Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Unclearable Dirty Flies Animation on Lot [Sims 2 Super Collection Mac]
At the corner of my lot, a Sims 2 University fraternity house, there is flies animation (usually associated with dirty plates) that appears at the edge of my lot. There are no plates there, and the flies don't appear to be located on any tile on the lot. It appears in the far corner just outside the playable area. I've tried packaging and replacing the lot, moving the lot, moving the Sims household out and back in. This does not go away. Interestingly, this has happened on both of the fraternity lots I have played. The first instance is shown in the picture. The second lot has a similar random fly animation across the street.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Screenshot.jpg (351.6 KB, 13 downloads)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerorigin
At the corner of my lot, a Sims 2 University fraternity house, there is flies animation (usually associated with dirty plates) that appears at the edge of my lot. There are no plates there, and the flies don't appear to be located on any tile on the lot. It appears in the far corner just outside the playable area. I've tried packaging and replacing the lot, moving the lot, moving the Sims household out and back in. This does not go away. Interestingly, this has happened on both of the fraternity lots I have played. The first instance is shown in the picture. The second lot has a similar random fly animation across the street.

I have had this problem a few times so far, never did figure out how to get rid of it. On the other hand does not seem to cause me any problems.

@simmerorigin On another note if you are playing on a Mac with the Super Collection, then you need to remove Free Time and Apartment Life from the list of expansions that you have in your Profile. As it is it is confusing and if you are trying to download anything here it makes the compatiable downloads listing inaccurate.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.