the best but I don't mind saving money right now if I can.

I have a Toshiba satellite L745-s4210 anything else needed let me know.

You can try to move your TS3 folder from your Documents folder to desktop or anywhere and test run your game. What I mean with device config is, go to your TS3 folder in your Documents folder, there's a file with DeviceConfig name, double click on it or open it with notepad, and then post it here.

Technically you can upgrade your laptop but only few certain things, you can replace your hard drive with SSD (only if your HDD connector is SATA II at least, SSD won't fit/work with IDE HDD connector), buy external box to make your HDD from your laptop an external HDD to store your data or make back ups, you can add more RAM if your laptop have two RAMs slot, and if you lucky you can change your processor with a faster one as long as is compatible with your laptop motherboard (I recently got Core i5 to replace my Core i3 with the same socket platform for my laptop from ebay).

Note (edited): How to know your HDD is SATA II compatible? Open your laptop back case, remove your HDD if you have to, usually it's written on your HDD sticker: SATA II 3GB/s, most SSD is SATA III 6GB/s compatible, but it works fine with SATA II 3GB/s compatible.

You can reinstall your OS if you have your OS original disc, check in the back of your laptop if you have Certificate of Authenticity sticker for your Windows OS, write down its key number, if you don't have copy of your Windows OS disc you can download it from the internet and then use your key number for re-installation and to re-activate it. ONLY do this if you think your laptop overall performance is really slow, let alone gaming, loading your windows like taking you forever for instance, if you have too many things you don't know you got from the internet, it can slow down your laptop's performance, but you don't necessary to re-install your OS though, you can try using Disk Clean up, defrag your HDD, scan your system for malware or virus, if still doesn't help, then go ahead re-install it with fresh and clean installation, make sure you have all your hardware drivers ready for your OS before you re-install it otherwise it won't run properly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:08 PM
I've been looking into upgrading my Ram and it does seem possible, but what will this help as far as gameplay? Will it possibly help with lagging?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:14 PM
You can try to move your TS3 folder from your Documents folder to desktop or anywhere and test run your game. What I mean with device config is, go to your TS3 folder in your Documents folder, there's a file with DeviceConfig name, double click on it or open it with notepad, and then post it here.

Technically you can upgrade your laptop but only few certain things, you can replace your hard drive with SSD (only if your HDD connector is SATA II at least, SSD won't fit/work with IDE HDD connector), buy external box to make your HDD from your laptop an external HDD to store your data or make back ups, you can add more RAM if your laptop have two RAMs slot, and if you lucky you can change your processor with a faster one as long as is compatible with your laptop motherboard (I recently got Core i5 to replace my Core i3 with the same socket platform for my laptop from ebay).

Note (edited): How to know your HDD is SATA II compatible? Open your laptop back case, remove your HDD if you have to, usually it's written on your HDD sticker: SATA II 3GB/s, most SSD is SATA III 6GB/s compatible, but it works fine with SATA II 3GB/s compatible.

You can reinstall your OS if you have your OS original disc, check in the back of your laptop if you have Certificate of Authenticity sticker for your Windows OS, write down its key number, if you don't have copy of your Windows OS disc you can download it from the internet and then use your key number for re-installation and to re-activate it. ONLY do this if you think your laptop overall performance is really slow, let alone gaming, loading your windows like taking you forever for instance, if you have too many things you don't know you got from the internet, it can slow down your laptop's performance, but you don't necessary to re-install your OS though, you can try using Disk Clean up, defrag your HDD, scan your system for malware or virus, if still doesn't help, then go ahead re-install it with fresh and clean installation, make sure you have all your hardware drivers ready for your OS before you re-install it otherwise it won't run properly.

Ok right now I am defrag and will also run disk clean up. My computer isn't running slow at all outside of the game it's actually a little faster: I will look into this folder and copy and paste what I find shortly. I really don't have that much CC but I really don't wanna lose what I do have if I can.

Oh btw I notice that my Origin and Sims is running in 32 bit mode and my OS is 64 could this cause any issues and if so how do I change Origin to 64 bit?
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:22 PM
I've been looking into upgrading my Ram and it does seem possible, but what will this help as far as gameplay? Will it possibly help with lagging?

Yes more rams will help gameplay, but freeze/lagging is usually because of bad cc or mods, TS3 is a 32 bit program so it's fine with just only 2 or 3 GB ram maximum as is maximum reads for 32bit OS, try to remove your TS3 folder from your Documents folder (that's including your saved games) and run the game with a new game.
Instructor
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:26 PM
Ok right now I am defrag and will also run disk clean up. My computer isn't running slow at all outside of the game it's actually a little faster: I will look into this folder and copy and paste what I find shortly. I really don't have that much CC but I really don't wanna lose what I do have if I can.

Oh btw I notice that my Origin and Sims is running in 32 bit mode and my OS is 64 could this cause any issues and if so how do I change Origin to 64 bit?

Just move your TS3 to desktop or anywhere else for the time being, you won't loose any of them, you can always put them back in.

Your 64 bit OS is fine to run 32 bit program, that's not the cause of your issues at all.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:26 PM

here is the info from the notepad:

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2095 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2393 RAM: 4043 Adjusted RAM: 3531 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
Family: 6
Model: 10
Cores: 2
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 4043MB
Free memory: 815MB
User: Lex
Computer: LEX-PC
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Name (database): Mobile SandyBridge GT2 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0116, Board: fcd01179, Chipset: 0009
Driver: igdumd32.dll, Version: 9.17.10.4229, GUID: D7B78E66-4256-11CF-4C62-DADCB7C2C435
Driver version: 4229
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 1632MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 0
LightingQuality 1
GeneralReflections 0
TextureQuality 1
VisualEffects 1
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 1
TreeQuality 1
DrawDistance 1
MaxActiveLots 1
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 2
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 1
EdgeScrollingWarning 0
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 164527
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 1
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 0
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 0
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 0
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 1
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 1
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 0
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
=== Default Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 0
LightingQuality 2
GeneralReflections 1
TextureQuality 2
VisualEffects 2
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 2
TreeQuality 2
DrawDistance 2
MaxActiveLots 2
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 2
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 0
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 1
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 1
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 1
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 1
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 1
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 1
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 0
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:30 PM
Yes more rams will help gameplay, but freeze/lagging is usually because of bad cc or mods, TS3 is a 32 bit program so it's fine with just only 2 or 3 GB ram maximum as is maximum reads for 32bit OS, try to remove your TS3 folder from your Documents folder (that's including your saved games) and run the game with a new game.
so just move the folder to the desktop and start a new game?

i'm scared of this disk clean up because it's saying I won't be able to restore if I clean it up my previous windows installation, but then i'm kinda like does it really matter since I updated the OS anyways?
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:31 PM
here is the info from the notepad:

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2095 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2393 RAM: 4043 Adjusted RAM: 3531 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
Family: 6
Model: 10
Cores: 2
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 4043MB
Free memory: 815MB
User: Lex
Computer: LEX-PC
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Name (database): Mobile SandyBridge GT2 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0116, Board: fcd01179, Chipset: 0009
Driver: igdumd32.dll, Version: 9.17.10.4229, GUID: D7B78E66-4256-11CF-4C62-DADCB7C2C435
Driver version: 4229
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 1632MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

Your laptop is more than just okay to play TS3!!! You don't need to trade it yet, just add more ram to 8 or 16gb, and get SSD if you can, it's SSD compatible already, just fix your cc and mods, upgrade to Win 10 when you get your SSD, it will be much faster than Windows 8..
Instructor
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:34 PM
so just move the folder to the desktop and start a new game?

i'm scared of this disk clean up because it's saying I won't be able to restore if I clean it up my previous windows installation, but then i'm kinda like does it really matter since I updated the OS anyways?

yes, move it to desktop, and start new game, note: don't forget to run FPS limiter!! it will protect your HD 3000 and help improving gameplay too

Uncheck previous windows installation if you want to keep it, but why would you need it unless you want to go back?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:34 PM
Your laptop is more than just okay to play TS3!!! You don't need to trade it yet, just add more ram to 8 or 16gb, and get SSD if you can, it's SSD compatible already, just fix your cc and mods, upgrade to Win 10 when you get your SSD, it will be much faster than Windows 8..

YEA!!!! How can I tell what mods are the issues. I am assuming it's the shoes or clothes. My NRASS mods were all up to date with my sims 3 patch. other than Nrass I just have clothes for custom content.

do you think my lap top is even enough to run seasons?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:38 PM
yes, move it to desktop.

Uncheck previous windows installation if you want to keep it, but why would you need it unless you want to go back?

I guess I don't it just sounds scary. so when I upgrade I won't have Windows 10 anymore cause I got it for free my computer offered it, so it won't be there anymore? how does that work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:44 PM
Moved to the desktop now I guess I should wait for the defrag to finish before attempting to play again right?

When I do get ready to try to play again I just open through Origin as usual right?
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:49 PM
I guess I don't it just sounds scary. so when I upgrade I won't have Windows 10 anymore cause I got it for free my computer offered it, so it won't be there anymore? how does that work?

Your current system is Win 8, you need to upgrade it first to Win 10 and activate your Win 10 by connecting to the internet. After that install your new SSD into your laptop, install fresh and clean win 10 to your SSD, activate it again, and your done, you got yourself win 10 in your laptop, no matter how many times you change hard drive or SSD and reinstall win 10, your copy of win 10 is already reserved for your laptop, as long as you don't change your motherboard or get a new laptop, your win 10 stays with your laptop no matter how many times you re-activate your new win 10 re-installation, that's how it works.

And as for how to fix your CC and Mods, go here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Graphics_Issues and follow its steps to determine your cc or mods problem
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:52 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:02 PM.
Moved to the desktop now I guess I should wait for the defrag to finish before attempting to play again right?

When I do get ready to try to play again I just open through Origin as usual right?

yep

and your laptop can handle even if you install all EPs and SPs, just make sure you don't have bad cc and/or mods, always run FPS limiter cause it's also improves your gameplay besides protecting your gpu, and only update TS3 up to 1.67, don't update it with the latest november update, a lot of people having trouble with the latest TS3 update.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:18 PM
yep

and your laptop can handle even if you install all EPs and SPs, just make sure you don't have bad cc and/or mods, always run FPS limiter cause it's also improves your gameplay besides protecting your gpu, and only update TS3 up to 1.67, don't update it with the latest november update, a lot of people having trouble with the latest TS3 update.

oh well hat maybe the problem. I stopped playing for a LONG time, and when I went to play again, it automatically updated me to the 1.69 patch. I don't think I can go back now either. I will just start looking into finding the bad mods and CC.

Hmmm I wonder also how I have Windows 8 when my laptop came with Win 7 and the only update i did was their offer of Windows 10. That part is confusing me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:22 PM
hmmm when i go into my Settings-system- about it is saying I am running Windows 10, but somehow my game isn't. it's running Win 8 which I don't even know how I got Win 8
Page 1 of 2