Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Object error and game crash on CAS
So I've reinstalled Sims 2, as I started to create a sim, the object error message pops up, then I deleted it as I exit CAS, the game crashed, can somebody help me!!!

Sims 2 Rocks! :D
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:47 PM
Well what have you done so far and what does the error message say? Do you have the log file of it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:22 PM
A screenshot of the error message dialog could be helpful and what maxon said about the log file. You can find error logs in

Documents/EA Games/The Sims... /Logs

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:24 PM
Well I fixed it!!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:40 AM
But it's still not working. I need a program that can stop object errors.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:37 AM
The errors are caused by something going wrong in your game. We need to see a screenshot or an error log in order to help you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:17 PM
I tried again, but still not working.

Scholar
#8 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oachi06
I tried again, but still not working.
@oachi06

Please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing. If it's a small windowed message that pops in the middle of the screen saying there's an object error (while you try to play your game), then there's details in the message that might be useful in helping you figure out what is causing the error.

The message is different for player to player. There's no way to help you determine what might be causing those errors unless you provide us with more details of what the error message says.

Please, at the very least, provide a screenshot of the error message you are seeing. Insure that the image that you will post in this thread is clear and legible for us to see. Then if we request more information, please co-operate with us to better assist you with your questions.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:20 AM
Okay...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:42 AM
[IMG][/IMG]

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:27 PM
Unfortunately, Photofukkit isn't working for many of us - do you want to try another host?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled it and installed DirectX, but it's still now working!!!

Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:13 PM
For those who can't see photobucket images, I copied the screenshot. ("Error: invalid constant.")
Screenshots
Alchemist
#14 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:13 AM
generally it is best to click "cancel" on any error message. if same message comes up again with "cancel", try "reset". if it still comes up with "reset", only then would it be ok to click "delete".
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:27 AM
Why do you play with Debug mode ON anyway?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oachi06
I uninstalled and reinstalled it and installed DirectX, but it's still now working!!!

Is that 'now working' or 'not working'?
If it's still not working it is almost certainly caused by cc or we'd all get the same error, if you don't want to post the error log then your only other option is to use the 50/50 method.

You can fix that awful CAS screen with this Cas-Fix.zip (513 kb).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

A lot of us do.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:03 PM
Debug mode can occasionally cause errors, particularly if something is interfering with it.

If you get errors, something is wrong in your game. It can be conflicting mods, a borked item, a mod not updated for the latest EP/SP you have, or similar. I'm guessing the culprit is CAS related somehow. The best way to fix errors is to find the item that causes errors and remove it.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Debug mode can occasionally cause errors, particularly if something is interfering with it.

Debug Mode does not cause errors. It simply allows the game to tell you what is wrong and allows you to choose what you want to do about it. The error would still occur with Debug Mode off, but you would be less likely to notice it and the game would always choose "Reset", which may or may not help.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

I can remember a couple of lots that I downloaded from other sites that had some sort of problem with specific objects that had to be deleted from the error dialog before the lot would load. If Debug Mode had been turned off, the game would have kept choosing "Reset", which would not have helped. The game would have been stuck loading that lot until I forced the game to quit by using Task Manager or some similar method.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:13 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Feb 2018 at 11:00 PM.
^ I'm talking about the debug mode in CAS (I was thinking about the cheat that unhides hidden CAS items by pressing N) when testingCheats is enabled. I remember this at some point caused errors in my game. I probably had something weird going on in my Downloads folder, because now it works fine without errors.

If you have TestingCheats enabled, you'll get error messages instead of jump bugs and other hidden errors. If you get frequent error messages, then in most cases there's something wrong in your Downloads folder, and you need to fix it to get rid of the frequent errors. Some object errors may come from things like a borked neighborhood or a borked reinstall - but CC problems, placement bugs (like using Moveobjects on sims while certain animations are running), sims trying to do an action the game doesn't allow for in the moment, or various other one-time bugs are a bit more common. As long as the bug is a there-and-then thing, pressing reset usually fixes the problem. If the bug repeats, there's often a larger problem at hand.

Avoid using the delete option on errors, or you may accidentally cause problems. Reset is always the safest option if cancel doesn't work. On occasion, the delete button may cause the game to delete something that shouldn't be deleted, which may cause the game to crash or not work properly.

Errors can also happen in a game where there's a balance in the downloads/mods, but they're much less frequent. (I've got TestingCheats enabled in the UserStartup and I rarely get errors - except when I've made a modded CC object that still needs some tinkering, and then I'm usually aware of the possibility of errors)

Having TestingCheats enabled is not dangerous in itself, as long as you use it with care. It's very useful for sorting out bugs or discovering problems with CC. It does allow for a lot of things that may cause harm to your game, but as long as you're careful to not do those things, having the cheat enabled shouldn't cause problems just by being active.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:44 PM
Thank you. I'll post my own thread, with my error log, if ever I dare play with debug on again.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Is that 'now working' or 'not working'?
If it's still not working it is almost certainly caused by cc or we'd all get the same error, if you don't want to post the error log then your only other option is to use the 50/50 method.

You can fix that awful CAS screen with this Cas-Fix.zip (513 kb).

Thank you!!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:34 AM
Well, I have CC in my game, so I have Windows 10, but CAS has object errors when I have CC and entering a household causes object errors, so object errors in CAS and entering any households, such as game crashing. If I have Sims 3, if I put CC in my game, it crashes at the loading screen. I need to find someone to fix my game.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:01 AM
I've finally fixed it, but it was argon's townie brick!

Mad Poster
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:41 AM
That took you a long time to fix.
Page 1 of 2