Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:58 PM
Default Custom content manager.
Is there a mod, tool, a custom launcher that will help me manage my custom content. I would like to be a tool that allows me not only to see and manage what custom content I have but I would like it if there was a way to turn off specific pieces of custom content. Like for example, I have a lot to me medieval themed objects in clothing and things, but I don't really want to use them in my lunar lights or roaring heights world. The only option I see when I go into the launcher is uninstall. I get options to uninstall/uncheck expansion packs but not custom content. I don't care if I need to reorganize my mods, but I've heard they cause lag one too much is enabled. I don't want to have to reinstall and uninstall my mods every time constantly. I know for games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Fallout new Vegas and GTA five there are things like this, are there any for the Sims?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 4:12 PM
CCMagic.
Its internal Help link doesn't work anymore and you wont' be able to use it as a launcher if you are on patch 1.69, but it's what I use. You can create and load different configurations depending on what kind of game you want to play.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888
Here is a tutorial that helps you get started.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic

You can use it to sort out sims3packs and packages. Don't merge counters and worlds. Those, you will still have to install with the EA launcher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:59 PM Last edited by BABOCO2 : 28th Jun 2017 at 9:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
CCMagic.
Its internal Help link doesn't work anymore and you wont' be able to use it as a launcher if you are on patch 1.69, but it's what I use. You can create and load different configurations depending on what kind of game you want to play.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888
Here is a tutorial that helps you get started.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic.
You can use it to sort out sims3packs and packages. Don't merge counters and worlds. Those, you will still have to install with the EA launcher.

Well is there a way to turn off worlds? I mean custom ones like Riverview or roaring heights?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 2:07 AM
Unfortunately not with CCMagic. Although, there is a way to extract the file and then simply drop it into the appropriate folder.
After that, it's simply a matter of taking them out of the folder when not needed. Of course, make sure never to start a save without making sure the world is where it belongs.
Instructions under: "Alternative World Installation"
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ut_The_Launcher

I'm not quite sure if I understood your initial question correctly.
With CCMagic, you leave all worlds installed and then simply play with the sets of CC that you need for a particular world. You define different configurations depending on what you play. So, for example, I have a configuration that includes just my clothes and hair when I only want to create a few sims. Another I have called "All of it", whihc is pretty self-explanatory.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 6:44 AM
Unfortunately not with CCMagic. Although, there is a way to extract the file and then simply drop it into the appropriate folder.
After that, it's simply a matter of taking them out of the folder when not needed. Of course, make sure never to start a save without making sure the world is where it belongs.
Instructions under: "Alternative World Installation"
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ut_The_Launcher

I'm not quite sure if I understood your initial question correctly.
With CCMagic, you leave all worlds installed and then simply play with the sets of CC that you need for a particular world. You define different configurations depending on what you play. So, for example, I have a configuration that includes just my clothes and hair when I only want to create a few sims. Another I have called "All of it", whihc is pretty self-explanatory.

Then how do you manage which worlds are currently installed with CC magic?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:09 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling and off the internet for a while.
You install worlds as per usual via the launcher. If you leave the world sims3pack file in the Downloads folder, they then show up in CCMagic next time you open the program. You disable them in CCMagic so they don't show up twice in CCMagic. This way they get transported into the Content folder with all the other CC that CCMagic handles.
World really don't get handled with CCMagic.
If you install world with the above method, I think CCMagic doesn't notice. It only recognizes files in the Downloads folder.
If there is any CC associated separately for a world, I tend to put it together in a set in CCMagic and enable it in a configuration every time I play a save in that world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:17 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling and off the internet for a while.
You install worlds as per usual via the launcher. If you leave the world sims3pack file in the Downloads folder, they then show up in CCMagic next time you open the program. You disable them in CCMagic so they don't show up twice in CCMagic. This way they get transported into the Content folder with all the other CC that CCMagic handles.
World really don't get handled with CCMagic.
If you install world with the above method, I think CCMagic doesn't notice. It only recognizes files in the Downloads folder.
If there is any CC associated separately for a world, I tend to put it together in a set in CCMagI'm sorry I'm not understanding how you're trying to respond, so there is no way to manage worlds in CC magic either, so that still needs to be handled in the launcher? Is that what you're saying?ic and enable it in a configuration every time I play a save in that world.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding how you're trying to respond, so there is no way to manage worlds in CC magic either, so that still needs to be handled in the launcher? Is that what you're saying?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 10:26 PM
The sims3pack for a typical world from the store contains a) the world itself, meaning the location/neighbourhood/town and b) the objects that come with the world. Those things are handled differently by the game.

When I talk of "world" I mean a) the location/town, NOT the objects.

CC magic doesn't handle worlds as they are not installed in the same folders as other cc. CC Magic allows you to chose which objects you want to start your game with, without having to uninstall them. But it's for objects only.

You can extract the objects and the world file from the sims3pack and convert them to package files/world file. In this case, you can handle the world's objects with cc magic as they are installed as any other packages. The world itself will still not be handled by CC Magic as it still goes to a different folder. But you never come across another world in game as long as you don't start a new save/game or travel, so that shouldn't bother you.

Store worlds need an aditional procedure because they are protected. But it's possible for them, too.

How to extract objects and world from sims3packs: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

If you want to deal with store worlds, please have a look at this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/496364 You will need to decrap your sims3packs before you can convert them with the Multi-Extracter (always make a backup copy of your stuff first and keep it in a safe place)!

This method works with disc install/patch 1.67. If you are using Origin, maybe someone else can confirm?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BABOCO2
I'm sorry I'm not understanding how you're trying to respond, so there is no way to manage worlds in CC magic either, so that still needs to be handled in the launcher? Is that what you're saying?

Short answer: yes, that's what I'm saying.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 1:32 AM
Short answer: yes, that's what I'm saying.

Is there any easy way that you know up to find their worlds in the launcher instead of looking at everything in the launcher?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 3:55 PM
After installing worlds in the launcher and you disable them in CCMagic, they are listed in the CCMagic folder in "Content" (best way is sorting by file size) or in the disabled set in CCMagic.
I have a set "launcher installed" that has the things I have installed with the launcher. CCMagic also allows filtering. So, for example, I installed counters, worlds, and various store sets with the launcher and then put them all in a disabled set in CCMagic, that I called "launcher installed". If I want to check whether a particular world is still there without opening the game, I select that set and filter by "worlds".
I don't know if all this makes any sense to you. I would think without having looked at CCMagic, this might sound all very abstract.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 4:23 AM
Does anyone have the PDF manual in English? His offsite forum links are down and the download listed as the manual doesn't contain any PDFs, just .dll files. TBH it looks like BOTH download links just download the CC Magic program itself, not one the program and one the manual. I've checked the other sites listed and they aren't very in depth. If someone could send the English translation of the original Russian PDF manual (or tell me where I can download it currently) I'd greatly appreciate it!

~ Celanna
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 7:41 PM
I cannot get most of my Sims three packages to work when I do things through CC magic. They're all in the proper Sims three pack folder under contents. Yet almost none of them load.And yes I have hit rebuild and refresh.
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:16 AM
That's part of the problem I am having... I was hoping something in the manual would explain why this happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:50 AM
It could be that these are store files. They tend to be rather wonky with CCMagic. Decrapifying them often works (at least with most of what I have).
Finding the files in the CC Magic Content folder doesn't really mean much in terms of whether they are installed properly.
If they install properly they will be merged as sets in the Cache folder in the Mods folder.
So, for example, I have a set I called "female hair" put together in CCMagic. When properly installed, I have a folder called "female hair" that contains a package MODBUILD0 and a cfg file in the Cache folder.
Think of CCMagic as an extractor (like Delphi's multi installer), merger (like you could do with packages and SP3PE) and organizer all rolled into one. If you are not on patch 1.69, it also serves as launcher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:14 AM
It could be that these are store files. They tend to be rather wonky with CCMagic. Decrapifying them often works (at least with most of what I have).
Finding the files in the CC Magic Content folder doesn't really mean much in terms of whether they are installed properly.
If they install properly they will be merged as sets in the Cache folder in the Mods folder.
So, for example, I have a set I called "female hair" put together in CCMagic. When properly installed, I have a folder called "female hair" that contains a package MODBUILD0 and a cfg file in the Cache folder.
Think of CCMagic as an extractor (like Delphi's multi installer), merger (like you could do with packages and SP3PE) and organizer all rolled into one. If you are not on patch 1.69, it also serves as launcher.

Okay at least there clears that up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:27 PM
I know this is a slightly old thread that I started, but this is kind of on sam line of questions I had. Can you merge lots into package files and then merge those together?Or do they need to be installed and stuff through the launcher?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:15 AM
Lots can be installed through the launcher or you put the package file in the library, but I don't think you can merge lots