Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 4:19 PM Last edited by SingleClawDesigns : 12th Jun 2017 at 6:36 PM.
Default All My Plumbbobs
So this is like the 4th? conceptual iteration of this long standing project of mine. This time though I think I got a good groundwork to go on to make this one last. I'm going to be incorporating a ton of Maxis cast though so it'll get a bit confusing, but should ultimately be really fun because everyone is tied to everyone else on canvas and tons of ripple effects will happen. Not only that, but this is totally AU so no one should expect these characters to follow standard maxis storyline after the initial setups The first three (Goth, Lothario, Caliente) start off following the prompts but it sets in motion everything to come, so it was a bit unavoidable. I'll have cast pics and set pics later on as i'm still trying to set up the CC for that but I don't intend for it to be very picture heavy posts as it's more scripted dialogue style then needing pics. Looking forward to what you guys think and hope you enjoy.

So without further ado....

It hadn't gone down the way she planned. Cassandra had thought when she whispered into Don's ear that she would be "better than Bella had ever been" it would ensure that Don submitted to the marriage and her control. instead Don feigned a page from the hospital and took off leaving her at the altar. While ultimately humiliated Cassandra was always one to see opportunity even at the low points. "You know I can have him killed for you" Mortimer had offered. "No daddy you couldn't even kill Bella and that bitch was sleeping with him, I'll handle this myself". "Don't forget you foolish little girl we're in this together you don't act without my saying so". "Of course daddy and when we're caught I'll be sure to throw you under the bus first. Either way you old bat he's onto us which ups the stakes and you know I prefer playing with my food before eating it". Because even unbeknownst to Mortimer, Cassandra had plans to ensure both Don and Bella suffered greatly for their betrayal. While this was a temporary setback after months of planning and seducing it wasn't for naught. The only issue that still remained was Alexander. She knew she had to protect him from any fallout at all costs. So whatever she planned would have to involve his safety. And as she stared across the table at Mortimer the next day over breakfast she inwardly smiled knowing that the old coot would never see her coming. Alas Mortimer was doing the same for while he admired his boneheaded daughters commitment to vengeance he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when it came out that Don had been seeing more than just her two timing mother. Mortimer knew he was old but he was going to show his daughter that when it came to scheming against family, he was always two steps ahead on the chess board.

He knew he was in trouble big time. The Goth's were not a family to be played with yet he had crossed the line anyways with no thought to consequences. Yet Bella, sweet, innocent, Bella had paid the price for his stupidity. Then he committed another stupid act by falling for the daughter. He knew he was a glutton for punishment, but being ambushed at an impromptu wedding had been to much. So he did what he knew best. He called over Nina Caliente for some relaxing to get his mind off his current situation. It wasn't until the post pillow talk and Nina bringing up her recent phone conversation with Mortimer that Don realized just how screwed he was. He quickly kicked Nina out and started packing. Too little to late it seemed as he tried to leave two men blocked his way. They forced him into a van and sped off. Hours later a moving truck appeared out front. The contents of the house were loaded and soon that truck disappeared as well along with any idea of what happened to Don Lothario.

Dina was sick of this neighborhood and sick of being unemployed. Nina wasn't making her life any better by hogging the phone all the time, which was something new and peculiar. She also knew that her on and off again relationship with Mortimer Goth was going absolutely nowhere despite her best efforts. She knew she had to make some drastic changes in her life, just not sure what. So when Mortimer suddenly stopped over to visit and she found him and Nina kissing i nthe kitchen she knew at least one thing that was leaving her life. her relationship with Mortimer. The next morning she could hardly face Nina and Dina knew she had to leave. Nina, for her part was lost and confused as well. She knew things between Mortimer and Dina weren't so great lately but she had no idea that Mortimer had fancied her in that way. Besides that why should Dina be so jealous after all they were sharing Don weren't they? Or maybe that was the issue. Had Dina decided that Mortimer was the only one she wanted and Nina just screwed that up? It wasn't like she was going to get an answer anytime soon, because while she was taking a bath Dina moved out on her. Even with all that she still had a more pressing concern to deal with. Why was she all of a sudden attracted to Mortimer Goth? No longer canon Ch. 3 will have correct version.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
So this is like the 4th? conceptual iteration of this long standing project of mine. This time though I think I got a good groundwork to go on to make this one last. I'm going to be incorporating a ton of Maxis cast though so it'll get a bit confusing, but should ultimately be really fun because everyone is tied to everyone else on canvas and tons of ripple effects will happen. Not only that, but this is totally AU so no one should expect these characters to follow standard maxis storyline after the initial setups The first three (Goth, Lothario, Caliente) start off following the prompts but it sets in motion everything to come, so it was a bit unavoidable. I'll have cast pics and set pics later on as i'm still trying to set up the CC for that but I don't intend for it to be very picture heavy posts as it's more scripted dialogue style then needing pics. Looking forward to what you guys think and hope you enjoy.

So without further ado....

It hadn't gone down the way she planned. Cassandra had thought when she whispered into Don's ear that she would be "better than Bella had ever been" it would ensure that Don submitted to the marriage and her control. instead Don feigned a page from the hospital and took off leaving her at the altar. While ultimately humiliated Cassandra was always one to see opportunity even at the low points. "You know I can have him killed for you" Mortimer had offered. "No daddy you couldn't even kill Bella and that bitch was sleeping with him, I'll handle this myself". "Don't forget you foolish little girl we're in this together you don't act without my saying so". "Of course daddy and when we're caught I'll be sure to throw you under the bus first. Either way you old bat he's onto us which ups the stakes and you know I prefer playing with my food before eating it". Because even unbeknownst to Mortimer, Cassandra had plans to ensure both Don and Bella suffered greatly for their betrayal. While this was a temporary setback after months of planning and seducing it wasn't for naught. The only issue that still remained was Alexander. She knew she had to protect him from any fallout at all costs. So whatever she planned would have to involve his safety. And as she stared across the table at Mortimer the next day over breakfast she inwardly smiled knowing that the old coot would never see her coming. Alas Mortimer was doing the same for while he admired his boneheaded daughters commitment to vengeance he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when it came out that Don had been seeing more than just her two timing mother. Mortimer knew he was old but he was going to show his daughter that when it came to scheming against family, he was always two steps ahead on the chess board.

He knew he was in trouble big time. The Goth's were not a family to be played with yet he had crossed the line anyways with no thought to consequences. Yet Bella, sweet, innocent, Bella had paid the price for his stupidity. Then he committed another stupid act by falling for the daughter. He knew he was a glutton for punishment, but being ambushed at an impromptu wedding had been to much. So he did what he knew best. He called over Nina Caliente for some relaxing to get his mind off his current situation. It wasn't until the post pillow talk and Nina bringing up her recent phone conversation with Mortimer that Don realized just how screwed he was. He quickly kicked Nina out and started packing. Too little to late it seemed as he tried to leave two men blocked his way. They forced him into a van and sped off. Hours later a moving truck appeared out front. The contents of the house were loaded and soon that truck disappeared as well along with any idea of what happened to Don Lothario.

Dina was sick of this neighborhood and sick of being unemployed. Nina wasn't making her life any better by hogging the phone all the time, which was something new and peculiar. She also knew that her on and off again relationship with Mortimer Goth was going absolutely nowhere despite her best efforts. She knew she had to make some drastic changes in her life, just not sure what. So when Mortimer suddenly stopped over to visit and she found him and Nina kissing i nthe kitchen she knew at least one thing that was leaving her life. her relationship with Mortimer. The next morning she could hardly face Nina and Dina knew she had to leave. Nina, for her part was lost and confused as well. She knew things between Mortimer and Dina weren't so great lately but she had no idea that Mortimer had fancied her in that way. Besides that why should Dina be so jealous after all they were sharing Don weren't they? Or maybe that was the issue. Had Dina decided that Mortimer was the only one she wanted and Nina just screwed that up? It wasn't like she was going to get an answer anytime soon, because while she was taking a bath Dina moved out on her. Even with all that she still had a more pressing concern to deal with. Why was she all of a sudden attracted to Mortimer Goth?

I like the story so far. It was interesting reading.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:23 PM
Love the title, and I love how you have an exciting story going on between the Goth and the Caliente families. Cassandra and Mortimer are something fierce!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 6:57 PM
OK so had some issues. Mostly that my first trial run didn't give me the events I needed because I used a clean subhood version of Pleasantview. So installed the clean neighborhood version and started again. Had all the events happen like they should but no Bella Goth in town. Then I realized that I didn't refresh the neighborhood so i was playing the shipped version of it. That pissed me off majorly because I had played a 1 day rotation through most of the hood. So now that it's all straightened out. I revamped and retconned some of the stuff I had planned out (Everything in the first post is still canon, just expanded greatly) While getting through all that I realized I wasn't satisfied with the pics I was getting. So threw in the gussy-up mod and a new character who may/may not be pertinent to the storylines. Really all she's there for is to control the lot i use to gussy up people and take some group shots that I need for promos, but her look is exotic enough that I may end up using her, eh we'll see. I'm still trying to decide on major looks for most cast so for right now they all have maxis stuff. Still trying to decide whether CC hair will be teen/adult, YA/adult only, or child/adult but i do know elders will mostly get the maxis stuff because there's enough there for it to be satisfactory to me. Mainly it's just deciding how much children and teens will be playing roles in this or if i'll be overusing the SORAS (aka Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome) method.

Overall I'm really excited for this chapter (I do believe I went overboard writing this, but it just kept coming out) because I don't think I've ever played the Goths (or has anyone else?) as this dark before. Normally they're viewed as a kooky magical goth style but I've gone alot darker with it and I think it will pay off well down the line. Be forewarned alot of text/slight language behind the spoiler and yes there was a glitch in the matrix regarding an extremely fast clothes change but I wanted their everyday look and forgot I hadn't disabled the formal sign from simlogical at that point. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:59 PM
I really liked the pictures and your story. I am looking forward to more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:34 AM
Thanks LordTyger! This has been something i've been wanting to do for awhile and it's my first major committed attempt at a story so i'm glad that people are enjoying it.

So once again I wrote a chapter that got away from me length wise. At this point I think i'm just going to stop pretending I can actually keep anything short and simple and just let it go lol. It's conflicting though, because this chapter wasn't suppose to be so long, as it was only an action piece to progress the plot. Though some things did actually change from post 1 for this piece but it's still fairly on target. However, while plotting out connections between current and future sim relationships (enemies/lovers/friends) these two came up further down the road. Now granted it started as a very thin bond that could be passed over with a simple history recap, but the idea of these two sims even having a connection to begin with required a more in depth explanation. I think a good majority of players pass over these two on age difference alone, so for me it became an intriguing question of if I don't set it up now, will people believe it further down the road? In doing so however I actually managed to put a different spin on some stuff that fleshed out a few characters in a different perspective then I had originally wrote and even expanded backstory in the previous chapter! As for this chapter, it was a toughie to write because I wanted to say what I needed the characters to say but i needed to strike a delicate balance of right/wrong that is still grounded in reality and not just my story reality. I'm satisfied with how it came out, however I do know and have made notations that some of the stuff said will need to be addressed really soon and not just be glossed over.

Instructor
#7 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:53 AM
I love the dialogs in your posts! Angela's new look is uh... intriguing to say the least, and I wonder how her relationship with Don will play out... Thanks for posting! What Don did to Cassandra was rather heartless, but not all that surprising, unfortunately. Even Mortimer is cold to her. I can't wait to see her plan for redemption!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 6:03 AM
I am loving the story. As for the length, I think it will depend on how the story is going and the characters at the moment. So just go with what seems right as far as the story goes.

Good pictures again.

I am looking forward to your next installment.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:11 AM
Originally I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow. But it's hot, I can't sleep, and I got to go to work tonight so may as well be productive until then right? So this is Chapter 3. Now as you may have noticed up top in the first post chapter 3 is the setup chapter for the Calientes, but the canon went out the window. Mostly because it was done before I revamped to the darker Goths negating the Nina/Mortimer attraction, and that Nina's consistent move out want; coupled with some plots down the line predicated a switch up of role reversals in regards to certain things. Funnily enough this chapter also ended up being the first ever 3 parter (A 3 parter on chapter 3 irony right?) it's mainly a Caliente chapter however it also encompasses the fallout from Don's chapter (2), as well as the beginning of chapter 4 which is the Pleasants. All 3 parts are already written out but parts 2 & 3 still need screenshots so it'll be a day or 2 before those get posted sadly.

Only a small section of the first part wasn't there in the initial prep notes (I shot this first part before writing it up, because I had three different ways it would play out depending on what happened live, so my bases were covered), but someone just had to stroll onto the lot at the perfect time and present a damn good opportunity for backstory setup and make me love writing for her again. Nina has her hair, but no set outfit yet though what she is wearing is along the style of what I do want for her in the end. (And yes this does mean I made a decision: hair will be teen-adult, no elders except in a few rare cases; but they'll have MM grey(maybe) instead). Dina still in maxis, as her look isn't going to debut until a few more chapters in.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 9:46 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 13th Jun 2017 at 9:16 PM.
I enjoyed Chapter 3 quite a lot. The plot thinkens so to speak.

Oh and I like a lot of the Maxis hair, I just have a problem with most of the Maxis clothes. I do have a lot of custom hair too though. heh.

Instructor
#11 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:56 PM
This story is really getting interesting! Your portrayals of Nina and Dina are quite accurate, I must say... I love the criminal undertones.! Perhaps a mafia is in order? This has become one of my favorite hoods to read about, so keep up the good work!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:24 PM
Oh, my! Who knew the Goth's could be so wicked! LOL
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:32 AM
Aww thanks guys!! Wicked is probably at this point in time one of the nicer compliments I feel the Goths are going to get because it only get worse from here on out for them. Nina/Dina portrayals currently do mirror the Eaxis versions as their day one play-thorugh makes it pretty much unavoidable to follow without major history rewrite though that should change pretty fast now that they're separated. I think people will be surprised at how those two come into their own later down the line.

Part 2 of chapter 3 is a quickie. No pics, because it's such a one off scene meant to get to part 3 of this chapter I felt that the 2 possible shots that may have been necessary were a waste of time. Granted this scene though is probably a look into one of the more happier times, strangely enough; that the Pleasants will ever get from me. It came out better than I thought because with the twins having their therapist advise them to reverse roles I was able to play alot more with personalities and it ended up being more true to what I've always felt they were really like in my head.

I should've been writing up chapter 4, but I skipped ahead to sketch out the minor parts that the Dreamer and Brokes play to the current main story arc instead because I have the feeling that chapter 4 is going to be one of the harder chapters for me to write. Brokes have a whole new none EA canon backstory to explain why instead of Beau as a toddler at the start, he's suddenly a teen. Tomorrow I plan on getting the shots I need for part 3 of ch. 3, so that release is looking like a Thurs/Fri event.

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
<snippage>.

"Like eww who wants some dead guy's ashes that's like super icky" Lilith said in her best Angela impression, or what she thought it was. The school bus arrived and Lilith grumbled. "O joy it's time to trade one prison for another". Mary Sue raised an eyebrow at her. "Oh, I mean O.M.G. I can't wait to hang with all my girls and gossip about boys comparing penis sizes in the locker room. I heard Dustin is really big in that department". Lilith grinned wickedly, as Daniel spewed his coffee and Angela gave Lilith her best 'you're so dead' stare. Mary-Sue sighed and grabbed her purse. "On second thought Daniel, you're right the therapist is going to pay for the funeral".

LOL I think that this bit is really funny. LOL. I do enjoy your writing and I hope that you include more funny bits.

I look forward to another installment in your story.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 2:17 PM
The finishing touch is here! Part 3 of chapter three for your viewing pleasure. Blocking this was a PITA, halfway though I ended up having to reload the lot (Quit without saving) so Don's stuff is 'magically' still in the place; so please ignore that little issue. Thought it would be posted tomorrow but I have a bit of energy left, so I wanted this out of the way; so Friday I could focus on chapter 4 which is kicking my ass. Cassandra & Mary-Sue debut their finished looks. Mortimer happened to stroll onto the lot while shooting which helped alot since Dina's furious with him, Cassandra is furious with Don so I didn't have to cleverly pose them alot just waited till they had some angry thoughts about their exes. (He's still on the lot, haven't taken him out yet just locked him in the bathroom so he couldn't get into shots). Overall I'm pleased with it but am really looking forward to Dina and Cassandra interacting less, as they're not that great of enemies I'm finding out. Great personalities to write, however; I think I can find them better enemies worthy of their talents as these two just didn't click right for me.

Instructor
#16 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 2:42 PM
"Any talents we don't know about besides maybe private ones involving poles". The tension between Cassandra and Dina was rather well portrayed. Cassandra's final comment was appropriately harsh, albeit somewhat surprising. More updates please!!

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 6:17 PM
"Any talents we don't know about besides maybe private ones involving poles". I love your turn of phrase. I can think of two possible meanings for that line and I am not sure which one was meant. Maybe both!

Great pictures.

I am anticipating your next installment of your story.

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:36 PM
Hey guys quick update. Hadn't the energy to do too much the last few days (been going through showers and ice water like they're limited editions of something) Ch 4 is halfway there. I wrote myself into a cliffhanger that demanded 4 be split into 2 parts. First part being central to overall storyline and 2nd part more fleshing out and touching on the issues that chapter 2 brought up. So 1st half is written, but needs the essential shots. 2nd half is a bit trickier to write so still trying to piece it out to make sure it's up to my standards and at 2 rewrites already we'll see how it goes. I have a bullet list of topics that are needed to be addressed in this part, the issue being that writing the characters to address these and not have them revert to maxis personalities is a bit challenging on certain aspects of it.

Not being able to move around much without getting heatstroke wasn't all that bad. Did alot of plotting out in my head and have tons of notes for the next few chapters. Decided that ch 5 will be a 3-4 parter so I can squeeze in the necessary stuff for Brokes, Dreamers, and Oldies (possibly Langerak too if I really feel that's she's relevant to it at the moment, she does have a setup role in ch 4 that puts her in main cast; its just a matter of if her stuff is needed now or down the road). Oddly enough Burbs don't even figure into the story at all so far. Not an accidental oversight, I just have no use of them to the story so far so it'll be a toss up to see if they indeed ever do make it in. Alot of 5 is sketched out enough already that it shouldn't take too long (because that's how much i've hated writing ch 4). Then....

All in all that's pretty much it. Tentatively 4 and 5 should be out between the 22-25 as I scored a 4 day weekend so ample time to push through.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:19 PM
Yea it's late but I had some weather issues, unexpected house guest, and to top it all off I threw out the pics for this chapter by accidentally placing them in the wrong folder to be deleted. Life's a bitch sometimes.

So here's both parts of chapter 4. Basically it picks up where it left off in chapter 2 part 3.

Part 1

Part 2
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:11 PM
Wow Very Dramatic! Lots of plot points. I am interested in find out what comes next. Don't stop posting here.

Instructor
#21 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:18 AM
Woah... Daniel is dying! This is better than the soap operas on TV. Perhaps you ought to become a writer for one of them, perhaps then, they'll become much more tolerable.

Check it out ;)