Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:14 AM
Default Sims 2 dumpster diving
I seem to remember sims being able to get stuff out of the trash (in sims 2) but can't remember how it worked, anyone remember?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:48 AM
First, you need a sloppy sim - no more than three neat points, IIRC.

Second, you need a trash can with something in it. A single newspaper will do.

Sometimes they do it autonomously, but you can also click on the bin and order them to "salvage."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:10 AM
You can also download 'Eat & Salvage Trash' by Squinge http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...b&topic=44821.0

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:31 AM
I use Cyjon's "More Sloppy Sims". Apparently, the vanilla game only allows sims with Neat/Sloppy of 0 or 1 to salvage from the trash can. The problem is that randomly generated sims (townies, etc.) never get a Neat/Sloppy of less than 2 so you never see them doing it. Cyjon's mod raises the limit a little (I think to 2) so that randomly generated slob sims can now salvage from the trash can.

http://www.cyjon.net/node/244
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:45 AM
I think the one by Squinge must do that as well. I was playing a family when a playable walked by, I know he is only 3 neat, but that is too neat for the vanilla game. He stopped and ate out of their bin/trash can. When I get back to his house I am wondering if he will have food poisoning.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~