Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 6:07 PM
Default Retexturing custom meshes
Hey guys!
I have been retexturing meshes fine... ( and have started creating my own.. finally yay!) But when I retexture the base texture on CASunitool... it does this...

I have put new bump maps on, sorted specular and overlay and added the LOD's. It's just when i repalce the texture.. p.s Alpha is fine. I am so confsued! Any help will be REALLY appreciated!

Jess
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 6:20 PM
The only thing I can think of that would cause this is a transparent alpha so the skin texture shows through. Can you post screengrabs of the base RGB and Alpha?
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 6:22 PM
you say that the alpha is fine, did you export the texture and review it in your texture proggy?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 7:44 PM
How do i do that? (noob here) haha! ofcourse.. here is the photo of the RGB and alpha.

(thanks for the replies , its really appreciated.. I am on the verge of throwing my monitor out the window, ha!)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 9:53 PM
Looks fine, but something's obviously wrong. How did you save your dds texture file? Should be DXT5 format.

If you could upload the dress package we can take a more detailed look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 11:13 PM
Yep DXT5.. interpolated Alpa! Coould it be because it's not the 'base' EA texture ? Becuase im replacing somebody else's texture or would that not matteR? May I email you the package , please?? Or how do i put it up here? Its bugging me so much.. I just cant figure out whats going wrong!
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 3:54 AM
So your working on a custom package created by someone else?
I would start over with a basegame clone and load texture and meshes in that one.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 12:55 PM
You can attach files here the same way you attach images, using the Manage Attachments box on the "Go Advanced" reply screen. You'll need to rar/zip the file first.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 5:37 PM
What do you mean by basement clone? I did try using an EA long dress mesh and loaded the new lod's but when i went in game, the neck and shoulders were sliced through.. like the mesh didnt fit.

Here is the original zip file.. see if you guys can retexture it, please!: )
Attached files:
File Type: rar  longmaxi.rar (1.15 MB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 6:22 PM
I also tried it with another mesh and when I increase body weight,it does this.. ARGH!! Feel like crying.. haha! Really want to fix it because I took hours texturing it andits turned out so pretty. =[
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 7:24 PM
That's just because you haven't made the morphs yet, don't worry; there's nothing wrong with the mesh.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 7:43 PM
oooh, is it easy making morphs?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM
Just been usig your morph maker but when i click ''create BGEO'' this error appears...

I am so sorry for being such a noob.. you are all very patient and I really appreciate all youe help
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 10:24 PM
I meant for you to upload your recolor so we can look for the problem, not the original package. You could remove it later if you don't want it up here, or send it to me via email.

You're getting that error in MorphMaker because you're trying to load a base mesh, not a morph mesh. The basic way it works is that there's a base mesh, which is the unmorphed shape and what you're used to working with, and there are morph meshes for the fat, fit, thin, and (if applicable) pregnant states. The morph meshes are different - they contain only information on how to move the base mesh vertices to get the morphed shape, so they're about half the size of the base mesh. In Milkshape the base has to be loaded first and then the morphs are loaded 'over' it. MorphMaker takes the morph meshes for each morph, converts them to the format the game uses, and adds them to the clothing package. You still have to make the morph meshes.

Rather than explain how to do morph meshes here - I did a tutorial on how to make a pregnant morph which is in the second lesson in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=397260

The other morphs are done the same way. It's best to load the base and morphs of a similar basegame mesh to use as a guide. (Whichever mesh you're importing a morph for has to be on top of the list in the Milkshape Groups tab. Be sure to rename the groups after import so you don't get confused!)

In this case, if all you're doing is a recolor I think it would be easier to try to fix whatever your texturing problem is rather than build new morphs. If you get into meshing, though, you'll have to learn how sooner or later!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#15 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:51 PM
Okay, I finally realized you replaced the base texture in CTU, took that screenshot, and never created a new package, so there was no recolor package to upload.

Anyway - I tried it myself with the CC package you uploaded, and got the exact same 'skin dress'. Very, very strange. When I tried saving the package anyway, I got the same thing you did again - a package with only a CASP and the base texture, no meshes or anything else.

Then I tried opening the original CC package in S3PE and replacing the base texture that way (highlight the image, right-click, click Replace) and that worked. When I open the package in CTU the correct texture is there, and it looks fine in-game.

I can only think the CC clothing package is not correctly formatted in some way, or there's something nonstandard in it that confuses CTU. The only thing I noticed is that the base image is in there about 5 or 6 times, apparently all the same, when there should be only one copy. I replaced all of them.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:10 PM
You are an absolute STAR!! Seriously, I would give you a huge hug right now if I could!! Im jumping up and down! I seriously cant thankyou enough but I will credit you in my post! Does the dress look nice in game?! hehe! Ill try it now Thanks again!!! You're so patient and helpful
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:12 PM
sorry! one more thing.. in sim3pe.. it doesnt show photo previews for me? Which one is the base texture?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:51 PM
I have no luck ( or im just dumb!) I replaced the texture and the mask in the SimPE software and when I load the game up.. its invisible?? siigh
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#19 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:18 PM
Did you get the S3PE preview working? Did you check in Settings in the menu bar that Enable DDS Preview is checked?

Don't know why it would be invisible. Can you upload the modified package?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:20 PM
Ok, I got it working but design 2 is still in the pack.. so i opened up CAS... deleted design 2.. put the geoms in lod's and bump and save. But it is a 0kb save and doesnt open. hmmm!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:23 PM
This is what it looks like.. I have enabled DDS preview, too.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#22 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:01 PM
CTU just doesn't seem able to work with this package. If you want to try building a new package, do this:

Extract the geoms - I think you already did this.

Extract the BGEO files, which are the morph information. You can tell which is which by highlighting the CASP, then look in the detail window for BlendInfoFatIndex and note the hex number, which in this case is 0x0D. Then scroll down to the bottom of the CASP info window to the CountedTGIBlockList at the end. Look for number 0x0D and note the TGI (Type, Group, Instance) next to it. In this case it's 0x062C8204-0x00000000-0x2833BF3A0BC64C78. Look for the BBLN in the package with those TGI numbers and highlight it. Then in the info window look for BlendGeometry and note the TGI next to it, in this case 0x067CAA11-0x00000000-0x59873B806A0669A0. Look for the BGEO in the package with those TGI numbers and that's your fat BGEO. Extract it and name it something so you know it's the fat morph. (You can remove the numbers from the file name too.) Repeat the same procedure for the fit, thin, and special (pregnant) morphs.

Open CTU and start from scratch like Bloom recommended, picking a similar dress and importing the meshes from the custom package and your textures. (Maybe you still have the package you did this way before, the one that exploded when you increased fatness. If so, use that.)

Now run MorphMaker. On the bottom right click the Clothes/Hair button. Then click the "Add morphs to package" button. Find your package from the previous step. Then you'll get a window where you select a BGEO file for each morph. Import the BGEO files you exported from the custom package. Click 'Save as a new package' and save with a new name.

Hopefully that new package will work with CTU and the morphs will work correctly. Let me know!
Sockpuppet
#23 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:08 PM
You could try to clone it with S3OC but updating or cloning custom packages with CTU isn't possible, you must re add the meshes then.
Remember you neither can update meshes or bumpmaps with CTU, you need to do that with S3PE or Postal.

Lol, S3OC crashes
But you can clone the file with TSRW, it is prolly made it with in the first place as it contains the bond and bone files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:17 PM
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#25 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 12:32 AM
Not sure my comment took at BlogSpot - fast work and it looks really good!
Page 1 of 3