Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:57 PM
Default CT - Demote Job oddity
Every "CT - Demote Job" I can find (in all objects.package files from base game to M&G) consist of a single line T0 := T0

Clearly this doesn't demote a Sim! This only seems to be called from the "Phone In Sick (faking in)" code (after enough call ins), and in my AGS/Uni game, while it says the Sim has been demoted, they aren't. (So I've not screwed something up with a mod)

So am I missing something, or is this broken?

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 4:50 PM
It's not broken it's just not used.
Sims aren't demoted for missing work, first they lose a days holiday pay, then they lose job performance and if the job performance is low enough the sim is fired.
The job globals handle it, if a sim is really sick they simply don't get sent to work so if a sim that should be sent to work called in sick then that sim is faking. The job globals use the Phone Call - Incoming Call - Job Warning to handle any sim that doesn't go to work when they should. If/when a sim does go to work if the sim's job performance is low enough then they can be demoted.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:27 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 9th May 2017 at 1:39 PM.
But isn't that when they just miss work and don't bother actually calling in sick.

If a Sim ignores the car-pool, and then calls in sick (when they're not), after four or five days they will get a message about being demoted, but they won't be.

The Call In Sick code is in the "PhoneCall - Work - Call in Sick" (GUID 0x7100B4C4, Group 0x7F1EB565) object, and, as far as I understand it (which may be totally wrong) that gets you into the BHAV sequence "CT - Handle Call" -> "Work - Call In Sick" -> "Special - Call In Sick - Lazy" (0x1009) (all in the same group)

If the Sim calls in sick from a level 2 job four or five days running, they will get the message "Did you really think you could fool me with that fake coughing? Just for wasting my time, you've been demoted!" (line 0x09) and the only way to get to there is via line 0x0E, which is the RTBN call to "CT - Demote Job"

While the Sim gets the message, there is no job demotion, no memory and no loss of social/fun (like there is for "CT - Lose Job"). Even if, after getting that message, you let the clock run through to their normal home time there is no incoming call (as they called in sick) as you describe above, so again, no demotion.

If you save just before making the final call, quit, use SimPE to change their job to level 1, restart and then call in sick, they will be fired (via the RTBN call to "CT - Lose Job" in the same BHAV on line 0x0B - as you get the message about trying their tricks elsewhere)

Still, all academic, as typing this out has given me a workable solution that I'm happy with - I'll take the logic that would result in the Sim being demoted from faking sickness and add it to the guardian for the menu option in my mod, so, if calling in sick would result in the call to "CT - Demote Job", I'll not let them take sick leave - they'll just have to go to work!

Edit: Scratch that, testing to see if they are faking sickness adds another token so changes the outcome.

Update: I have now fixed the CT - Demote Job BHAV, it's in my Duvet Days mod if anyone wants it

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward