Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Enelen : 26th Jun 2017 at 2:25 PM.
Default Missing scalp problem
Hello guys, I have a very annoying bug I can't seem to get solved. My teen females do not have scalps under their hair. The hair shows up as normal, but any hair, custom or not custom, base game or expansion, will have a see-through nonexistent scalp under it. Every. Single. Hair.

Now, I have quite a few mods, and lot of those hairs, and a few years of experience with the Sims, so I just took out the mods folder and checked again, and the bug is still there. My played neighborhood will have this glitch on every single teenage girl - even newly born, freshly aged up ones - but not on those I create as a new family. It's like a hereditary baldness or something. BTW, those I create as new will not glitch out even with all custom content installed, using custom hairs. Those that get born into families I have already (and age up to teen naturally) will glitch even without mods, with base game hairs.

Things I have modded in the game include custom skin, custom hair and hair unlocked for both genders (by NRaas Master Controller - at any rate, I use it for the long female hairs on my fairy males, not the male ones on the females, but those don't glitch, minus the small shift in head size that is expected), but as I said, it doesn't seem to matter to my existing sims if I take out the mods. The glitches don't disappear. Resetsim and the like doesn't seem to work, force editing in CAS doesn't work, I'm out of ideas of what else I could try. Besides aging them up to YA, because the other ages don't have this glitch.

Oh, and I have the cache files on Ramdisk, so they get deleted every time I quit - no chance of those affecting the game. I deleted them after taking out the Mods just to be sure anyway, and no luck.

I have a feeling it's something already written into the save files that became hereditary, but I don't even know which mod could have caused it (I have the Disentangled hairs -all of them- from Buckley and the Shaggy Bob Hair by kuroineko05), and the unisex mode enabled with Master Controller, and no way to fix or check what is bugging out, since nothing I do seems to make a difference.

And all this is affecting a neighborhood that I took a full extended weekend to set up in the exact way I wanted it, and played it ever since

Help?

Edit: ok, so after throwing up my hands and putting the whole mod folder back as it was, I had a few sims that glitched out to original skin tones (bright yellow, green, blue, you know), and I had to go into CAS to edit them back to custom tone... and those are now not glitching with the hair, no matter what I put on them (custom or even male). I don't even understand why they changed skin colors in the first place, since I have not saved when testing without mods...? Too bad there are still ones that are -not- fine, and my heir is one of them I'm honestly just suspecting woodoo at this point.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:18 PM
So did you try taking the ones who are not fine into CAS and giving them a new skin as well?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So did you try taking the ones who are not fine into CAS and giving them a new skin as well?

Yes and it did not work. For the hair that is, the skin works just fine.
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:40 PM
Does this happen with a completely new save? Or in your current save, but if you disable all hairs for both genders?

Does the scalp issue happen with every outfit of the inactive teen females?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!