Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 8:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashing in only One Town
I'm sorry if this has been posted, But I myself have not seen it and the researching I come up with is not helping at all.
My cousin and I have the sims 2 ultimate collection through my Origin account. Same mods and CC. My game is fine but hers keeps crashing. But only in one town. She says when she goes to load any family in Veronaville it will crash while loading or shortly after loading. I've told her to clear the cache and other stuff like that. Is her game completely corrupted and have to start all over or is it savable???
Before I started looking she loading up another town and everything is fine there.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 9:09 PM
problem might relate to windowed vs full screen. if full screen, change to windowed; if windowed, change to full screen.
if the crashing occurs with both, might replace neighborhood's folder with an older version. if it is the shipped version Veronaville, the starting state would be located somewhere in the Program Files directory; if that directory is unchanged. folder for the shipped version Veronaville is N003.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 10:06 PM
Has your cousin done any hood corrupting actions?

deleted sims
deleted graves
moved sims between hoods
downloaded an occupied house
Moved an occupied house to the bin? (occupied means sims, pets, graves)
deleted NPC creating mods such as a multi-PT pack or Rebeka's farm animals?

Tell her to make a backup of her hoods and Download folder, go into Origin, right click and choose repair game.

If it's only Veronaville then it's just that hood and not her game. Hoods are separate from installation files.
If need be she can get a fresh copy of Veronaville from the installation files. be aware though that all EA shipped pre-made hoods come already corrupted, they should be backed up often and Hood Checker run over them regularly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 12:28 AM
She has not. I will have to go back down home tomorrow. It's a little difficult to do when I live an hour away. Will post with updates

Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Has your cousin done any hood corrupting actions?

deleted sims
deleted graves
moved sims between hoods
downloaded an occupied house
Moved an occupied house to the bin? (occupied means sims, pets, graves)
deleted NPC creating mods such as a multi-PT pack or Rebeka's farm animals?

Tell her to make a backup of her hoods and Download folder, go into Origin, right click and choose repair game.

If it's only Veronaville then it's just that hood and not her game. Hoods are separate from installation files.
If need be she can get a fresh copy of Veronaville from the installation files. be aware though that all EA shipped pre-made hoods come already corrupted, they should be backed up often and Hood Checker run over them regularly.
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 1:21 AM
Like Joandsarah77 said, it sounds like your cousin's hood is corrupted. When you got see her, back up her whole Documents/EA Games folder (probably overkill, but it's better to be safe than sorry) and try loading the hood without her CC folder. If it still crashes, it's most likely hood corruption. There are some ways to limit the corruption (once a hood is corrupted, it will always be corrupted, no matter what), one way is using HoodChecker http://www.modthesims.info/d/456523...ry-11-2013.html

If that's too much work for her, she can have a start fresh with a clean version of Veronaville available here https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!