Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 10:52 PM
Default Is it possible to change the gender of a sim?
I was wondering, are there any mods? Because of the, erm... Alien thing... I know there's a mod to make it so only female sims can get pregnant, but of course, there is Nestor, Glarn, and Pascal... with Nestor and Glarn I can just change the parent of their children, but... Pascal ...

What's the point in thinking when you speak your mind?
----
This useless item right here is an asset!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:10 PM
I am pretty sure you would need SimPE, and it is a bit of a complicated process. I never tried it, but I found a tutorial that might help you.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=109024.0
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:30 PM
also, if you want female alien pregnancy (too):

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312865

or

http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/174

although i remember there was one where they can also get females pregnant through the dance-sphere, but right now, im using the one in the first link
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 12:40 PM
Are you saying you don't want any mpreg in your game and want to turn pregnant men into women? Because you could just not play the pregnant men. Or use Inteen to abort the alien spawn.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 9:09 PM
It is certainly possible to assign a different gender to your sim, as that's exactly how you make transgender sims. It's just a flag you have to change on SimPE. But the only thing that really does is make the game read your sim as that gender. It doesn't actually change the shape of the sim itself. To make your male-bodied sim turn female-bodied, you will have to change the flag and use the Sim Surgery tool to replace their whole body with the one of a dummy female sim.

This is a pretty convoluted process for what's pretty much a silly game joke, though. If the only real issue is that you don't want to see pregnant males in your game, it's far far easier to use the SimBlender to immediately terminate Pascal's pregnancy (instead of going all the way around to turn him into a female), and then throw in a mod to prevent any future male pregnancies.
Banned
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
To make your male-bodied sim turn female-bodied, you will have to change the flag and use the Sim Surgery tool to replace their whole body with the one of a dummy female sim.

Male Sims and Female Sims use different meshes. You can't instantly make a gender conversion among adults. The necks won't line up properly, and you will have ugly gaps and everything. In order to make a proper gender conversion, you need a 3D modeling program that can export or import wavefront .obj files (or use Milkshape). You also need to remap the whole mesh, seeing that you have edited the mesh substantially. Add the texture, and you're done.

I'm still a beginner in meshing, though. So, I only know the basics of how it's done.

As for Sim Surgery, I think you can only clone Sims. Are you sure you can change the gender of the Sims as well?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 9:58 PM
I have no idea, to be honest. I have transfolk in my game, but generally changing the gender flag and giving them proper clothing, hair, makeup etc does what I need for storytelling purposes, I've never tried changing the whole body like that.

But now that you mention the mesh problem, yeah you're absolutely right. I don't think this kind of transformation is actually feasible without a custom bodyshape.
Site Helper
#8 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th Feb 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
But now that you mention the mesh problem, yeah you're absolutely right. I don't think this kind of transformation is actually feasible without a custom bodyshape.
You have obviously never seen Weivtnasaelp: a reversed Pleasantview:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6843.0.html

The creator just changed the sex of all of the sims. No need for custom bodyshapes and other silliness.

[Update:]

Verified. This is an incredibly easy change to make.

Edited N001_Neighborhood.package. Changed Don Lothario to "Treat as Female". Opened character data and modified the gender in Age Data and all of the Property Sets, as explained in the tutorial at InSim.

Then, ran the game and Don was a woman (with a beard ). Had her go to the mirror and change her appearance to select a new hairstyle (and get rid of that silly beard), and bought some new slinky clothes.

Voila!

Note that Sim Surgery is not necessary.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 12:56 AM
Intersting, thanks for the clarification. I had seen the Weivtnasaelp thread before, but didn't really look into the particulars of how it was done.
Site Helper
#10 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 12:58 AM
You'll probably also want to change your sim's first name, and perhaps change their sexual orientation and any existing sexual relationships.
Theorist
#11 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 11:32 AM
Mootilda, did Don Lothario's voice change, too?
Site Helper
#12 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 4:04 PM
I don't know, because I never play with the sound on. However, the articles that I've read indicate that the voice changes.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 5:08 PM
Yes the voice does change. When I briefly had Nervous flagged as a girl to get him pregnant by Pascal he sounded like a girl.

I've also done the longer gender changing, where you use sim surgery to get them the right shape. But since I was changing the gender of service sims, as well as making them look like strange towns reverse gendered service sims, it was a bit more necessary for me than it was for Mootilda's test.

As noted in the Weivtnasaelp notes, the only problem with changing a sims gender, is gender switched romance sims will still use their old genders romance strut.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:08 PM Last edited by mauvikinz : 1st Mar 2012 at 2:33 AM. Reason: Added a Pic of Pascale
Thank you all! I wouldn't want to just not play Pascal because I've got a story planned and I'll need little Tycho I think I'll re-name Pascal Pamela or something else that starts with a P.
I never play with the sound on either, so it doesn't really matter if she sounds like a guy, though I'm glad she won't if I hook speaker up to my computer or use headphones.
I'm fairly comfortable with SimPE. The worst thing I did was put Ripp's memories in reverse (So that his most recent memories were his toddler skills XD)

Really, it's really not that it bothers me, I just have no logical way to explain it.

Edit:
I looked it up, and Pascale is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer.

Edit Edit:
Meet Pascale! She's adorable.
Screenshots

What's the point in thinking when you speak your mind?
----
This useless item right here is an asset!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 11:57 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I have a question. It is possible to change the "treat as X" toggle programmatically from a BHAV, as in this mod: http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...ee-reproductive It is possible to make the other changes (to AgeData and Property Set) programmtically in a BHAV, and if so, how would you do that?
Alchemist
#16 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:53 AM
title question.
for expressed gender, at least insimenator works. I think also Sim Manipulator and Sim Blender.
for body's gender, I think SimPE's Sim Surgery is currently the only way.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 1:45 AM
If you read the thread, you can see that there is a way of doing this that does not require sim surgery. I am asking if a hack can do this, too.
Alchemist
#18 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:18 AM
changed Age Data and Property Sets of 2 sims. AnyGameStarter; Veronaville copy; Oberon & Titania.
already had different bodies & clothes when lot was loaded. mirror's Change Appearance fixed the gaps. voices seemed to be the same as before; did not change their Sim Description resources.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you read the thread, you can see that there is a way of doing this that does not require sim surgery. I am asking if a hack can do this, too.

There is no hack out there that I know of but one could be made to do this if someone who knows how is out there is another thing.

In the future you may just want to reference old threads like this and ask your quest in your own thread, much easier to find that way.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158