Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Removed CC to try resolve Nanny issue, now game wont load at all.
Okay so some background;

I was having an issue whereby I couldn't have a nanny on a lot as I'd get an error about the nanny hitting Break Point Primitive, until I hit delete (reset and cancel would just bring the same error message back up instantly). If I had a butler on the lot, I'd get an error message about a Nanny apartment controller (sorry I can't be specific about the exact text and # of the errors, I can't get in the game to screenshot) and I'd have to press 'reset'. The butler would stay on the lot but would ignore the children, and the parents said they couldn't leave the kids alone if I attempted to send them. Also couldn't ask neighbours to watch children in apartments, I'd get an apartment controller error message for that too.

Now onto my issue;

I isolated and removed mods which were specifically tied to kids as I knew the conflict had to be with kids somewhere (I checked, and none of the mods were specified incompatible with any other mods I had) and relaunched the game. The nanny now worked! As There were only 5 mods I decided to add them back one at a time to see which one was causing the issue. I exited my game again, added one of the mods back in and tried to launch my game - but it wouldn't work.

I just got a blank error message with no text whatsoever (attached) so I actually have no idea what the issue is and why my computer refuses to launch the game - I tried launching as admin, launching from the file location rather than the shortcut and nothing. I've encountered this problem once before a few months ago, and after resetting my computer it worked so I tried that but it didn't work this time round. I've done everything I can think of - removing the one mod I tried adding back, and then removing all CC when it still wouldn't launch and nothing has worked.

I've attached specs, and in addition to that I run windows 10 on a 64 bit system. I've had The Sims 2 on this laptop for a couple of months and had only one problem as mentioned above before, which was easily resolved with restarting so I'm at a bit of a loss.

TIA!
Screenshots
Attached Images

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:27 PM
Go to your save folder and delete groups.cache and accessories.cache. I used to get the same error and it was always a cache problem.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:39 PM
It's nothing you did wrong, it's just the cache files that get created automatically by the game are probably too big/corrupted. Just delete them (they're in Documents/EA Games/Sims 2). You can remove cigen.package, groups.cache, and accessories.cache, along with Content Registry. Some of those files might not be there, and that's ok. It's ok to delete these files as they'll automatically regenerate when you start your game up. It's good practice to get into the habit of deleting these before starting your game since they can cause problems with loading the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:52 PM
Thank you both so much, I delete those files every so often as I’ve heard it helps speed up loading time - just deleted them and my game has started! Thanks again!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 11:48 PM
If you have CC those files will need deleting every so often or they will stop the game loading. Also the body shop files that you will see with them if you open bodyshop at all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 9:57 AM
It's amazing what trouble those little files can cause.