Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 6:09 AM Last edited by Noeh : 21st Jul 2014 at 6:11 AM.
Default TS2 Ultimate Collection Questions
Some questions I have about the game itself, not the process of getting it. I thought this might be useful to have my questions answered + maybe other people's questions answered.

Questions:

If MODs have an expansion pack version, which version would we use for the Ultimate Collection? AL / M&G

Do we have to patch the game? No.

Does it include anything extra besides expansion and stuff pack content? No. It just includes all expansion & stuff pack content.

How does the installation process work for this game? The game will automatically be installed once it is done downloading from your Origin account.

Do I have to backup anything I want to carry over to this new version of the game? Yes. It's considered a fresh, new install. That means that you need to backup any neighborhoods, saved sims, and custom content that you want to carry over.

Do I need to uninstall my current Sims 2 game before I install the Ultimate Collection? Yes.

What games do I need to register to get the Ultimate Collection? For me, all I had to do was give them the registration/serial code for my copy of The Sims 2 base game.

Does it work on windows 8?

Can we backup sims2packs or do they need to be reinstalled?

Are unfixed bugs, glitched and issues fixed in this version? No. Any issues that were never fixed in The Sims 2's 'lifetime' are still present.

Will this put Securom on my computer? Yes.

How do I access bodyshop with the Ultimate Collection? C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin

You'll fine bodyshop in there, just create a desktop shortcut for it and it'll work fine.
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 6:13 AM
I can only say that we do not have to patch the game. After download it installs itself and you ready to play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I can only say that we do not have to patch the game. After download it installs itself and you ready to play.

Awesome. That's one question answered
Theorist
#4 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:35 AM
Mine is showing up "The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection" for the first loading screen. Is this right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Mine is showing up "The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection" for the first loading screen. Is this right?

That's what I'm getting too.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:38 AM
Probably it is correct as that one includes M&G - the last EP.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:56 AM Last edited by KitaSim : 17th Jul 2014 at 8:09 AM.
to anyone who has tried to play ultimate collections,is any of the old sims2 bugs there like jump bug etc and does it work with like acr?I am just worried origin will do updates and mess it up as of now my sims2 works great hehe.I have all expansions but did not have any sps so this will be awesome for me if it has all sps and no bugs
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:16 AM
This is probably a silly question - but how exactly am I installing the game? I've got it downloading in Origin and I've removed my "Sims 2" folder to my desktop. Do I need to uninstall the EPs I already have? Where do I put my Sims 2 folder once the game has downloaded?
just a girl
#9 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:08 AM
I'm not sure one can have two Sims 2 games installed at the same time. I mean, they could get mixed with each other, or conflict, of something. So I uninstalled my "old" Sims 2 game while UC was downloading. After downloading it installed automatically and EA Games folder appeared in my documents, just where it was before. The only difference I noticed is that The Sims 2 folder now called The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:21 AM
I'm not sure one can have two Sims 2 games installed at the same time. I mean, they could get mixed with each other, or conflict, of something. So I uninstalled my "old" Sims 2 game while UC was downloading. After downloading it installed automatically and EA Games folder appeared in my documents, just where it was before. The only difference I noticed is that The Sims 2 folder now called The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection.

Thanks for this! Did you backup your old game at all?
just a girl
#11 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:30 AM
QuinnBear,
Yes, and my savegames and CC are working fine with this UC. To quote myself from the other thread, I pasted my previously backed up Neighborhoods (folders: N003, etc) and Downloads folder into my new user data folder, which is now called The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection. That's it. I didn't do it for any other folders (Music, for example), because I didn't need them, but I guess, you can copy-paste them too.
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:48 AM
QuinnBear,
Yes, and my savegames and CC are working fine with this UC. To quote myself from the other thread, I pasted my previously backed up Neighborhoods (folders: N003, etc) and Downloads folder into my new user data folder, which is now called The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection. That's it. I didn't do it for any other folders (Music, for example), because I didn't need them, but I guess, you can copy-paste them too.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!
Scholar
#13 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:52 AM
Quick question about mods:

Do I need to update them or will AL-mods still work?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:04 AM
Some mods may need updating depending on the version you are using since some mods have different versions depending on the amount of expansions you own. With these mods you will need to replace them with the most recent version. If you already own all EP's then all your mods should work and should not require updating.

edit: so AL mods should work just fine. (sorry misread that the first time as "all mods")
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 12:15 PM
Is there actually any new stuff in it?
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 1:13 PM
QuinnBear,

I did this but it left me with just Riverblossom Hills, the only town I didn't have attached to a subhood.
just a girl
#17 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 1:26 PM
Your neighborhoods from previous game didn't show up in the new one, correct? So, it actually is a chance of incompability? I think, it might be helpful for others if you tell what exactly you did. I pretty much described what I did and what worked for me, so I wish I could help more.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 1:49 PM
Your neighborhoods from previous game didn't show up in the new one, correct? So, it actually is a chance of incompability? I think, it might be helpful for others if you tell what exactly you did. I pretty much described what I did and what worked for me, so I wish I could help more.

I have three Sims folders in my EA Games folder: Sims 2, Sims 2 Double Deluxe and the store edition. The Double Deluxe folder is where my gameplay is saved. For example the neighborhood folder in The Sims 2 folder has always been empty. This was done by the game and nothing special I did.

When I backed up my game I also backed up the Deluxe folder because that's where my current game content was stored. I didn't uninstall any games. The Origin download was pretty quick and like you the folder in EA Games says Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I cut the Neighborhood folder and pasted the folder from my back up. And now I only have one neighborhood.
just a girl
#19 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 1:57 PM
Well, I did uninstall every Sims 2 game before installing Sims 2 UC (since UC is a full collection anyways). Maybe that is the case.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:02 PM
Does it have Securom?
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:03 PM
Well, I did uninstall every Sims 2 game before installing Sims 2 UC (since UC is a full collection anyways). Maybe that is the case.

Most of them are Origin games. Is that still okay to do?
Forum Resident
#22 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:05 PM
Another question: what games do you need to have registered in order to get the collection? I registered my TS2 Pets yesterday through the EA classic link and I still don't have the email. Is it because I don't have my old TS2 Site username? I really want this ultimate collection and I really don't want to have to deal with EA support. Thank you!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
just a girl
#23 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivy Copur
Most of them are Origin games. Is that still okay to do?

Why wouldn't it be? I had all my Sims 2 games as digital copies on Origin as well. My point is that Ultimate Collection has all EPs and SPs included, so it makes sense to uninstall the other versions of Sims 2 before installing UC. But, of course, you don't have to take only my word on that. If you have your doubts, ask somebody else too.

Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Another question: what games do you need to have registered in order to get the collection? I registered my TS2 Pets yesterday through the EA classic link and I still don't have the email. Is it because I don't have my old TS2 Site username? I really want this ultimate collection and I really don't want to have to deal with EA support. Thank you!

I suggest you check out this helpful thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528726 (Personally, I didn't have to go through all this registration.)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:28 PM
Yes you must uninstall your Sims 2 game before you install UC because you can not have 2 running at the same time.

For mods to work they must be able to work in AP/M&G for that is the game engine use to make UC.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 2:36 PM
So I also tried to restore my old backed up saved games, and am having the problem with no towns available on the main menu.

For example, if I paste in my old N01 folder, then Pleasantview doesn't show up on the main menu. Is there any way to fix this?

At the very least I'd like to be able to extract the lots from my old town because I'd built so much cool stuff back when I used to play often...
Page 1 of 16