Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 10:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How To Read Exception/Error Files?
Community lots have been crashing and I need to know how to read the actual files so that I may help myself. I can't seem to find anything. Normally, it tells me what the problem is but it generated an 'app error' and 'audio error' upon crash, which doesn't seem to be linked to anything specific. How can I read all of these logs being generated? What should I look for in specific log types?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:03 PM
Does anyone know? I've had to install all of my games, and multiple times because my installations kept flopping.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:26 PM
Well from the other thread you really need to troubleshoot your mods, so I would say this is part of it.

Also you don't want to be reinstalling multiple times as 1, that is unlikely to help. That only helps if your install files are corrupted and 9 times out of 10 it isn't them.

2) constant reinstalling itself can cause issues with registry files leading to bad installs. That may mean you need to not only uninstall everything but need your registry keys cleaning out before doing a new install.

Most issues are in Documents, frequently in the Download folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~