Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(New Version Available) Widescreen Loading Background

by thesammy58 Posted 24th Aug 2013 at 8:21 PM - Updated 20th May 2021 at 1:20 AM by thesammy58 : Updated installation instructions

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 2:11 AM
Love the widescreen loading background you've made, thesammy58
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 2:13 AM
Ah! Thank you, no more atrocious black bars down the sides. This should be marvellous.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 2:51 AM
I'm really glad you guys like it! Compliments & feedback is always appreciated!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 11:22 AM
Now I am even more tempted to reinstall TS2! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:55 PM
I'm amazed that none of these loading-screen replacements has any description that explains WHERE to put the file or what to do with it. I put it in the UI folder of my latest expansion pack (Mansion & Garden). I wouldn't even have thought of that, if not for a comment I read somewhere else, and it's not working.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
I'm amazed that none of these loading-screen replacements has any description that explains WHERE to put the file or what to do with it. I put it in the UI folder of my latest expansion pack (Mansion & Garden). I wouldn't even have thought of that, if not for a comment I read somewhere else, and it's not working.

Mansion and Garden is not an Expansion Pack, it's a Stuff Pack. Also...
Quote: Originally posted by Main Post
Please see the Install Instructions! This mod does not go into your Downloads folder!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:38 PM
Why didn't EA/Maxis/whoever make the loading screens have a widescreen version anyway? Glad there's this one.

Do you plan on doing this for the other loading screens, as well as the neighborhood menu (the one that shows up upon starting up the game)?
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:22 AM Last edited by thesammy58 : 24th Jul 2014 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by eddmario
Why didn't EA/Maxis/whoever make the loading screens have a widescreen version anyway? Glad there's this one.

Do you plan on doing this for the other loading screens, as well as the neighborhood menu (the one that shows up upon starting up the game)?

I've tried changing the neighborhood menu background, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. I had the correct instance ID entered and everything but the game was being stubborn. I'll keep trying, though.

Edit: After messing around a bit more, it seems that the ugly blue border in the neighborhood selection is a little overlay that goes on top of whatever background I put in. So it doesn't look like I'll be able to put a widescreen background there.

Also, about the neighborhood and family loading screens; I don't think I'd be able to change that, as it seems to act exactly like the loading box at the beginning of the game. It's something that is difficult to change because it's animated and would look ugly stretched widescreen.
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:10 AM
Did you all get your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? I'm have such a hard time getting it. Went to Origin to get my copy didn't find anything about it at all. Everything I see has a price. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody tell me how to get the Collection?

Classzlady
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by classzlady
Did you all get your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? I'm have such a hard time getting it. Went to Origin to get my copy didn't find anything about it at all. Everything I see has a price. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody tell me how to get the Collection?

Go up to the top left corner where it says "Origin" and click on that. Then press "Redeem Product Code" or something like that. When you enter in the product key, type "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS"
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:17 AM
Can't get it to work. I put it in AL and loaded the game, then I tried Fun with Pets and it still doesn't function.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoptartChris
Can't get it to work. I put it in AL and loaded the game, then I tried Fun with Pets and it still doesn't function.

Hmm, I'm not sure what could be going wrong then. The only thing I can say at the moment is that if you have Ultimate Collection you're putting it in the Origin Games folder right? I haven't included that in my Install Instructions.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Hmm, I'm not sure what could be going wrong then. The only thing I can say at the moment is that if you have Ultimate Collection you're putting it in the Origin Games folder right? I haven't included that in my Install Instructions.

All of a sudden its working now! I had to restart my pc. :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoptartChris
All of a sudden its working now! I had to restart my pc. :D

Awesome! If I see anyone else with this problem now I'll know what to do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:17 PM
I have the sims ultimate edition so where does the file go in? I'm guessing C:/programfiles86/OriginGames/TheSims2UltimateEdition/ I'm also not sure which one to put it in. Can you help thanks!

Update: Nvm I figured it out too. It goes in the AL folder. ^_^ I as well was thinking pets for some reason. It works great thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Koagz Terraform : 7th Sep 2014 at 1:12 AM.
I got it to work by placing it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UI". I also got it to work by placing it in the Apartment Life folder, and it probably works in other folders too, but I'm sticking with the Double Deluxe folder because it's also recommended for thesammy58's "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Loading Screen" mod.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 8:52 PM
does this mod support 1920x1080 ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DjBasA
does this mod support 1920x1080 ?

It supports up to 1920x980. You can still use it with higher resolutions than that, there will just be a dark blue border along the edges. Looking back that was a very silly decision but I have no plans on updating this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 11:18 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:50 PM
It doesn't work for me...?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananensap
It doesn't work for me...?

Did you read the installation instructions carefully?