Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 won't run
I've tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. I've read every help forum related to this issue and I've deleted my Cache files, removed all my CC Neighborhoods, Clothes, etc., and I've finally decided to come here and maybe get some help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:00 PM
We'd like to help you, but need more data. What's your process for launching it? If you're still using the launcher, that thing hasn't worked properly in years, but we can tell you how to bypass it. What's happening when you try to run it? Do you get any messages? What system are you using - Windows 7, 8, and 10 all have slightly different problems.

Remember, we can't see your machine, and everyone's set up is different. No one can troubleshoot your problem but you. All we can do is suggest possibilities to test.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:29 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 27th Jun 2017 at 2:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
We'd like to help you, but need more data. What's your process for launching it? If you're still using the launcher, that thing hasn't worked properly in years, but we can tell you how to bypass it. What's happening when you try to run it? Do you get any messages? What system are you using - Windows 7, 8, and 10 all have slightly different problems.

Remember, we can't see your machine, and everyone's set up is different. No one can troubleshoot your problem but you. All we can do is suggest possibilities to test.

This is my Config-Log
btw sorry for the late response, need anything else ? I'm really hesitant to get my game working again. Sims 3 is not fun when ultra laggy
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:40 AM
First off we did not need that info.

What we need is what type of game are you using, UC or installed by disk.

If UC then right click on the UC icon in Origin and chose the repair option. You may need to remove the complete Sims 2 folder from My Doc and place it on your desktop and try the game.
If disk installed then remove the complete Sims 2 folder from My Doc and place it on your desktop and try the game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:04 AM
As a newbie Pastella can't be expected to know what we need. I should have been more specific.

What Mark means, Pastella, is that if you remove the entire Sims 2 data folder (one of the things the FAQ prompted you to do) and run the game, it will generate a new set of data files. If the game loads and these new files work, you know that something's wrong with the data in the files you deleted. If it doesn't, there's a problem with the program files. Knowing where the problem is simplifies things amazingly.

Since you have Windows 10, it's possible that some of your Sims 2 data files have been set to read only. This is apparently something Windows 10 does when it gets bored. So you should also check that. Sims 2 program files are okay to set to read only; and in fact it's a good precaution against the game files (as opposed to the data files) getting corrupted.

In a quick scan of that Wall of Text, I didn't see anything about anti-virus. You are extremely unlikely to pick up a virus in downloaded Sims 2 content, but newer anti-virus programs sometimes quarantine files for older games like Sims 2 because it doesn't recognize them and thinks they might be a virus. Always make sure your anti-virus is off before you run the game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
First off we did not need that info.

What we need is what type of game are you using, UC or installed by disk.

If UC then right click on the UC icon in Origin and chose the repair option. You may need to remove the complete Sims 2 folder from My Doc and place it on your desktop and try the game.
If disk installed then remove the complete Sims 2 folder from My Doc and place it on your desktop and try the game.

I'm using UC I'll try that and see what works
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM
Pastella can you put all of that log under a spoiler thanks. Or if you don't know how I can.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Pastella can you put all of that log under a spoiler thanks. Or if you don't know how I can.

I don't know how to. Lol Noob ! XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:26 AM
And should I put my Sims 2 folder back in to my documents ??
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:54 AM
Okay for another time this is how you make a spoiler. [spoiler] type my text in here [*spoiler] Just replace that * with a slash /

it's much easier to rename your folder rather than pull it. You need to load up the game with the new folder and see what happens first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Okay for another time this is how you make a spoiler. [spoiler] type my text in here [*spoiler] Just replace that * with a slash /

it's much easier to rename your folder rather than pull it. You need to load up the game with the new folder and see what happens first.

Tysm for the help. I've loaded up my sims 2 game and it seems to be working, I've re-downloaded and installed my neighborhoods and lots. And its playing better than ever !
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:07 PM
I, too, have been experiencing issues running the game, and have contacted Origin multiple times this week for help. Ultimately, they told me that my "ports" are causing the issue and I need to call my ISP? When I asked what she meant about the ports, and what to say to my ISP when I call them, the advisor, she said she gave me all the required info and to contact my ISP, then ended the session on me. And offered me Medal of Honor, which I did not want, but, whatever. I'm glad that Pastella was able to resolve the issues. I have not called my ISP. I have tried everything as well. The only option I haven't exhausted is this Sims 2 Folder rename/deletion thing, which seemed to work for Pastella even though the game in that case was run from UC, like mine, and not a disk. So...I'm gonna give that a try. I don't think Origin will help me anymore for a while...
Weirdest thing, though. Was working fine until recently. And I still don't get what my ISP has to do with it, but I could call 'em, I guess.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:28 AM Last edited by maxon : 29th Jun 2017 at 4:55 PM.
I don't understand what your ISP has to do with it either. TS2 does not need a live connection (unless you're trying to run it from the original game launcher, I guess).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:23 AM
"Contact your ISP" is usually what they say to get rid of you when they are incompetent and/or unwilling to provide the support they're supposed to provide.
I've never called Origin but it suddenly makes more sense why people who have dealt with them (when UC came out especially) usually advise to not bother with unhelpful interlocutors, and rather try calling again to speak to someone else. That's true for all support lines in my experience.